“Beautiful but mediocre”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After you gat past the pushy waiters- all named Vinny - you will experience a noisy crowded but very pretty place but food that is no better than your local neighborhood Italian joint
Not bad- just not memorable

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Italian restaurant serve family style or single servings. The staff is friendly and efficient and we did not feel rushed. The food was excellent especially the crusted lamb special. Valet parking available although street parking was not a problem when we went. Plan to return.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I had a wonderful experience the other evening at Matteos. Being that this was a first time visit, I didn’t know what to expect, nor did I understand the menu. Fortunately, I had a fantastic waiter, Eric, who was very accomodating. Eric explained how the menu works, and the portion sizes. Matteo’s is a family style restaurant that offers several different prices and portion sizes. They have a fairly extensive menu, so I inquired with Eric what his recommendations would be.

Eric didn’t steer me wrong, he suggested the caesar salad, which uses a house made dressing which was fantastic. He said the baked clam oreganata are the best in town and right about that! Just perfectly cooked with a delicious sauce. For a pasta we decided to have the cavatelli christina, which is a veal sausage bolognese. I’ve never had a veal sausage bolognese and it was wonderful. Lastly, he suggested the veal chop valdostana, which is a on the bone veal chop, pounded out, topped with prosciutto and mozzarella cheese. It was cooked in a marsala sauce, it was glutenous, but a winner indeed.

I was fortunate to have such a great waiter. Eric was always in the area if we needed something like oil, cheese and of course more drinks. He was definitely a class act, ensuring we had clean utensils switched out for our main course. I asked him if he was ever a cruise waiter, because that was the level of service we received, top notch! Hope to return soon and have my new favorite waiter at my table.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Food was great and portions are perfect. The staff is great and our waiter Guarino was so helpful in explaining the menu. He was always smiling and talked highly about everything. This was the first time for my children to eat here and I definitely come back!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

The food came after a long wait and was warm, not hot. Single portions were huge and bland tasting. We had shrimp luciano and pasta bolognese. The bread was very good.

Service was ridiculously bad. Our server brought the desert menus before our entrees arrived. Very slow and disorganized staff, including the valet parking.

It's a shame because the interior is lovely although it's loud. It was not crowded and the noise level was annoying.

We will never go back.