“odd hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Springfield, Virginia
“odd hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

It seems like it's several buildings, joined together by jury-rigged prefab causeways. I was there for a convention and the trek from my room in the back to the function rooms was a long one. Not to mention difficult to figure out at first. And no elevator. It's only two floors so this isn't a huge deal, but hauling the luggage up and down was a pain. Function food was mediocre but the breakfast I ordered from room service was a cut above average; I appreciated the onions and peppers in the home fries. And they were quick. Bar prices were reasonable and the bartenders were friendly. The room was perfectly acceptable, with a microwave and a "cooler" which is sort of a fridge. Not special but perfectly fine. I got an $89 event rate which is a very good deal for this area. I felt I got my money's worth; if I'd paid full price I might not have been so thrilled. Location is a little out of the way, there wasn't much around it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Julie M
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Julie,

We thank you for staying with Clarion Hotel & Conference Center.
This hotel building was built long time ago and was built with convienece in mind. The property does have 2 seperate elevators. I am glad you enjoyed the room service and overall you enjoyed your stay.

I also thank you for your feedback and will share it with our superiors and see if any possible improvements may be made. Please know your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last week. I was hesitant about the reservation after reading all the mixed reviews. I had booked through hotwire and tried to cancel the reservation but they told me they would not move me or cancel until at least went to view the hotel. The first thing I asked was to check out a room before checking in. The room was very nice large king-size bed pullout sofa desk and chair with new carpeting and a big screen TV. I decided to accept the room and my wife and I stayed for two days. I heard no noise from the hotel's bar restaurant. The staff at the front desk were friendly and courteous. I did not eat in the restaurant however it looked clean and nice and they did serve free coffee every morning for anyone who is interested as well as a free newspaper. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay there again without any reservations. I only paid $174 for two nights nowhere else can I find a room nearly as nice without paying at least $100 $250 more. I stayed in countless hotels this is as nice as you could expect for the money and nice even if you weren't considering the money. Book with confidence you'll be satisfied I'm sure.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear CBOWVBO,

We thank you for booking and staying with us. It gives us imense pleasure after we learn that our guests left happy and satisfied. We as the hotel staff feel rewarded.

We thank you for hank you for taking the time to complete online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please let us know when you decide to visit us again and we will make your stay even better than before.

We hope to see you again soon!

new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

A group of us took our kids to the Dr. Who convention this past weekend. The rooms were clean and roomy enough. Unfortunatley the restaraunt was only doing buffet meals because of the convention. We had to cross a busy parkway to get to Applebees for lunch. Besides that the hotel was fine. It could have used a small arcade for the kids.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Casalnewyork,
We thank you for booking and staying with us at Clarion Hotel. It pleases us to learn that you did enjoy your stay. Also I see that you did not have a good time with food at the restaurant. Even though we have good reviews on our restaurant I can understand that you did not enjoy the buffets.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I would like you to come and stay with us when you visit the area next time and also would like to extend a credit of $25 dollars to our Brickyard reaturant when you book directly with us.
Please know your satisfaction is important to us and we will make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

The room are adequate. I was staying on business for an extended time. Beds were comfortable, rooms clean and bathrooms well stocked. The staff....oh my, the staff!! I was only there for a day when everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, called me by my first name. Bridgette at the front desk was even able to make me laugh when I came in at the end of a very exhausting day. Jackie, Joe, at the front desk were also a blast. Professional, yet not stuffy. Always a smile. I never had the opportunity o have the breakfast as I was usually up and out before 6:30 but I would gladly pass on that as long as I didn't have to pass on the "free light dinner" offered Mon-Thurs evening between 6-8 pm. Bobbi, the hostess, is an absolute delight and top notch. Once I was seated she refused to allow me to lift a finger, practically waiting on me hand and foot! Service and attention like that just doesn't exist anymore! She thoroughly enjoys her job and it shows, as I sat there and watched her greet each guest by their first name, chat with the and made them feel like they were welcomed home after a long day on the road, The rooms are nice, food is good, location is extremely convenient and easy access, really. But the staff.......PHENOMONAL AND TOP NOTCH!!!!!! I truly hope Clarion and the owners know what a rare gem they have!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hello Lynchgirl,

I am glad that you had a good time during your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time for your online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Truly the rooms are not to be bragged about... Autumn Gold bedding...really?. As a Platinum Choice Privileges Member, I was insulted that only a the "Cold continental" breakfast was included with my room (Catch up with IHG and Hilton Honors). This was especially angering as the "free buffet" was intermingled among the "Upgraded" meal items...making one feel as though breakfast is a sneakily contrived income strategy. Frank, Dave and Marianne in the restaurant/bar were each, welcoming and made me feel like a "Regular", even though this was my first visit to this property. What redeemed this hotel more than anything else though was the Choice Privileges Lounge, which opened every evening between 6P-8P, Monday - Thursday night (I left Friday morning, so not ware whether they opened Friday evening as well). Bobbi, a warm, personable vibrant woman went out of her way to ensure every guest's comfort. The complementary food and discounted drinks were much appreciated, and got me over the whole breakfast issue easily. But the fact that Bobbi welcomed me by name, remembered my drink, provided great conversation and was equally so with everyone I witnessed her encounter was what solidified my decision to return to this hotel. She along with the other staff members I named made the difference here; They ought to know how important they are.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Itzyourmove2,
Thank you for taking time to write us a review. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I truly value your comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement needed. I would also like to let you know that your satisfaction is important to us and we are making several improvements to ensure an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I would like to offer you $50 dollars credit at our Brickyard Bar & Grill on your next stay with us. Please know that we will have hot breakfast ready for you when you give us another chance and book directly with us at the hotel. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Hampton Bays
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I paid 71$ a night trough Hotwire for 2 nights on Labor day week-end!!!.For the price I found this hotel very good!Saw many airline people taking a night here.Nice pool ,nice room everything was perfect,staff nice too.The hallways was a little dirty because in 3 days I didn't see anybody vacuuming but room service was impeccable
I understand frustration from people who paid 189$/night for same room but you have to go online these days not straight to hotel reception desk..For that money I'm sure you expect much more but for 71$ I was more than satisfied with conditions and room cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Sanicco22,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. The hallways are cleaned daily and the missed day was addressed to the housekeeping department so its not missed again. We hope to see you again soon!
Operations Manager
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Clarion. It was very comfortable, clean and convenient location. Nice restaurant in building too. Beds were comfortable and it was relaxing, They had a party room downstairs and even being on first floor we never heard the sounds,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Cy W,
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! The hotel will be renovating all of the rooms and we are having a sign right outside the hotel which would be visible from a distance.
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!