“Great experience for our wedding block”
Review of The Roslyn Hotel

The Roslyn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Roslyn
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We got married in July and used the Roslyn-Claremont as our hotel for the weekend. I stayed there the night before our wedding and got ready there during the day. Everything went smoothly. The staff at the front desk was so helpful and told me that their job was to make my day stress-free, and they did.
Katie was wonderful to work with throughout the months of planning and trying to make sure we had enough rooms for our guests but didn't block too many because there is an 80% guarantee rate. Any time I needed to increase it she called or emailed me back immediately and helped me figure out the best plan. She also made sure that we had the best rooms for what we needed, so I changed rooms before leaving for my wedding ceremony from the big room where we got ready to a suite for my husband and me. I was worried that it would be stressful to take care of that, but I didn't have to do anything. The staff moved all of my stuff for me and when we got to our new room that night a bottle of champagne and chocolates was waiting for us, and all of our stuff was neatly organized.
We also had our after party here after the wedding. The food was great and Max took care of everything for us. He just kept saying that we don't need to worry about anything and that he'd take care of it, and he did. We showed up to a great display of food and a big room for our guests to hang out. The only thing we didn't realize was how expensive the drinks would be at the after-party. We had a cash bar and felt a little bad that our guests were paying so much for drinks, but that's really the only negative thing I can say.
We didn't pay for breakfast for our guests the morning after, but we were pleasantly surprised to see that there was a free breakfast buffet, and not a chintzy continental breakfast. Eggs, pancakes, hash browns, danishes, muffins, bagels, croissants, etc.
One other great thing, there is a free massage chair on the second floor. It was well-needed the morning of my wedding after months of planning.
Overall, if you are looking to use this hotel as a wedding block, it is one of the only hotels in the area, but it's totally ok that there's not much of a choice because your decision will be easy and you will be completely happy with the experience. Thank you Katie and Max and the rest of the Roslyn-Claremont staff!

There are newer reviews for The Roslyn Hotel

Reviewed 23 July 2012

My son recently got married at a nearby site and we used the Roslyn Claremont for both local and out-of-town guests. Max Tosson, the catering manager, was wonderful to work with. We had the after-party and breakfast at the hotel. As soon as our guests arrived at the after-party, everything was ready and waiting. Max had great suggestions as far as what to offer and how to execute it all. We were free to stay as late as we wanted (4am) with absolutely no pressure to end things, even with just a few stragglers at the end.

Breakfast the next morning, was again, perfect. Beautifully served, good breakfast fare, and great coffee! The servers were very helpful, couldn't do enough for our guests.

This was a great, stress-free part of the wedding planning process. I would highly recommend the Roslyn Claremont Hotel and Max Tosson.

1  Thank Lisa B
ROSLYNMGR, Front Office Manager at The Roslyn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Dear Lisa B,

Your comment and feedback truly inspired our staff. The kind words are great to hear when our staff provides excellent service.Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I recently moved to NY from Ohio and decided to plan a wedding away from home in NY. Since this was a destination wedding, the hotel we chose was very important for us, as every guest would need a place to stay. Katie at the Roslyn Claremont has been MORE than accommodating and helpful during the booking process. Any question I had, there was an immediate answer from her the same day or beginning of the next day. Katie was more than willing to help with finding individual rooms and make the bookings seamless for our guests, and myself!! I can't praise this place enough for all of their help. The experience has been so positive and we haven't even had the wedding yet!! More reviews to come post-wedding :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear SweetEsBakerE,

Thank you for having your wedding party stay with us at the Roslyn Hotel. Your comments reflect the type of service we try to provide daily. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

This hotel has affairs every weekend night and the noise travels up all 3 floors. My cousin on the second floor and I on the third kept getting woken up by outbursts reverberating throughout the building. I never got more than 1 1/2 hours sleep at any time and spent most of the night staring at the ceiling. I didn't call the desk as the amount of noise was clearly audible by the front desk and the size of the party was so filling of the hotel I saw no way to control 200 people.
This 'hotel' is really a retreat for the party and the party revelers. In no way should it be considered a hotel for a good night's sleep.
When I spoke to the desk clerk the next am, he said it happens every weekend night and they sometimes have to call the police. The hotel manager hasn't called me back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Spinner1123
CindyYoung, General Manager at The Roslyn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Although I did see that you gave us high marks on everything, but sleep quality, I am sorry we fell short of your expectations. We are a very busy hotel, and on the weekends we do have weddings and other social groups that stay with us. Normally we do not have noise issues, so I apologize if there was a miscommunication with our Front Desk. I am also sorry you did not call to try to change your room. We would certainly have tried to accommodate you. We have not had any large parties at the hotel in the last month, and if we do host parties they are on the lower level away from the rooms. We also close our bar at 10 pm to prevent noise issues, so I am assuming the noise might have come from people returning from a wedding, and we probably could have found you a quieter room. I do understand the inconvenience of that.
I directly did not receive your message, so I have communicated to my staff the importance of timely responses.
Please call me at the hotel if you would like to speak to me further, and again please accept my apologies for a stay that otherwise would have been very good.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We recently were married at a nearby site and had our out of town wedding guests stay at the Roslyn Claremont. We also held our rehearsal dinner, after party and sunday brunch in the beautiful banquet room. My entire family was very impressed and the RC exceeded our expectations with the set up of the banquet room to the delicious food. It was fantastic and they made the weekend so much easier and stress free for my fiance/wife and I, which is more than we could ask for. The rooms were fantastic, the service was incredible and the staff was so helpful. Everyone was amazing from the bartender to the wait staff. Make sure to deal with Max, Katie and Diana. Max will set you up and really took care of us and our family. From buying fresh challah to making off menu items, he was great. Thank you!! Phil and Michelle

Room Tip: Make sure to talk to max for any event you plan and have guests book early.

Dear Phillip R,

Congratulation on your wedding! We are happy everything went beyond your expectation. Please keep us in mind if you and your family would like to book with us in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I have been staying at the RC for many years. The staff in particular (Jaclyn) is always very helpful in making reservations and restaurant recommendations. Rooms are always very clean and has a convient lobby bar. Would defintely recommend. Can't think of any complaints are negative issues. Lee

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Lee B,

Thank you for the warm comments about our staff members and location. We will pass on your pleasant words to our staff. Thank you again for the recognition and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed at the Roslyn Claremont Hotel for one night to attend a morning graduation at the Tilles Center for the Arts.
On the plus side, the hotel is reasonably priced compared to the few other properties in the area, clean, the rooms are large, they provide free wifi which worked without a hitch, and an adequate continental breakfast. We were able to walk (15 minutes) to an excellent Mexican restaurant (Besito).
The hotel is quite dated, with a look of faded opulence. The staff is friendly but somewhat amateur.
Ask for a room off the road; there is quite a lot of traffic. Although we were assured that it stops at night, we asked that our room be moved to the other side and it was very quiet.
Overall, this hotel is perfectly fine for a brief stopover.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the road.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
CindyYoung, General Manager at The Roslyn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you for visiting us, and taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate feedback.
We are happy you had an overall pleasant experience during your stay. We are in the process of changing the styles of our rooms, so please check back with us in the near future for these exciting changes.

Thank you again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roslyn
Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Holiday Inn Express ROSLYN - MANHASSET AREA

Been to The Roslyn Hotel? Share your experiences!