“Great Steaks”

Bryant & Cooper Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bryant & Cooper Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Roslyn
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Bryant & Cooper opened in 1986 with big ambitions: to bring the top tier New York City "steak house experience" to Long Island. Not only would the very finest quality, hand picked prime aged steaks be served, but an ambiance would be created that makes everyone feel like they are part of a special private club. For membership...just make a reservation. Founded by the three Poll brothers with two generations of restaurant ownership experience, Gillis, Dean and George learned at an early age that the secret of a great restaurant was to start with serving the very best. That is why the steaks, chops and jumbo lobsters are selected on a daily basis, and only the freshest side dishes find their way to a plate served at Bryant & Cooper. Over the years Bryant & Cooper has received superlative reviews for its entire menu. The New York Times has proclaimed it the "best steak house on Long Island."
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This restaurant should be simple called "Great Steaks". I go there twice a month and any of the steaks I order have been cooked to perfection. They also have a nice bar, choices of different Vodka's and the wine list is endless. I guess classy is the way I would describe the decor.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The food was ok but the staff is not very helpful. I would not go back especially when there are so many other, better steak houses in the area.

2  Thank vishty
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to try out a different steak house. I googled Steak House Long Island and this was ranked #2 on this list.

My first impression was that it was a very cute cottege that was turned into a resturant. Once stepping in, it was a completly different environement.

We were greeted by a very friendly host that sat us down right away (we made dinner reservations). The waiter was very friendly. We didn't feel like we were out of our enviroment like some other steak houses we've gone to.

The food was delious! We shared the porter house steak for 2. The prices were reasonable. The sides were amazing. We ordered a half size of the fried combo (potatoe chips and thin onion rings).

When making the reservations, I had said it was a birthday celebration. When the dessert arrived, we were sang happy birthday by 3 waiters. No one asked whose birthday it was so the birthday candle was placed in the middle of both of us.

The only thing negative I can say about this place was I witnessed an elder gentleman (maybe a manger) yelling at another hotst, while he was seating customers. Felt a little embarassed for the host.

This place welcomed small children. Although it did not say it on the menu, they do offer a kids meal.

I will definitly come back here again. I loved the steak. I loved the over all atmosphere.

Most highly recommend making reservations. We witnessed this place get so pack so fast. Parking is valet. But, at least the guys were nice.

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Steaks are consistently excellent both in the restaurant & from the but her shop. Can't go wrong with lobster either. Have been going for more than 25 yrs & have yet to be disappointed. Reservations are usually a must.

1  Thank Robbyleerose
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The last time we went, the steaks were overcooked. Medium rare was more like well done (in a steakhouse?). Pricey and not worth it. You're better off driving the extra few miles to Peter Luger's.

1  Thank Jeff W