“Excellent Service and Very Good Food”
Review of Bistro Citron - CLOSED

Bistro Citron
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Bus nearby, LIRR 5 minutes by taxi
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I treated my daughters to a lovely lunch here on a chilly day in March and we all decided it was a good decision to dine here. The restaurant itself is very lovely and if you sit in the back, you overlook a pond. The owner or manager is meticulous in his desire to please the diners and when my daughter asked for something that was on the brunch menu, even though brunch was not being served, he immediately acceded to her request, as it was a salad and could be made at that time , unlike some of the other items on the brunch menu. He made some excellent recommendations and our waitress was excellent as well. I had the crab salad with avocado which was excellent and my daughters had a salad as well and they reported that the enjoyed it immensely. I have actually attended a baby shower luncheon here which was also excellent.

Do not hesitate to dine at this restaurant in Roslyn. It has both ambience and good food. As an aside, the manager mentioned that the onion soup is better than soup one can get in France. He told us he travels to Europe to continuously improve the Bistro's offerings, so on his recommendation, next time I will order the onion soup.

1  Thank travelovernewyork

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is one of the best restaurants in the Roslyn, NY - Long Island area. Set on the beautiful, historic Main Street and overlooking Roslyn's park and pond (although not many tables have a view), the food is truly excellent, the service and comfort of the dining room only very good.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I will first say that except for an occasional piece of fish I do not eat meat. My mother wanted to go here though as she likes their onion soup which she swears is first rate. I started with a caeser salad which I honestly wasn't impressed with, way too much cheese dumped on top and not much else. My companion had the house fries which were ok but not really special. Mom had muscles which came in a huge pot. She was happy, there are a good variety of sauces to go with them. I had sole meuniere which was actually quite good but I'm not convinced it was sole. The fish was a bit too thick and the texture was not what i consider sole. It came with haricot vert and roasted potatoes which were very good, not overcooked. My companion had a caeser for his main course and again, it was chock full of cheese but looked like it was half the size of my portion. Bread was good, service was excellent but food was decent but in my mind expensive for what it was. $19 for a sirloin burger and $18 for mac and cheese.... For the three of us, 2 salads, one soup, one order of fries, one fish course and one pot of muscles and one glass of wine with tax and tip was $115.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

A great evening with great food. I had the best steak au poivre I've ever eaten. There was an excellent salmon dish and chicken and the Paella for two was not finished there was so much…great atmosphere, not rushed and left happy and full.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We have frequented this restaurant many times in the past. The food has always been quite good, as it was last night. However, the service was really off last night for us. Usually the wait staff is attentive but not obtrusive but last night, they definitely were not up to par. We sat for quite a while until we finally asked a busboy to find our waiter. This would not keep us from going back again but if we have a similar experience again, we might have to think twice about going back. Food good-service not up to snuff!