“Very Disappointed”
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Reserve with OpenTable
Thyme is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Roslyn
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roslyn Rd./Main St.
Transit: Thyme Restaurant is within walking distance to the Roslyn Train Station, via the LIRR.
Description: Our harmonious approach to cooking embraces wholesome ingredients, diligence and care in preparation. The finest and freshest ingredients make the difference at Thyme. We work closely with local farms and purveyors whenever seasonally possible. Spectacular presentation is also an essential part of the Thyme experience. Menus embrace the essence of the seasons in both flavor and color. We strive to create a dining experience that is similar to a night out with your closest friends; warm, engaging and pleasing to all the senses.
Plainview, New York, United States
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Very very disappointed. After eating many times at this restaurant and enjoying the food very very much, I ordered my Thanksgiving meal with anticipation of a wonderful dinner. When we carved the turkey after following the heating instructions, the turkey was pink inside and we were all not comfortable eating it. When I shared this information with Pat the catering manager she insisted that I did not follow the heating instructions. This obviously was not what I would have expected from a restaurant of this quality. This was no way to respond to a very disappointed customer who entertained a houseful of company without a turkey.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jody P

NYC
“Lovely Colonial American Restaurant for Brunch, Lunch, Dinner or Drinks”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had brunch here with a friend. The restaurant is on a beautiful pond. It was peak season for Fall leaves. The view was just beautiful. It is decorated in early American style with tapestry covered benches, wooden floors, an windows overlooking the pond.

We started with the included drink: a mimosa, bellini or Bloody Mary. The bellini was delicious, just the right mixture of peach nectar and champagne. Our entrees were eggs Benedict (perfectly cooked) and a cheese souffle (2 small souffles served with a salad of apples, greens, and goat cheese.)

It was a lovely experience. The service was excellent. There is a very nice bar if you prefer to go for drinks and and large upstairs room for dinner or private events.

A limitation of the restaurant are the upstairs restrooms that not handicapped accessible.Parking is on the street.

• Visited November 2013
glen head
“Great food and service, NOT gluten free as advertised”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

When I made the reservation I asked about gluten free items since I have celiac disease . I was told that they had a " FULL GLUTEN FREE MENU"

The duck breast appetizer and pan roasted chicken were both outstanding. I asked for GF bread with my dinner, they had none. At desert I asked what was gluten free "there was nothing" "I can offer you a fruit plate". It was attractive but both cantaloup and honeydew melon were past their prime.

Don't say you have a "full gluten free menu" when you dont....

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank elizabeth z
malujerry
“not worth it”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

been here twice for brunch. food is good but service is poor. both times there was something not available from menu. worst part was we found the hostess to be rude, she basically rushed us by having the staff clear items asap and handing over the bill before even asking if we wanted more drinks or desserts.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank malujerry
Laurelton NY
“Definitely worth a try.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I thought the ambiance, and the food was extremely good. Menu is very diverse and the service was really good. I had the short ribs with the polenta and it was really well prepared. I would recommend this place highly. View is beautiful and even better if you can sit outside.

• Visited October 2013