“Fantastic meal, great ambience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Limani

Limani
Reserve with OpenTable
Limani is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Roslyn
Price range: US$35 - US$45
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mineola Avenue
Transit: Manhassett or Roslyn stop on the Long Island Railroad
Munich, Germany
“Fantastic meal, great ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Went there for a business dinner with a group of executives from Europe and the US. Everybody loved it. The food was really fantatsic. Would definitely recommend to anyone who is travelling in the area and is looking for a fabulous meal.

• Visited March 2014

East Meadow, New York
“Day after Valentine's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had a reservation for two for 7:30 pm on a snowy Saturday evening and had no problem obtaining this reservation. Limani called to verify it a few hours before, which was comforting.

Upon arrival we had to use their valet service, no choice.

We were promptly taken to a small, rear room, quietly lit, with a candle on the table.
The waiter was very available, effiicient and professional, but not friendly (no smile, monotonic tone).
The Lobster Bisque was filled with large amounts of lobster, creamy and good, though on the salty side (I'm sensitive to salt so I may be biased but, still, I've had better at fine restaurants).
The water was filled continuously.
The rolls were excellent but the spread, a mixture of two choices, though equally excellent, was too small for the amount of bread given.
The Spanakorizo appetizer (Fresh spinach and rice with onion, dill and olive oil) was of large proportion and very tasty.
The Royal Dorado fish was delicate, flavorful, cooked perfectly and excellent.
The Cauliflower, though described on the menu as a mixture of "Yellow, purple, green and white", came only in its white variety. When asked, the waiter explained that that was all they had left, with no prior explanation upon ordering. I was disappointed as my main reason for ordering it was its many varieties which I wanted to try.
The dessert, Chocolatina, described as warm chocolate soufflé served with roasted figs and fig ice cream was excellent, especially if you like chocolate.

My main complaint was with the noise level which, despite the fact that we were situated in a side room, entered our room from the main section in such a way as to cause us to have to talk loudly, repeating ourselves often. The music, accompanied by a loud thumping of drums, continued throughout our meal, which took about an hour.

• Visited February 2014
Williston pk., New York
“Great Resturant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

We have had dinner here a few times and each time the service,quality of the food and the ambiance has been terrific!!
We have tried a number of the apps and dinner entrees and none have disappointed.
As a tea drinker, I was vert pleasantly surprized . They had brewed the tea and served it piping hot.

• Visited February 2014
New York
“Good food but way overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Party of 11 - twocsisterscand a brother with spouses (I was one of the spouses) with our children (my 21 year old daughter, three nieces 19, 15 & 11, one nephew 16 - he ate spots and bread).

We got together for two happy occasion (my birthday and nieces dinner before going back to college and a loss in the family - out of state)

First about the restaurant- beautiful decor but so loud we were shouting the entire meal. The wait staff was very attentive but the main waiter was a bit pushy for my tastebuds. Bread seemed to be at a premium. Drink orders were taken and all of age ordered. My daughter ordered a special martini and the waiter wanted her to have a bay breeze for some reason. My daughter being new to drinking gave in and changed her order. All the drinks were brought out except for mine for some reason - the waiter disappeared and my drink came out about 5 minutes later - not the end of the world but annoying. I guess getting Belvedere neat was an issue.

The waiter seemed to want to order our appys for the table but we had some allergy and preference issues so we ordered. All the appys were very good. The were out of halibut (which one sister in law wanted but she found something else to order. One brother in law and I ordered sesame crusted tuna black and blue, my wife,daughter and niece ordered lamb chops medium rare. Other brother in law ordered filet mignon and split with his youngest. My other sister in law ordered attic char and split it with her oldest daughter. My sister in law who wanted the halibut ordered swordfish. Again my nephew ate bread. A long wait between appys and dinner. Entrees came and most was good except one lamb chop of my wife's was almost raw. Then we had six paid desserts a few coffees and cappuccinos and a few dissertation the house.

Bill came and was just under $1000.00. I was good food, good service. IMHO,no where near a meal at that price.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City
“Upscale Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Wonderful food and service with ambiance to boot. Try their early bird specials. Valet parking is available.

Visited August 2013