“Perfect hotel with warm, pleasant staff!”

Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Reviewed 23 March 2013

When I arrived after a long day of driving, I immediately felt welcomed and at home while checking in. My room was super clean, whisper quiet, roomy, and very comfortable. I had a much needed deep sleep in the very comfortable bed, and in the morning, service at breakfast was also extremely friendly, and the food was very good. I also enjoyed a swim and relaxation in the whirlpool spa...also very clean! Overall, I was extremely pleased with my experience here! It was a much needed, relaxing respite, and I couldn't have been happier.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank uwmadmeteor

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Very clean and good smell, the bed is very confortable and you can adjust the firmness as you like. Did not dinner at te restaurant but very good breakfast. The staff are very helpful. i will choose this Hilton on my next trip to Long Island.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
HGIIslip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Hello Barakat B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Islip. I’m thrilled to hear you found our Garden Sleep system beds to be very comfortable and had an opportunity to enjoy our delicious cooked to order breakfast. I'm sure our staff will be thrilled to hear about your experience at our property. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Islip in December - first trip back to the US in over a year - and found the hotel to be great. But the breakfast was exceptional. Best bacon and made-to-order omlettes that I've had in a very long time.

The staff at the front desk and in the restaurant were very helpful. They provided great recommendations for restaurants and local shopping options. This was my first trip to Long Island, so their information was spot on.

The shower in the hotel was having some trouble and maintenance replace the showerhead the same day. Overall the staff is very involved in squeezing the most out of the property for the guest.

Internet service is included (unlike the full-on Hilton where I stayed in January) and was reliable. This location was 25 minutes from my office, so it's a bit far - but next time in town, I'll look to stay here - again going back to the quality of the breakfast!

Room Tip: Find a room close to an exit to avoid having to trapse through the lobby each time. Also towards ba...
Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
HGIIslip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....thank you for your business!

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I love a firm mattress and the beds at the Hilton Garden Inn have become my favorite because you can choose the firmness of your bed (there is a dial on the mattress). I won't stay anywhere else! The hotel is very nice. Relaxing and warm decor (earth tones). Decent food/room service. The location is convenient to the airport & central Long Island. I have stayed in a lot of other hotels in the area - Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Wingate by Wyndham, etc. and they are not nearly as new or as nice. I love that the air conditioning/heating unit has an option for continuous fan becuase I need white noise to sleep and it does the trick. Staff are nice, friendly and helpful. I only wish the coffee in the room tasted better, but there is always coffee for free in the main lobby that is pretty good.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sara D
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel November and December 2012. Beautiful hotel and great room. Love the adjustible beds. Food is a little pricey but never had a bad meal. Islip/Macarthur airport is a short drive from the hotel and they offer shuttle service to and from. Be ready to drive everywhere though as the location is right in the cross of a major intersection. I would recommend this place and will stay again.

Room Tip: Southwest and US Airways flies at this airport. Flying in and out of here is better than driving to...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Hello, We are native New Yorkers who have traveled the world and currently living in Turkey. On a recent 2 week trip back home to Long Island we randomly chose the Hilton Garden Inn in Ronkonkama for our stay, initially only for a night or two as it was quite a distance from our daily work location. It was the best decision we could have made and we wound up staying the full 2 weeks. From the minute we walked in we were greeted warmly by Tommy and treated exceptionally well by everyone our entire stay. Service never wained and any request was taken care of immediately and with genuine concern. The entire front desk staff was outstanding and the room service and lobby staff could not have been better. During our stay a major blizzard hit N.Y. and things were quite chaotic for a couple of days, to say the least. Once we entered the hotel the same smiling helpful staff was there to greet us with service you could count on.

It is with gratitude that we would like to say Thank You to the entire staff for a wonderful and enjoyable stay and feel you should be recognized as one of the best.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed here the week of the snow storm. The staff were great. Some of them 'lived in' because they couldn't get home. There was always a smile and great service. Ok the gym only has 3 machines (and 1 dumbbell!) -I didn't use the gym next door - but there was coffee and cookies plus snow shovels if you needed them. I just want to say thanks to those people who gave the service and worked long hours and made a bad experience bearable. It's easy to criticise but I want to give credit where it is due.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
HGIIslip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Islip. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay during not so enjoyable weather. I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and acknowledging our wonderful TEAM! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
Hyatt Regency Long Island
2 mi away
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!