“Close walk from the hotel”
Review of Hendrick's Tavern

Hendrick's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Hendrick's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Roslyn
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: New Restaurant
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Food was good but a little over priced. The bar is obviously a "meeting place" if that is what you are looking for.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We went with a group of friends (eight of us) to celebrate a special occasion. The menu had variety, beef, chicken, seafood, but the dishes themselves were very good but not great. We all felt that the food was prepared well but lacked creativity. The prices were consistent with fine dining on Long Island so you would expect the entrees to be more exciting. We had a great time but would have preferred a more exciting meal.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Some restaurants you want to experience while others you will be a repeat customer. Hendricks is that restaurant you will keep coming back to. So when friends took me here for my birthday celebration, I immediately discovered why they are regulars. While we waited for our friends to arrive, we were invited to have drinks at the bar, however we opted for a cozy seating area, which was lovely. Upon being seated, we felt the warmth over our waiter, and you immediately knew his knowledge of food and dedication to excellent service meant we would have a great evening. The bread service had many options. I started with the crab cake which was full a our crab and delicious. I shared my friends kale salad (the special) which was fresh and wonderful. We each had different entrees, from steak to seafood and we were all delighted. The macaroni and cheese as a side was baked in a cast iron skillet and aside from my own macaroni and cheese, this was wonderful. For dessert we shared the key lime pie and the coconut layer cake. The food was upscale but with a hint of home. I would say overall that was my feel for Hendricks. From the décor, to service, to food, it was upscale dining but you felt at home. Lovely for a night out.

1  Thank MyOyster5
Reviewed 3 June 2014

You can't go wrong ordering anything here. Meat, seafood, appetizers, it's all good. Servers are knowledgable and attentive.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The bartenders and wait staff are great. Food always delicious and prepared the way you request. It's definitely busy on the weekends but if you don't mind the crowds it's worth it. I suggest you make a reservation.