“Great seafood”
Review of Jolly Fisherman

Jolly Fisherman
Reserve with OpenTable
Jolly Fisherman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Roslyn
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The finest, freshest Seafood and Steaks on Long Island. Tables overlook Silver Lake in our magnificent newly decorated Terrace or are cozy near the fire in our intimate Fireplace Room. We have been a Roslyn Tradition since 1957. Private rooms for parties accommodate small to large groups for all occasions.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had only ever walked in here years ago and saw the age of the crowd and decor was not for me. I recently heard good things and decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised to see updated decor a nice mix of ages in the restaurant and delicious food. The wait staff were good and menu choices were expansive.

3  Thank Jodi Z

Reviewed 10 May 2014

When I left Long Island 44 years ago, I took my husband back for a nostalgia trip. My parents had taken me to the Jolly Fisherman when we had something to celebrate and seems that is still a big part of their clientele. A couple of birthdays at tables around us. Large portions and tasty food. The best was the waitress who after we ordered a whole lot of appetizers and entree, when we got through the appetizers, suggested that we may have ordered too much food as she saw we were slowing down and took the entrees off the bill and stopped the order. She purposefully chanced getting a lower tip due to the smaller bill and we appreciated it so gave her the tip on what we would have paid. That is service!

1  Thank IPSAdvisor
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I went to the Jolly Fisherman today for lunch. We walked inside to see about fifteen people -- mostly elderly -- just sitting around waiting for a table. We stood in the middle of the restaurant's entryway and waited for someone to greet us. We waited....and waited....in the meantime, three people who worked in the restaurant walked by. Not one of them said ANYTHING to us or the other people waiting in the entry. We waited longer, having remembered a pleasant dinner at this restaurant years before. We waited some more, hoping that the food was worth the wait. After about twenty or more minutes, an unkempt youngish woman came to the desk and just looked at us (just in case you were wondering, we were casually but appropriately dressed). My husband asked if there was any availability, to which she snapped, "Well, I won't have anything for a least a half hour!" We just looked at each other and walked out.

4  Thank triniyankee
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I usually go there for the broiled lobster which we consider is the best around. The whole pre-dinner with the rolls salad and relish tray are great.
Also, if you want fish prepared the classic way baked , broiled etc. this is the place.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a very fine establishment. It is spacious, clean and well decorated. When you arrive you are greeted very graciously by the hostess. They have a great seafood menu but they also carry meat dishes, they have great selection of side dishes however there are no daily specials. There soups are great. The potions are good and the prices are moderate give the quality of the food. They have a fantastic desert menu and the wine list is good.

The servers are polite and knowledge about the menu and they are very attentive and professional in appearance. I strongly recommend you stop by.

1  Thank Michael M