“Just for an overnight stay”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
“Just for an overnight stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Understanding upfront that this hotel was not meant to be an upscale hotel, my stay wasn't bad. My biggest complaint was the smell. The hallways smell dank and old and my room smelled the same with a slight hint of old cigarette (non-smoking room). My room was clean and it was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator. If you plan to stay more than a night or two, I would suggest finding somewhere nicer. It is not of 3 star quality like they claim to be and for the full price rate I would have felt ripped off. I got a better rate on Priceline so I'm ok with the outcome.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Cutiecheeks11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was easy to find and we were able to easily walk across the highway to Applebees for dinner.
Theo hotel looks a lot better on the outside, and in the front lobby, than it actually does in the rest of the property. Our room was satisfactory, but the hallways were dark and dirty. The hotel staff was friendly enough, but it was a nightmare trying to print boarding passes from their non-functional computers in the 'business center.' (Front desk clerk finally gave me her email so I could send it to her and have her print it.) If you are a Choice Priviledges member, they give you free continental breakfast at the restaurant on site, but good luck with that. The restaurant manager quickly explains to you anything cold is free, but anything warm is $7.95, then proceeds to stand over you as you eat to make sure you don't grab a piece of bacon. It really passed the ridiculous point, where he made excuses to hover near our table, pretending to rearrange things on empty tables. This was after asking us multiple times for our room number and last name just to make sure we were entitled to those Honey Nut Cheerios and stale bagels. When we left, we said "thank you," and he just grunted in disgust. Guess everyone ends up buying the warm breakfast when faced with the choice, but we were too angry to do so and figured we'd spent our money on an early lunch elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Clarion in Ronkonkoma over the Memorial Day weekend. In addition to two wedding groups staying at the hotel, there were multiple baseball teams staying there for a weekend tournament. Holiday weekend; lots of travelers from the city; late checkouts.
At least we had a reservation. Late checkouts by some groups caused very late check-ins by others. Hotel restaurant had a buffet on the weekend. Understandable with that many people. Tough to keep everything clean and orderly with the onslaught of kids and partiers.
Some parts of the hotel seemed dated. Some in our group were in an older section - smaller bathrooms, etc.
Our room was far away from most of the maddening crowd. Rooms were neat and clean, although the humidity outside and inside made the carpets a little sticky. Beds were as comfortable as any we have slept on. Very, very good! Thank god the bar was fully functional. Had a nice tme conversing with Dave, one of the bartenders. Very friendly!
Overall, under the conditions, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. They did go out of their way to make this as nice and comfortable as they could. Think twice before scheduling a holiday weekend, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel is the pits! We asked for extra pillows that never arrived. Our room, the hallway, the hotel had a smell of rotten food throughout it, foul odor...except for our second night, it had the smell of pot throughout the hallways and even in our two rooms. There was food and bottles from morning to night in the hallways. And we were booked into a block of rooms that was held for a fraternity/sorority group that arrived the second night, mind you they put is there for two nights, if they knew a frat/sor was coming why book a family into that atmosphere. They were in the hallways the second night until 4:30am, playing pin the tail on the donkey, drinking, screaming, doing cartwheels, other hotel guests were screaming be quiet, foul language constantly, it was a nightmare. The cops did come and break it up, but not until it was morning. The staff was alerted, they have been emailed, Choice International has been called, but nothing was done about our Hell Night with the fraternity/sorority. The lobby is out dated, the rooms are smelly and the air/heating does not work, we had to open windows it was so hot in our rooms, our toilet backed up, GROSS GROSS GROSS.... I wish I had been smart enough to snap some pics, but I was so angry I forgot! Seriously, you have been warned!

Room Tip: Best advice, find another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank T Z

Travellers are raving about these Ronkonkoma hotels

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I travel often and have to stay away from my family. I can't say much about the rooms but what stands out among all the other Hotels is The Member Reception.

Bobbie is the reason I had returned to this Hotel these last two times. She is a wonderful Host that turns this lounge area into a home away from home. Food, drink, TV and wonderful conversation. She recognizes when you want to be left alone, but makes feel at home. She is a wealth of knowledge and everyone there knows her name. Because of her I have multiple new business acquaints.

The restaurant at the Hotel (Bobbie recommend) was pretty good as well.

I'll return again just because of her.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JamesPA413
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

As an airline crew member, I spend a lot of time in hotels. The rooms are pretty average, but clean. The reason I love this hotel though is the Choice members reception in the evenings. It is run by a woman named Bobbie, and it's awesome to sit in the lounge and relax after a long day. Bobbie makes you feel right at home! Without the lounge, this hotel would be unremarkable. I've heard that the hotel is changing ownership, and that's the reason I decided to write a review. I hope they decide to keep the Choice lounge! Keep up the good work Bobbie!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Winslow W
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Words can't describe this hell hole. Rooms are completely disgusting. The smell alone throughout hotel is enough to make you want to vomit. Our first room was covered in mold and was completely uninhabitable. I don't know how this place is not shut down.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Japplebaun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!