1850 House Inn & Tavern
US$65
TripAdvisor
Priceline
The Rhinecliff(Rhinecliff)
All reviewshudson valleyrail trailtrailways busevery amenityfirst floorcommon areassitting areaour home away from homestay there againrecently stayed heresmall hotelnice breakfastspent nightschecking outeach morningfdr homeculinary institute of america
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We loved this romantic little Inn. Set in the center of Rosendale. Wonderful beds and a flat screen tv. Excellent
breakfast and many places to just sit and relax. Super clean and well thought out furnishings. A late beverage can be had at the intimate little bar downstairs from our room. We will return here!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had made a long weekend reservation at 1850 but had to cancel last minute due to work commitments (no hassle with cancellation at all), when we decided we should take a short break anyways and called to make a last minute res - the front desk was very helpful and was able to waive the minimum stay for us. The Inn itself is very cute, the rooms are on the small side but smartly decorated, we had a high floor room with views of the river in the back. You do get a bit of noise from the old house, but that comes with the territory.
The breakfast was plentiful and served in the living room downstairs, and Rosendale is very close to New Paltz (15-20 min drive) where you can find quite a few good restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank qls200
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have never had to give a negative review based on credit card and cancellation issues, but in this case I feel I truly must. I am a frequent traveler. I secured a room, and later sent a note cancelling this room, a full two weeks prior. I received a call the night before, basically they had not processed my cancellation AND THEY CHARGED MY CARD per the policy. No attempt to resolve the issue. I'm sure no research and no accountability on their side. Again, I am a very frequent traveler and I know the ins and outs. GO ELSEWHERE.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank SavannahLady2010
Amy S, Manager at 1850 House Inn & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

We understand that cancellations occur and have, therefore, created a fair and reasonable cancellation policy outlined on our website and confirmation letters. There are a couple of methods available to our guests who need to change or cancel a reservation. We always prefer that our guests call us directly so that we can have a dialog with them regarding their change of plans; however, we realize that there is not always time to do so and guests can also cancel by emailing us. These are the only two methods to cancel a reservation, and we have constant access to both methods.  Our reservations software does not permit online cancellations. There is a staff member here at all times to answer the phone and/or respond to voice mails and we receive emails immediately, either by our office computer or on our cell phones, thus limiting any opportunities to miss a communication from guests.

As soon as a cancellation is received a confirmation email is sent to confirm that the guest is canceling, any conversation that we have had and outlining next steps. We will then do our best to re-book the room, to limit the guests commitment as well. We contacted you the night of your intended arrival because we were unaware of your change of plans.  A thorough search was conducted and we truly did not receive a note from you indicating your cancellation nor was a confirmation of cancellation sent.  As seasoned travelers, guests should always expect a confirmation of their cancellation to ensure that accountability is upheld on both ends and to limit any miscommunications. As our follow up call was not returned and we were able to rebook the second night of the stay, we limited the damage of the empty room nights as much as possible.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights and had an amazing time. The hotel was lovely and clean, and the staff was fantastic. We didn't have specific plans before we arrived, but the owner definitely helped us find the right activities. Breakfast was great too. The stay was so good I had to write this review. Thanks for a great time Mike!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Amy, the innkeeper, patiently guided me to the hotel (I don't have a gps and get lost easily)--and although I arrived late she was there to greet me and make sure that I got comfortably situated. The hotel is beautifully renovated and suits the charm of the town. Good places to eat nearby and they provide a nice hot breakfast. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo