“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria Diane

Trattoria Diane
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Diane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 38 Restaurants in Roslyn
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Skillman St.
Transit: Five minutes from the Roslyn train station, 10 minutes from the Portwashington and Manhasset train stations.
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

So looked forward to eating here. Sooooo very disappointed. My husbands pork chop was dry and over done. My tuna was dry and not anywhere near rare. Duse for my husband was a cold salad with sweet potato???? Mine was forgettable. 1st course nothing special. Dessert was just ok! We won't be going back. Sorry Diane!

“Three Berry Pie!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I dinned here last night with my boyfriend for valentines day. It was both of our first times here.

Let me start off by saying that I read the reviews of this place prior to coming, and I saw quite a few negative reviews. It almost made me cancel my reservation here. But let me tell you. I'm glad I didn't listen to those bad reviews!! This place was amazing.

The atmosphere is to die for, gorgeous and romantic. We arrived (late) for our 6:45 reservation and they took us to our table right away. I appreciate them not holding it against us that we were late. I also appreciate them not giving our table away. This place was packed!!! It's a 2 floor and every table was taken.

I ordered the French martini ( good but a little small for the price ) , and the salmon with lentils and spinach, my boyfriend ordered an absolute martini and the pot roast. We both loved our meals. The salmon was delicious! And my boyfriend was basically licking his plate clean on the pot roast.

For dessert we got 2 Irish coffees and a slice of the three berry pie to split. THIS PIE WAS PHENOMENAL. I don't even like pie. But this was the best pie I've had in my life. You have to get it if you come!!

They ended the meal by giving my a pack of heart shaped cookies to take home (a nice touch) I will be back soon!

Bellmore, New York
“great food with arrogant service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Although quite impressed with the food, the service left something to be desired. We started with an avocado seafood salad which was divine. We noticed the service to feel arrogant and pompous but did not let it interfere with a nice evening out in a beautiful setting. When we received our main course, I loved my monkfish with spinach and roasted cauliflower. However, my dining companion felt her carobona was inedible due to entirely too much salt. Our waiter lectured my friend that she essentially didn't know what she was talking about. He then called over the manager who, although he offered to replace her dish, also was condescending and pedantic. The service ruined an excellent meal.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“great food and pleasant atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I wanted to contribute this review since I recently went to twice.
Both times, the food was excellent . Among our dinners, we had the veal milanese, pot roast and veal shank. The food was delicious and beautifully prepared. The wait staff was polite and very accommodating. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. And the prices were fair.
PS
They are known for their deserts!

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“The Moon, the stars, and the magic of Trattoria Diane outdoor dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Trattoria Diane has been a favorite of my family since it opened ... The food has always been superb, the ambiance laid back and the service very good. John and Diane recently expanded the restaurant by opening up an outdoor dining addition attached to the restaurant.
We dined at the new outdoor dining venue and were absolutely enchanted by sitting under the stars on a mild summer night. The new wooden deck well laid out, roomy and filled with moonlight , stars, and greenery. The food as always was excellent!
We sampled some of Diane's specialty selections : Fried Zucchini Blossom- beautiful in appearance and even better to eat. A vegetable risotto made with wild mushrooms, Parmesan and Thyme.
We also sampled their new Chicken under a brick- a moist and delicious chicken dish, which has quickly become a house favorite. For our fish selection we tried Pan Seared Diver Scallops extra large round Scallops with roasted corn, mushrooms and tomatoes. Beautifully plated, and
absolutely delicious.
For dessert we tried an assortment of Diane's renowned pastries including their famed brownies, and three berrie pie with vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce.
An amazing, romantic evening with wonderful food. It just doesn't get any better.

• Visited August 2013