“Homey, yummy, quaint”

Cuisines: American
Westchester County, New York
“Homey, yummy, quaint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I love this place. It's a blast from the past of cozy local diner that has great food (breakfast all day!) and nice ladies who wait on you with a smile, pour you another cup of coffee and chat you up while you enjoy the fare. Wish I had East Brand near my house!

Visited February 2014

New York, New York, United States
“Perfect for my private party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I got married in Roxbury last weekend and Katie closed down her restaurant last Saturday for a dinner with all the guests the day before the wedding. She was very helpful in planning the month before and was always responsive by email.

The dinner was perfect. We pre-ordered pizza and salads and kept ordering as people arrived. Katie and her staff worked quickly and kept bringing out more food. Everything was delicious and all our guests had a great time.

Katie's restaurant is very cute and with the outdoor patio, it was the perfect size. We definitely recommend going to The East Branch - either to have a party or to stop in for a meal.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kristen T
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“My local favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Here you have really delicious blueberry pancakes with REAL maple syrup (at no extra charge!) Wonderful ham, great French toast and terrific daily breakfast specials. A very short walk from everything there is in Roxbury and worth every step. The lunch specials are also very good and you have to beat the lines at the special service window for the pizza with the garlic buttered crust- a treat. Good soups and local flavor. The proprietress does it all along with the annually "best rated waitress" in the Catskills, Kathy. Also you can buy stunning small watercolors by a local artist. We have made this our go-to local hangout in our town.

• Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“A completely satisfying dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is exactly the type of restaurant where I want to eat when I'm in the wilderness on vacation. Really friendly people serving really satisfying, tasty food. Bonus was that we could walk here from The Roxbury Motel where we were staying.

The garlic knots, calzone, burger, and spice cake were all very well prepared. This is not fancy at all but why anyone would go to the Catskills looking for fancy food is beyond me. I would definitely return here.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank TheLadyinRed03
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“The best blueberry pancakes ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

This isnot fancy, but great breakfast spot. They have great tasting farm fresh eggs. Fresh bread. Sinful sausage patties. But you must order the blueberry pancakes. My favorite breakfast spot.

• Visited January 2012