“Great Location!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Roslyn
Cincinnati
“Great Location!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

It's hard to find a good place to stay in this area of Long Island. The Roslyn hotel is the best experience I've had. It's a small hotel, but the rooms are large and well furnished. The staff is friendly and it has a small workout facility, free WiFi, etc.

But, the biggest advantage is the location. It is a one minute walk from the Roslyn town center. So, you've got good restaurants, stores, a movie theater, drug store, etc. all right next to the hotel. That makes it easy to get out and walk around, find a good place to eat, etc. which makes it a much more pleasant experience than most places I've stayed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the parking lot. The rooms on the front overlook the street and, while q...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed in the hotel on August 17th when we were attending a nearby wedding. We were initially pleased with the hotel. About 2:30 or 3 am some rowdy guests returned to the hotel and a fight broke out. There was yelling and screaming. I tried to call the front desk several times but no one answered the phone - the next morning we were told the employee was trying to break up the fight. Someone called the police and after about an hour of disruption things quieted down. The next morning, many guests were expressing concerns. There was no manager or person with any authority to answer questions. When I returned home to Virginia, I called the hotel. The person answering the phone was not aware of what had transpired. I left a message for the manager and did not receive a response. My mother who also stayed in the hotel that night did finally reach a manager and was told the hotel was not going to do anything to compensate the disrupted guests in anyway. I have stayed in many hotels and have never received such inadequate customer service. The hotel staff should have been very embarrassed about the situation and at least issued an apology and some follow up to its guests. I would not recommend this hotel. I understand that the fight was an isolated incident but the hotels's lack of response is inexcusable.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J M
Twyford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Firstly I would say that I've made allowance for the fact that there was work being done on the hotel. The staff were friendly and the rooms were a good size but everything else had the feeling of "just enough" about it. The decor felt tired, breakfast was basic, internet was slow and the cover on the ironing board kept coming off (although so many hotels don't pay attention to things like this). The shuttle service was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Fipzee
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Friends of mine stayed here. They went to bed at about 10 p.m. At 1:30 a.m. someone opened their door with a key. My friend jumped up and slammed the door. At 3 a..m. the same thing happened. They called the desk, but no one answered. When they were leaving, at 4 a.m. because they decided they had had enough...the desk clerk pretended ignorance and denied the incidents had ever happened. Later in the day, my friend called again..was told they were going to look at the security cameras and see what happened. She was also told that the hotel had tried to call her home and her cell. This was a falsehood. They did however, refund her money. But that is not the issue. Hotel safety is the issue. I can not in good conscience ever recommend the Claremont again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 11bern
CindyYoung, General Manager at The Roslyn Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I had e-mailed you regarding your friend's stay a week ago,but I did want to share what I found.
As security is our top priority we had state of the art RFID electronic locks installed in all our rooms last year. These locks record all activity entering a room. As we did not see anything on our security surveillance cameras, we looked into the activity of the room lock which took us a little longer.
The activity log for the guest's stay shows first access for that day was at 4:49 pm by the guest. It was then accessed by the guest at 8:22 pm and 9:07pm by the guest.
There was no other access to the room until 12:41 pm the next day by housekeeping. I e-mailed you a copy of the log.
We do know money was not the issue, but we refunded the guest in full before looking into the matter. Thank you again for letting us know of your concerns

Travellers are raving about these Roslyn hotels

Cape May, NJ
Reviewed 13 August 2013

It has taken me a while to write this review as I felt that I should calm down first. We had 30 rooms booked for close to a year for my Son's Wedding November 2012. unfortunately, Hurricane Sandy came along and displaced many local residents. At first, when asked if maybe we could have some guests "double up" due to the displaced residents, ,many of whom I was told had severe medical conditions and could not leave i was happy to oblige. The same was asked of another wedding staying at the Hotel, and they agreed also. I was able to free up 3 rooms, and so did the other wedding. On the way to the Church, I was told by the extremely rude new owner that if I din't give up another room right now, some of my guests would be turned out immediately. Some of my guest had driven 5 hours. One of them said that they would be happy to double up, just comp one of the rooms. The owner said "no way". This is when we found out that he had charged a couple $500 the night before when they came in, so obviously they were not that short on rooms. Not very humanitarian if you asked me. Would rather sleep in my car than give him one more dollar.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank CapemaySailor
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2013

It was nice but we won't stay there again. Not memorable or fabulous just nice. The staff made it so. The hotel needs love but the locals seem to like it there for weddings and anniversaries. The breakfast buffet was yucky and I just don't have a better term. It was noisy with wedding revelers til the wee hours of the night. The town itself is quite charming as was our day at Sands Point Preserve and the entire middle neck area as well as the shopping at Americana Manhasset. Mostly window shopping but we did find some deals.

Room Tip: ask for the third floor away from the wedding patrons
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jabmyeyes
cherry hill
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Roslyn Hotel, formerly the Roslyn Claremont. We had a rehearsal dinner there and the food and staff were excellent. They went out of their way to make sure we were happy and were attentive to all of the details. They made sure that all of our needs were met from the food to making sure we got a last minute suite. Thank you Laura and Cindy for making our weekend stay perfect.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank bromberg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roslyn
Holiday Inn Express ROSLYN - MANHASSET AREA
Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn

Been to The Roslyn Hotel? Share your experiences!