“great food and pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Trattoria Diane

Trattoria Diane
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Diane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 39 Restaurants in Roslyn
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Skillman St.
Transit: Five minutes from the Roslyn train station, 10 minutes from the Portwashington and Manhasset train stations.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I wanted to contribute this review since I recently went to twice.
Both times, the food was excellent . Among our dinners, we had the veal milanese, pot roast and veal shank. The food was delicious and beautifully prepared. The wait staff was polite and very accommodating. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. And the prices were fair.
They are known for their deserts!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Trattoria Diane has been a favorite of my family since it opened ... The food has always been superb, the ambiance laid back and the service very good. John and Diane recently expanded the restaurant by opening up an outdoor dining addition attached to the restaurant.
We dined at the new outdoor dining venue and were absolutely enchanted by sitting under the stars on a mild summer night. The new wooden deck well laid out, roomy and filled with moonlight , stars, and greenery. The food as always was excellent!
We sampled some of Diane's specialty selections : Fried Zucchini Blossom- beautiful in appearance and even better to eat. A vegetable risotto made with wild mushrooms, Parmesan and Thyme.
We also sampled their new Chicken under a brick- a moist and delicious chicken dish, which has quickly become a house favorite. For our fish selection we tried Pan Seared Diver Scallops extra large round Scallops with roasted corn, mushrooms and tomatoes. Beautifully plated, and
absolutely delicious.
For dessert we tried an assortment of Diane's renowned pastries including their famed brownies, and three berrie pie with vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce.
An amazing, romantic evening with wonderful food. It just doesn't get any better.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We had one app of squash blossoms filled with goat cheese with a marinara sauce. They loved it.
Also awesome was the seafood and avocado salad. We shared a Caesar salad, which was average. My brother and I had the monkfish, served with spinach and roasted cauliflower and a sweet and sour sauce. I had the sauce on the side and didn't use it. The fish and veg were very good, but the fish was breaded. My partner had a Tuscan pot roast, another average dish. One had the mushroom risotto, very good. Our other dinner asked for a simple chicken, which they make special for her. For dessert, we had a frozen cappuccino with warm cinnamon donuts...awesome! Also ordered chocolate ice cream, was great and came with a waffle cone chip. I'd go back.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

This is a hide-a -way in the old town. The food is very good and has a special Italian flare. The bread basket is great, because they own and run a bakery next door. Order dessert!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

What used to be a great restaurant has become unsatisfactory. When I called the restaurant I was told that the "restaurant week" prix fix special would still be offered for my 7:15 downstairs reservation on Saturday evening, May 4th. We were a party of four. When we arrived we were told that we had to sit upstairs. The hostess placed us at the last table by the kitchen door. I asked to move to the front, but she that that every table was reserved. There were many open! After speaking to the Maitre'd, we were moved to a pleasant table in the front. When we received the regular menu, we were told that the special menu was not offered after 7:00pm. Why was I told differently the day before?? Beet salad was average, and the Lamb Shank just ok. My husband ordered vanilla ice cream for dessert--terrible. It tasted like it could have been Pathmark's own Brand. I told the waiter that it was not good and he simply shrugged his shoulders and walked away! After paying the bill, (including the ice cream, he did NOT remove it) we had to wait 20 minutes to get our valeted car. Many diners were leaving at once, and there was only one person taking care of vehicles. This was undoubtedly the last time that we will go to Diane's!