“Excellent experience...can't wait to see what's next!!”
Review of The Roslyn Hotel

The Roslyn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Roslyn
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I had traveled to New York for a conference and I had a few hotels to choose from. After staying at the Roslyn Hotel I have been shown a different category of hotels completely. First, the convenience. Right off of the Long Island Expressway, it is easily accessible and makes traveling less stressful. The location: beautiful. Right from my room I was able to see the Hempstead Harbor and a beautiful scenic view of the trees and hills. Hard to think I could find a place that has such a view so close to Manhattan. Next, the ambiance. The hotel has a very historic feel to it. Very elegant lobby and waiting area with possibly the most beautiful architecture I've seen. Reminded me more of a country club then a hotel. The staff was impeccable. They were very kind and made sure that we were taken care of at all times. Currently under renovations, I can't wait to see what it will look like after it has been completed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Galil T
There are newer reviews for The Roslyn Hotel

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here while visiting relatives in the area. The location was the only positive thing other than the staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a sign stating that they were renovating which is sorely needed. The beds were very bad and lumpy. The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants which is a plus. The continental breakfast had stale pastries and over watered powdered eggs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Reading these reviews makes me very upset. I enjoyed my stay. The hotel is beautiful and the furnishings are antique. They are renovating the entire hotel giving it a very modern feel. I thought the staff was very nice and breakfast was great! I Will definitely go again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Taylor E
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The room smelled disgusting. The smell stuck to our clothes and left a bad taste in our mouths. There were flies, dirty carpet, dirty bed cover, very old furnishings. We were not given what we booked and confirmed earlier that morning. When we complained the manager left the premises because he was "sick". Finally two hours later an assistant manager met with us and said in a very rude way - if we we weren't happy to leave. By this time it was 20 minutes until our reunion and we didn't have time to leave. Expensive, dirty, not given what we booked, rude and a cold breakfast. Never again. RUN!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Rosyln Claremont Hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank Emilie L
ROSLYNMGR, Manager at The Roslyn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

We’re sorry to hear that your stay with us was not an enjoyable one as our goal is to exceed your expectations. We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review as we do appreciate any and all feedback so we can continue to make improvements. The Roslyn Hotel has recently completed the remodeling of all our guest rooms including new carpets, fresh paint and modern furniture as well updates to our open areas. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future to experience the improvements first hand.
Management

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The location is great to stay compared to NY highways. Although the renovations are in progress by new management staff, it will get better over time. I saw a major re-hauling of the rooms. Being in historic neighborhood, the hotels has feel of a mix of old style with modern style. Will definitely come again.

1  Thank Simplynice o
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Roslyn Hotel on my yearly company meeting, and wanted to share that I was pleased with to see the results of the upgrades. The room was nicely decorated, and comfortable. Being a heavy coffee drinker, loved having a Keurig in my room! My favorite meal of the day is breakfast, and the Roslyn certainly served up a great hot breakfast every morning! The staff, as always, we pleasant and helpful!

Congrats to the Roslyn Hotel team on all the great things you are doing!

1  Thank Feeroj S
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I visit The Roslyn Hotel for my annual corporate conference every year and finally the hotel is getting much needed renovation. I am very happy to see many changes as full hot breakfast served, most of amenities upgraded like Keurig coffee machines, complimentary water bottles, coffee 24 hrs, cookies at check-in. Staff is very attentive and friendly. The new contemporary style is an excellent improvement, it is a different European look and style . I would definitely recommend to all for business and personal travel.

Room Tip: Newly renovated rooms are very good
1  Thank Dhiren P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roslyn
Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Holiday Inn Express ROSLYN - MANHASSET AREA

Been to The Roslyn Hotel? Share your experiences!