“Staff nice, excellent breakfast”
Review of The Roslyn Hotel

The Roslyn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Roslyn
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Staff nice, excellent breakfast”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel staff was vey nice and helpful.

The breakfast is included and was wonderful. The bathroom was spacious and the bath products nice.

The rooms furnishings themselves do not seem quite up to par with most boutique hotels. Although the bed was very comfortable.

The only food a available at night from the hotel itself is a deli sandwich, which was quite good or a salad, which I did not try. But you can order in and there seemed to be a few restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I spent a night here; the room was clean but dingy due to a prison-like slit window looking onto the road outside from where I could here trucks cruising past. Breakfast was fine although allow an extra five minutes to try to get your bagels anywhere warm towards "toasted". I think this hotel does a itself a disservice by calling itself a boutique hotel when there are many real and fantastic boutique hotels in nearby Manhattan.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the road
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
North Bellmore, New York
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed in this boutique hidden gem in Roslyn. Went to a Wedding last night and we came into a well lit secure location. We had breakfast this morning and it was ample with enough of a selection to satisfy the needs of most people. We sat in a large group and no one felt rushed or being rushed out even when the breakfast hours were over. I would certainly recommend this hotel to any one who is visiting on the north shore of Long Island in the Roslyn, Port Washington, Great Neck and Manhasset Area. My family and friends were very happy with the clean appointed rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is down on its luck. Rooms are in shabby condition. Wi-Fi doesn't really work. Most of the time the restaurant isn't serving meals. Some rehab in process but appears to be cosmetic. Staff is inattentive. Stayed multiple times in the last 6 months for business. If there was anywhere else in the neighborhood...Noisy, next to a busy road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Roslyn hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week for 5 nights. I thought that the hotel was very accommodating, and the housekeeping staff was amazing. The head of housekeeping hemmed my sons trousers as we were in a time crunch.

I agree that the hotel could do with an overall remodel, but it is priced according to the standard. It is only 3 stars... There are not many hotels in this area to chose from either. The rooms was fine, beds comfortable. The shower needs an update. But overall very comfortable and well priced.

Room Tip: The king size rooms are better size than double queen, and cheaper.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've stayed at The Roslyn 3 or 4 times over the past 5 years. Every time I've stayed at this hotel I've left disappointed. But after my stay here this past weekend, I can confidently say it will be my last.

First, let me say the good things about the hotel - the location is very convenient and access is very easy. The common areas of the hotel are very nice, and the "Library" bar is very cozy. The halls of the hotel are a beautiful hunter green with brass sconce lighting handsomely decorating the walls. But after that, I can say nothing glowing.

I arrived this past Friday evening, parked, and went to the front desk. I could see the desk attendant in an alcove type space behind the front desk. I waited 4 to 6 minutes before he even stopped doing whatever it was he was doing back there. When he finally came to the desk he never said hello, smiled or welcomed me to the Roslyn. He just glared at me like I had interrupted something important. I finally said I'd like to check in. He literally grunted "name" and then he very efficiently checked me in. He never said welcome, thank you, have a nice stay. And honestly, while he was well dressed, handsome, and even efficient, his unfriendly demeanor was reflective of the rest of the hotel.

When I opened my room door memories of past stays flooded my brain. My rooms was on the smallish slide, and I had an executive king room at $160 a night. The room decor is just HORRID - sort of Laura Ashley, cross-bred with Ikea modern, with highlights of worn and old. While the drapes and bed coverings were custom made I'm sure, they're long past "fresh and new". The walls of this hotel are SUPER SUPER thin and I could literally hear every word the folks in the room next to me said to one another and I could hear their television plainly. Now mind you, the people next door were not being loud, obnoxious, or unruly. They were simply talking with one another while watching television. I can tell you the DETAILS of their conversation, that's how clearly I could hear them. The hotel has a sort of "open" center and the hallways of the hotel overlook the lovely "Library". But since the rooms are not sound proof, the noises that come from folks enjoying an evening libation are annoying.

Additionally, the mattress in my room was old, hard, and uncomfortable. The room didn't offer a comfortable chair to enjoy television - the only option was to get into bed - there was an old style Martha Washing chair jammed in the corner beside the tv - however you couldn't sit there and relax. The room didn't have ample plugs, so charging an iphone or trying to plug in a laptop and find a convenient place to work and watch tv was a problem.

The thing I find absolutely amusing is that this hotel calls itself a "boutique experience". I've stayed at wonderful boutique style hotels. This place is certainly not even a Ramada Inn. If it wants to live up to a boutique experience they first need to train their staff to be super service oriented, they need to enclose the Library for sound issues, they need to rip out every wall and insulate so that the rooms are sound proof, the rooms need to be decorated in a modern style, the mattresses need to be replaced, the bathrooms totally refreshed, and electrical updated, and maybe they could add a bellman, and other boutique style services.

Old, tired, sad... I think these are pretty accurate adjectives for this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed here two nights for an event that was held in the party room at the hotel. The event was well done and the food was excellent. However the hotel rooms, lobby and hallways are very worn and outdated. There were many places with worn out carpeting, dusty areas, chipped paint many places in our room, and rust stains on the ceiling in the bedroom. The room has a thermostat with only 'on' or 'off' and then only 'high' 'medium' or 'low' so it was very hard to regulate the temperature. The only benefit was that the party we were attending was held there so we had little driving to do.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roslyn
Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn
Holiday Inn Express ROSLYN - MANHASSET AREA
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to The Roslyn Hotel? Share your experiences!