“A nice place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We took a friend here for a birthday dinner. The food, ambiance, and service was very good. Our table was ready as promised. We were cordially greeted. Service was efficient and effective. We were not rushed. All went well. Even desserts were quite good. We will return.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Four of us had drinks and dinner here April 26, 2014 and everyone enjoyed. The friends we were with had never been here before. Had drinks at the tiny bar which all were well prepared. Our table waitress, Christina, was efficient and quick witted and out did my wisecracking friend. Both couples split Caeser salad with shaved parmigiano, which, as usual, was enough salad for me. I had the duck breast which was done medium, but remained moist with a nice lingonberry demi. My wife's veal with crabmeat and sherri cream sauce was to her liking. The friends each had specials (they always have four or five specials beyond the items on the menu). One was a halibut filet and the other had salmon with spinach, bacon and some other things going on. They both were raving about their meals. All the meals came with generous portions of wild rice and whole green beens.The wine list has about 50 offerings and we selected a mid priced Malbec which paired nicely with all of the meals. We split a chocolate walnut pie and the two bites i had were very good.

We frequent this restaurant about once a year and it is always consistently good and not overpriced. If in the Saratoga Springs area, this restaurant should be sought out.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We don't usually go out for holidays, but my mom and I were invited to the Lake Ridge by a few of her friends. They had been there before... we had not. I had looked up the reviews and was confident it would be a nice dinner... What we were served was WONDERFUL!...

We had the first reservation time for the day and were seated promptly. (there was a large group seated near later in the hour, but even that did not take away from our experience...) I imagine during regular dinners this would not always be the case (larger groups like on a holiday)

Our drink orders were taken (some wine for the ladies and prosecco for me...) & we were assured right away that we could have separate checks. It would not have bothered me to figure the check, but I was dining with several older ladies and it was their preference. It made it very easy at the end of the meal.

Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and helped me pick right away from my choices of two entrees I wanted to try. It was between the swordfish and the veal. She said Swordfish right away and I was not sorry I went with her suggestion!!!

Not long after ordering we were presented with a basket of warm bread and a variety of spreads from an herb-ed butter and olive oil and also a raspberry balsamic vinegar. The bread was crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. It felt to me that it might have been made in house or they have a very good bakery that makes it for them.

My mom and I ordered appetizers - she went with the Escargot and I went with the Scallops. Both were very good - however my mother admitted she would probably just come back and order the Escargot and another small dish because the escargot was sooo good. It was in a creamy butter garlic shallot sauce and she only left a small piece of bread left knowing she had a dinner to have next.

My scallops were cooked perfectly. Pan seared, they were very moist inside and a good size. I personally didn't care for the seafood greens that came with it... but that's just me...

For our entrees, one friend went with the ham dinner (I did not get pictures of that), another also ordered the swordfish and my mom ordered the Seafood Manso - a pasta dish with olives capers tomatoes and 4 HUGE shrimp... She loved it and brought the rest home and we shared it for lunch today...

For the Swordfish... it was breaded in herb and panko breading... pan seared and served with a beurre blanc sauce... I have never had it cooked this way and it was UNBELIEVABLE!!! The pan searing kept the fish incredibly moist and the sauce that came with it - with some capers was sooo good. i may have to ask for a little extra sauce next time. For THIS entree alone... i will be back... (but I also have my eyes on other entrees as well...)

I had dessert - which was the flour-less chocolate cake and one friend had the key lime pie. Both disappeared off the plates. My cake was very rich and fudgey. We had coffee, cappuccino, tea and an Irish coffee.

Some had to go boxes - like I said, my mom had filled up on the escargot and probably should have gotten the 1/2 portions, like they offer (good idea) but she did enjoy the leftovers (and even I got one of the shrimp... (yum.....)

The restaurant itself is a little deceiving on the outside. It looks smaller than it is. It is made up of different rooms - we were in the furthest from the entrance, but it was nice and cozy. There was parking right outside the restaurant and there was additional if needed down the street at the church.

I did pick up the brochure they have there. The lunch menu also looks very inviting and I will venture back soon for just that.

I would imagine that this restaurant is packed during racing season.

I would suggest reservations either way.

This is a very good place to recommend for special occasions and I wouldn't hesitate to go back for another holiday.

It is Chef owned and I think you can tell the difference in the menu and the food preparation. I imagine they have their own sources for their ingredients & I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the menu is from local suppliers.

Overall... It was a very good experience and I will go back again.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This was the first stop for me during Saratoga Restaurant Week after work in Albany. This is a nice village, where this restaurant sits off a side street less than a quarter mile from U.S. 9, about halfway between Albany and Saratoga Springs. The décor is nice, the dining room comfortable and well-appointed. It's fine dining with a bit of country ambiance...not surprised it's so popular with locals.

First up for me after ordering a good, sweet glass of wine was the Bacon Wrapped Dates; much unlike bacon-wrapped scallops, this is a great flavor combination. The vinaigrette, of which I tend not to be a fan, finished the dish well; it might've all been a little bit too sweet though. I believe these were the large Medjool dates, and the pits were left in; perhaps pitted Deglet Noors would have been a better choice.

For the main course, the Short Ribs were very nicely done, with a dark wine sauce, and the meat was fall-off-the-bone tender (without the bones)...tasted like a good pot roast. As I found with most of the restaurants around town, the bread was nothing special...white and crusty, but very bland and rather tasteless, and in no way an indicator of the quality of the meal to come.

The Burnt Sugar Triple Chocolate Cake and rum crème anglais brought the meal to a very pleasant close. It had chocolate chips, but the base must've been white chocolate. It wasn't overly sweet and sticky, and it was delicious. Coffee...was okay. Water glass...was always kept filled. All portions were perfectly adequate, and I had no complaints about the service. This is nice for a weekly stop-by for locals, and I myself shall be visiting again.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Lake Ridge is an outstanding small personalized dining experience. The chef Scott is totally amazing. The dining areas and Mohagany bar are worth the trip in themselves. They have an incredible menu and the other huge draw to this place is the theme nights. They offer food and wine pairings, food and beer pairings and occasional pre fix dinner nights all at a reasonable price. Everytime I attended one of these I was overwhelmed by the quality. The prices on the menu are middle of the road to high but the overall experience in dining there makes it money very very well spent.