“Comfortable and Convenient”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Comfortable and Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Hotel is located near MacArthur airport in Mid Island. Day trip to the Hamptons was relaxed. Another day trip to Montauk easy and both are must sees on long island. Rooms were large and beds were comfortable. Pool was not open due to a maintenance problem. No free breakfast however if you are hungry there is a full breakfast buffet for a price. The gift shop never opened that I noticed (always a sign back in 5 minutes) Convenient shuttle is free to and from the airport. A good place to stay while exploring long island. The Long Island railway is very close by 2 hours to NYC and $36 each way so visiting NYC not a good idea by rail.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vla62

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Salisbury, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We booked the Clarion, Ronkonkoma, NY specifically because it had a pool we could gather around as we were having a family reunion. The pool being open was reconfirmed the day before our arrival and we were assured it was. Upon check in there was a sign saying the pool was closed, "sorry for the inconvenience." All other local hotels had no vacancy so we were essentially forced to stay at this particular Clarion as we had family who had travelled from as far away as North Carolina for this event. In addition to the above the rooms that were booked for us were in the wing of the hotel furthest from the lobby. Lobby staff gave no instructions on where it was best to park in order to bring our bags to the rooms. Moreover there was no elevator in that wing of the hotel so we had to lug suitcases up flights of stairs. My "non-smoking" room smelled like cigarrettes and was hot. I was moved to a different room that had a huge crack in the window. The ice-makers worked poorly, the courtyard needed mowing and several room key-cards did not work and needed to be re-issued. No refrigerator in our room and for those who did have a refrigerator there was a sign on them that said "this is not a refrigerator it is a cooler." A cooler? They were refrigerators just very bad ones. Amazing the level of poor upkeep and indifference to the quality of the hotel by the owners and staff. They know they have you held captive and essentially don't care about the guests experience. I will never stay at a Clarion or any other Choice Hotel again and will advise all family and friends to do the same.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Steven C

Travellers are raving about these Ronkonkoma hotels

Boynton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was on Long Island from Florida for two weeks visiting family and friends. I chose the Clarion because it is near the airport and rooms at other hotels were scarce and quite expensive, although this was not cheap either. The room was clean and the staff was courteous and professional. The building is worn and has seen better days. The laundromat was out of order. I thought the free breakfast buffet was barely palatable. After three days, I went elsewhere and paid for breakfast. Housekeeping only gave me decaf coffee bags until I went to the front desk and asked for Regular.My room key did not open the outside door closest to my room and kept getting demagnetized. My Do Not Disturb sign kept disappearing until I finally etched my room number into it. I did not try the pool or exercise room, so I can't comment on those. My bill was substantial, considering the quality of service provided. I will not return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I needed a place to stay for a wedding and gave Clarion a try. For the price, it was very disappointing. We had a bad feeling starting at check-in; there was a long wait and the front desk staff was unfriendly. Our room was a long walk from the lobby and if I hadn't been w/ my husband, I would have been nervous to take this walk after dark. Doors were open to the outside all over. There were signs everywhere saying "out of order" including the pool which was one of the reasons that we decided to stay here. The room itself was ok but as others mention the stale smell was terrible. I regret choosing to stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel while attending a friend's wedding reception. The rooms are clean and the room we stayed in was roomy. Bed was comfortable; hotel satisfied my needs. Overall, this hotel certainly served its purpose as a one-night stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonathon L
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at there for a local baseball tournament. While we were their, the pool had to be drained for some significant issues they were having, card key access doors into the rooms area were broken, ice machines didn't work, the place was dirty and friends walked into non-smoking rooms smelling of smoke and "cleaned" rooms that were filthy. Short version is you couldn't pay me to stay there again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else