“They went the extra mile.”

Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Chandlers Ford
“They went the extra mile.”
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here the week of the snow storm. The staff were great. Some of them 'lived in' because they couldn't get home. There was always a smile and great service. Ok the gym only has 3 machines (and 1 dumbbell!) -I didn't use the gym next door - but there was coffee and cookies plus snow shovels if you needed them. I just want to say thanks to those people who gave the service and worked long hours and made a bad experience bearable. It's easy to criticise but I want to give credit where it is due.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
HGIIslip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Islip. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay during not so enjoyable weather. I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and acknowledging our wonderful TEAM! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Clarksville
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

Came down from Albany to help clear roads from snow storm. NYS DOT had everything messed up and after working 26 hrs straight we were told to be out of room by 11am. With no place for my crew to stay. Heading out to sleep in trucks staff (Jenn) stepped up made tons of calls and moved things around so my crew could sleep, shower, & head back out to get the ice off these roads. Many thanks! Rooms were nice, clean, and large. One room had a walk in shower that was handicap accessible which I will keep in mind when I travel with my grandmother. Table in lobby was huge and great for a make shift command center. The WiFi was confusing as it looked as you had to pay but just click on "pay" and put in last name and room no. Every employee here smiles and is helpful. On this trip I could care less about pool, fitness center, etc. this review is to thank those who helped us. Thank You!

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nubchuck
Holbrook, New York, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Staff was very friendly and accomidating. Rooms and Lobby were very neat and clean. Pool was a very nice distraction for the kids.I would definately have another function at this hotel. We celebrated my Sons 9th Birthday and had a sleepover with 7 boys. The staff met every request and the Children had the best time. Thank you Hilton for everything.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
San Antonio
Reviewed 27 January 2013

It was what you expect from Hilton, clean, comfortable, quiet. The entire staff is great, courteous, friendly. The fitness center provides access to a gym that is 5 minutes away. A really good Italian restuarant is across the street.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I was sick and my fiancee came visiting. We chose to spend the night here because I lost power and it was very windy, so there was no guarantee power was going to be back for the night. The room was clean and very comfortable. Overall, we had a pleasant experience at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Stayed one night for business before flying back home. The facilities were overall very good and clean and the staff extremely friendly and accommodating. There were two flaws during my stay: first, there was no exercise bicycle in the fitness center though it was advertised in the guide to services book. Secondly, as I chose to eat in the hotel restaurant, the quality of the food was not good (pasta dish and soup).

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
HGIIslip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found our hotel to be very clean, just what we strive for! I'm sorry that you were disappointed in our fitness center but we also offer complimentary membership to Platinum Fitness which is less than half a mile from the hotel. I understand that you were also disappointed with your soup and entrée, I have brought your comment to our culinary team and we are actively reworking our offerings. The next time you are in the Islip area we would love to have you come back. Thank you once again for your comments.
Sussex
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We were here from the UK for a wedding so we had a number of rooms. The Hilton name is known in the UK and we were pleased with the location, value, rooms, staff and breakfast food. The bar does not open until 5pm and is then usually only open until 10.30/ 11pm so different to the UK. The hotel did stay open late the night of the wedding as a special occasion but it closed at 1am which we thought fair. There is not a lot around the hotel - we did 'go for a walk' but there were few pavements!! Americans do not walk very much it seems. We managed a big round the blocks walk which was interesting as we saw a number of homes - lovely gardens, style of build and size. Good place to stay

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
Islandia Marriott Long Island

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!