“Horrible!”
Review of Roscoe Motel

Roscoe Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roscoe
Roscoe Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Roscoe
“Horrible!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The rooms smelled horrible and even though there is a river behind it you can fishing and swimming anywhere in roscoe. It is not worth staying there. The beds had a lot of bugs and the mattresses were water logged I will never go there again.

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank none321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
albany ny
Reviewed 24 May 2013

last week my husband,son and me spent 4 wonderful days at Roscoe Motel. Bed were comfortable,tv worked well,refrigerator keep drinks cold and owner placed new microwave in the room. room was clean and we had enough towels.enjoyed being in town over the weekend. we attended a nice church dinner on sat. and a community breakfast sunday morning.

Room Tip: room overlooking beaverkill nice
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank maryfemia
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I come to the roscoe area one weekend a year to work and always have a hard time finding a place to stay for a single woman.
being conned into staying in this overpriced dump has not made it any easier.
I say conned because priceline averaged out the two night stay and by which convinced me that I was paying 75.00 a night .
Actually, I found out when I got here ,that I paid almost 110.00 with the taxes for one person for a saturday night. When I balked, The young girl behind the counter said "However if I had called the motel directly I would have paid 70.00!" Ha! Then she added " there is nothing we can do because you booked on the internet"
Somebody please give me my money back!
The room smells like pesticides. When I complained,The owner gave me no viable option . The other room she showed me reaked of mildew and mold. I hope I dont get sick.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank susansonamission
Wyckoff
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I don't know where to start. Even with the windows open the mold smell was terrible; fresh water stains were evident on the ceiling. The bed was like sleeping on a piece of plywood.
The bathroom was old and both the sink and shower faucets leaked. The "free breakfast" started at 7:30 am, we left at 6:30 am. The pool had been filled in and was now a vegatable garden. Avoid this place!!!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel in the area to stay in!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Steven T
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The owners were very nice and helpful. Clean rooms and enjoyed the sound of river flowing right from our room. River is literally behind the motel, wherein you could fish and one could sit outside, unwind and enjoy the beautiful view with hills around. Provides a relaxing atmosphere for a getaway weekend! Would recommend highly.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Atul p
Bristol UK
Reviewed 1 July 2012

stayed for one night with my wife,room was clean and tidy but shabby and showing it's age ,was a bit like staying in a motel in the 50's ,no coffee maker but there was a fridge (froze my beer!) and a microwave,coffee available in reception ,staff courteous and helpful but money really needs to be spent here to warrant the expensive, for a motel, cost ,there us however the Junction pool just outside and terrific fishing ,it may be better to market this for fishermen rather than families and couples ,my wife suffered it I loved the position but not the price and accommodation - over priced I think

Room Tip: room 14 was ok
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RonHBristolUK
albany ny
Reviewed 7 June 2012

.. The rooms are clean and the owners are nice..we have stayed at this motel for severel years.my husband son enjoy fishing at the junction and in the beaverkill. I enjoy reading and relaxing by the beaverkill.There are severel nice restaurants nearby so we enjoy family dinners after fishing.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the beaverkill
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank maryfemia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roscoe
Best Western Monticello
The Inn at Starlight Lake
The Inn at Starlight Lake
#2 of 2 in Starlight
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center

Been to Roscoe Motel? Share your experiences!