“Clean, well-kept hotel w/best bed ever!”

Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I love a firm mattress and the beds at the Hilton Garden Inn have become my favorite because you can choose the firmness of your bed (there is a dial on the mattress). I won't stay anywhere else! The hotel is very nice. Relaxing and warm decor (earth tones). Decent food/room service. The location is convenient to the airport & central Long Island. I have stayed in a lot of other hotels in the area - Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Wingate by Wyndham, etc. and they are not nearly as new or as nice. I love that the air conditioning/heating unit has an option for continuous fan becuase I need white noise to sleep and it does the trick. Staff are nice, friendly and helpful. I only wish the coffee in the room tasted better, but there is always coffee for free in the main lobby that is pretty good.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sara D

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel November and December 2012. Beautiful hotel and great room. Love the adjustible beds. Food is a little pricey but never had a bad meal. Islip/Macarthur airport is a short drive from the hotel and they offer shuttle service to and from. Be ready to drive everywhere though as the location is right in the cross of a major intersection. I would recommend this place and will stay again.

Room Tip: Southwest and US Airways flies at this airport. Flying in and out of here is better than driving to...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Hello, We are native New Yorkers who have traveled the world and currently living in Turkey. On a recent 2 week trip back home to Long Island we randomly chose the Hilton Garden Inn in Ronkonkama for our stay, initially only for a night or two as it was quite a distance from our daily work location. It was the best decision we could have made and we wound up staying the full 2 weeks. From the minute we walked in we were greeted warmly by Tommy and treated exceptionally well by everyone our entire stay. Service never wained and any request was taken care of immediately and with genuine concern. The entire front desk staff was outstanding and the room service and lobby staff could not have been better. During our stay a major blizzard hit N.Y. and things were quite chaotic for a couple of days, to say the least. Once we entered the hotel the same smiling helpful staff was there to greet us with service you could count on.

It is with gratitude that we would like to say Thank You to the entire staff for a wonderful and enjoyable stay and feel you should be recognized as one of the best.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed here the week of the snow storm. The staff were great. Some of them 'lived in' because they couldn't get home. There was always a smile and great service. Ok the gym only has 3 machines (and 1 dumbbell!) -I didn't use the gym next door - but there was coffee and cookies plus snow shovels if you needed them. I just want to say thanks to those people who gave the service and worked long hours and made a bad experience bearable. It's easy to criticise but I want to give credit where it is due.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
HGIIslip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Islip. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay during not so enjoyable weather. I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and acknowledging our wonderful TEAM! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Came down from Albany to help clear roads from snow storm. NYS DOT had everything messed up and after working 26 hrs straight we were told to be out of room by 11am. With no place for my crew to stay. Heading out to sleep in trucks staff (Jenn) stepped up made tons of calls and moved things around so my crew could sleep, shower, & head back out to get the ice off these roads. Many thanks! Rooms were nice, clean, and large. One room had a walk in shower that was handicap accessible which I will keep in mind when I travel with my grandmother. Table in lobby was huge and great for a make shift command center. The WiFi was confusing as it looked as you had to pay but just click on "pay" and put in last name and room no. Every employee here smiles and is helpful. On this trip I could care less about pool, fitness center, etc. this review is to thank those who helped us. Thank You!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nubchuck
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Staff was very friendly and accomidating. Rooms and Lobby were very neat and clean. Pool was a very nice distraction for the kids.I would definately have another function at this hotel. We celebrated my Sons 9th Birthday and had a sleepover with 7 boys. The staff met every request and the Children had the best time. Thank you Hilton for everything.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2013

It was what you expect from Hilton, clean, comfortable, quiet. The entire staff is great, courteous, friendly. The fitness center provides access to a gym that is 5 minutes away. A really good Italian restuarant is across the street.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!