“Father's Day weekend”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Round Top
Queens Village, New York
“Father's Day weekend”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My stay at your resort over Father's Day weekend was somewhat disappointing.
First off the food: The coffee was not hot (room temperature), milk should never be left out for a long period of time like it was. I asked for lemon for my tea which was served in a tea cup and they cut the lemon in 4 wedges. Where did they want me to put the water as I usually leave the lemon in the cup. There was no accommodations for a vegetarian (non meat eater) like we were told there was when we called to make the reservations so we are forced to eat what is on the menu and the food was way too salty.
Rooms: The room had a lot of bugs in it and that is because the cleaning person leaves the door open while cleaning. The rooms were never sprayed to prevent bugs. I was not happy that my personal stuff that I left in the bathroom was rearranged. The beds are too small to accommodate a person of 6' or taller. The way the bed was placed in the room you hit your head on the windowsill. The fitted sheet did not fit correctly as it kept coming undone.
Lounge area: This was even more shocking as I was trying to watch the Yankee game on Saturday I was watching ants crawl on the walls, and floor as well as getting bit by one while I was sitting in the white recliner.
The bell: There was no notice in my room as to what and when the bell was rung for. I found out through other family members about this.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Diana U

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 9 May 2011

This is one of the best places I've been to in the catskills, The service is great
The music and games were so much fun. I loved the outdoor sauna. The food was very good, and this German family is wonderful they make you feel like you've known them all your life. I would highly recommed it. It's good for the young and the not so young. They
have something for everyone.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Seattlebaby
Reviewed 14 July 2010

Well to start off, there is nothing wrong with Riedlbauers Resort. This place is designed to take you back to the times when you could just hang out and relax with your friends and family. Your kids could run around and you wouldn't have to worry. There is so much to do, that you would never get bored.

I have been going here since I was very little and loved it. I look forward to coming every year. The rooms may seem outdated, but if you really look at it, it's just a way to make you take in what vacation really is all about. There is no need for TV, or cell phones, or internet.

The scenery is so beautiful. The hiking trails are so mun fun and take you to the wildest places. The entertainment is perfect. Every night there is a party in the main house... Whether it's bingo or dancing night or game night or the weenie roast. The food is completely satisfying. There will always be something to eat that's delicious. There's so much to do with the tennis and basketball courts, playground, pools, game room and driving range. The service is great too. They are so nice and charming. They are also very attentive.

Lastly, it's so easy to make friends. Everyone is so friendly and all you have to do is say hi. I have made so many friends and they include the owners. The are amazing people and are doing a great job. Just come to Riedlbauer's Resort and see for yourself. This is what they would call a vacation.

• Stayed August 2010
8 Thank Sportslover19
New York City
Reviewed 31 December 2009

This is the best place on Earth! My family and I have been going for thirteen straight years. It is a great place to go and relax. Coming from a German family I personally love the blasting German music and the very delicious food. The atmosphere is one in which all the other teenagers and children who are there when I am feel entirely comfortable. My parents as well as the parents and grandparents of my friends let us run around the grounds because it is very safe. We have created bonds that have lasted thriteen years. The rooms are not bad at all either. I personally prefer the Alpen Haus and their rooms because of the size of our family. The Annex is not as nice but that is no reason to put down the resort as a whole! I love the evening activities. Game night is fun for everyone (there are games for kids, the potato roll, balloon popping competition, and my favorite, the funnel game - plus you can win quarters!). Music and dancing are great ways for the whole resort to come together and celebrate the German culture on Friday and Saturdays. Wednesday night weenie roasts are the best! (PLEASE NOTE - this is just my knowledge of what goes on during the summer months!!! I do not know if this occurs during the other seasons because I only go during August)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank VacayGrl802
Hudson Valley
Reviewed 26 June 2009

We were looking for something different for Father's Day and searched Green County Events. We came up with the Bavarian Festival at Riedlbauer's and took the plunge. 3 different German bands, Schushplatten Dancers, Alpine Cow Bell music, Beer, Wiener Schnitzel, Bratwurst, Potato Pancakes, Apple/Cinnamon Cobbler and did I mention Beer? All under a tent with a view of the Driving range and some truly Alpine looking woods.
We only did a day trip but asked to see the rooms. Clean and simple. Just like I remember from my youth of staying in the Catskills. This is not your cucumber and goose poop facial spa. This is sturdy, delicious food, quiet rest and beautiful woodland hiking. They do have shuffleboard, Tennis, a brand new indoor pool and hot tub and a great outdoor pool. There is a new building of up to date rooms (no TV) and the owners (since the early 2000's) are renovating the older rooms as they can (good occupancy slows that down).
The owners are VERY accommodating, helpful and friendly. The food and room prices are reasonable for the area and there is plenty of parking.
They do have a strong German/Austrian flavor (the piped music actually is appropriate and fun) including the architecture of the buildings.
I would have no problem taking Friends or family there.. A great base to explore the Catskills from.
I'm going back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank privateer56
New York
Reviewed 17 February 2009

I have been a loyal customer for the past 5 or 6 years now. As a matter of fact, I have reservations next weekend. I look forward to my stay every year. We are in our early 40's, no children, love german tradition, music and food and beer. We also love nature and the outdoor activities). We feel relaxed and welcomed the minute we pull up to the resort. The piped in german music instantly brings a smile to our faces and we can't wait to greet the family of owners. I feel the rooms are old fashioned and could be updated but that is not a main concern for us. The room is a place to shower, sleep and store our bags and that's about it for us. We spend all of our time hiking, sled riding, enjoying the new pool/hot tub/sauna, going to Hunter and sitting at the bar or fireplace talking with friends. We look forward to the home cooked meals and enjoy drinking and dancing Saturday night. For us, the price is right, the owners are down to earth, friendly and accomodating, the food is like mom / grandmas and it's a very fun and relaxing winter get-away.

• Liked — Authentic German Tradition
  • Disliked — No Beverage Machines handy for 24 hour service
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank BeachBum014
NJ
Reviewed 15 August 2008

As long as you don't stay in your room, you should have a great time if you have kids or are over the age of 65.

Staff was friendly and felt like family.

Lots to do outdoors, felt a bit like camping (in a good way). Driving range and hiking was fun, and the indoor pool helped since it rained one day. Playground needs to be fixed up though.

Food was usually excellent if you like German cuisine.

Nighttime entertainment was a bit of a throwback to a simpler time (bingo, game night, weenie roast) and that's just fine. Had loads of fun.

The rooms were quite shabby and old though. I docked a star simply for this alone. They smelled musty, the furniture was broken and the hot water was very inconsistent. The decor was straight out of the 50's. There are no TVs, phones or internet (only in the main lodge), which in a way was nice, but sometimes you want to kick back in your room and watch tv late at night and you couldn't.

Overall we had fun and might go back depending on whether the rooms ever improve.

• Liked — The people and the outdoors
  • Disliked — The rooms!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank HatRemoval
Albergo Allegria
Albergo Allegria
#1 of 7 in Windham
Pollace's Family Vacation Resort

Been to Riedlbauer's Resort? Share your experiences!