“Good Greek Food in Long Island Bar”
Review of MP Taverna

MP Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
MP Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Roslyn
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: MP Taverna is located in Roslyn. We serve Greek cuisine.
New York City, New York
“Good Greek Food in Long Island Bar”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Food comparable to good Greek Restaurant, service spotty. Atmosphere has very little feeling of a Greek Taverna. Go for the food. Has nice outdoor veranda when weather is good. Reccomend the mixed spread appetizers and lamb meat balls. Fish entres and paella dish were very good. Baklava Napoleon nice ending.

New York City, New York
“Really good food”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Finally I discovered MP Taverna. Really good food is on Long Island. Inventive appetizers, fresh fish and appealing sides. Comfortable seating if you are not stuck under the AC vent. Good service.

Great Neck, New York
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times on a Saturday night with couples, once on a Sunday with my teenage son. The restaurant is very prett and elegantly casual. We always ask to sit upstairs on Saturday nights because downstairs does get noisy by the bar. The bread is delicious to start with. I always order the Branzino , filleted and simply grilled with either the Greek salad or fries ($19). Both are delicious. The fish also comes with sauteed vegetables on top. I have also had the special Rainbow Trout which was also so fresh and delicious. I have not had dessert there, most are Greek desserts and I would rather save the calories for the bread before my meal! The wait staff are always attentive as are the hostesses. We will continue to go to this wonderful restaurant. It was quieter on Sunday night. You must make a reservation well in advance Saturday nights if you are eating prime time. We like to eat early and have never had trouble getting an early reservation around 6 pm a few days before.

Roslyn, New York
“Great Food”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great restaurant with excellent food and service. I know it's a Greek restaurant but a must try are their appetizer of meat balls. They are better then any Italian restaurant that I've eaten in. The fish dishes are excellent and I've haven't had a bad meal there.

• Visited April 2013
Manhasset, New York
“Our favorite Greek restaurant”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The "dips" appetizer is very good and varied but very filling, so pace yourself. The octopus app was very tender. Lamb shank with orzo, with a side of swiss chard was cooked perfectly. The paella with orzo was also delicious. The hamburger was pink, just like we asked for. Victoria, our server, was wonderful. We're just trying to figure out our next reason for going back. Mix grill next time for me.

• Visited April 2013