“Another Great New Year's Eve at The Roxbury”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roxbury
The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roxbury
Reviewed 2 January 2014

For the second year in a row, four of us stayed at the Roxbury for New Year's Eve and enjoyed ourselves as much if not more than last year. For our three night stay we booked ‘Miss Kitty’s Saloon’, a two bedroom, 1 and ½ bath suite. We could not have been happier. Both bedrooms had very comfortable king beds, flat panel TV’s and ample closet space. The living area consisted of a couch (which is also a pull-out), love seat, a table with two chairs and another flat panel TV. There is also a counter top with a sink, microwave, coffee maker and a full size refrigerator. All the TV’s in the suite have cable and NETFLIX (a great addition from our stay last year). The main bathroom has a HUGE soaker tub/shower. There is always fresh coffee and tea in the morning to go along with the complimentary continental breakfast. The best part about the Roxbury are the owners and their staff. From the moment you arrive to the moment you head on home, they all make you feel like part of an extended family. I would and will recommend the Roxbury to anyone who will listed (couples, small groups, families). We can’t wait until our third annual New Year’s Eve at the Roxbury to ring in 2015…….

2  Thank Billy1969

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The owners are amazing, the rooms are amazing, our anniversary was amazing, they are amazing. The town is sort of sleepy and not much to do. Every room is gorgeous and designed to amazing taste and quality. The stream next to the hotel will calm you down its so relaxing and not heard in the room. There is a kitchenette diner a block away with good hand made food. Great for couples getaway. The best, Only five star review I have ever posted on here or yelp. 6 out of 5 stars. The spa is worth it add it on soooo worth it. I am raving about The Roxbury.

Room Tip: We stayed in the MaryAnne's coconut creme pie. AMAZING!
1  Thank neverbuylivingsocial
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This was one of the best experiences I've had staying in a motel/hotel in a long time! My girlfriend and I stayed here 3 nights during the week and we had a blast. We ended up staying in the final frontier room... And wow. Just wow. I'm a huge Star Trek fan and this place was a fantastic homage to the show! From the light up LED screens which look similar to panels on a starship, to the awesome set like furniture to the ceiling stars display which makes the room look like it's traveling through space! The towels, bathroom supplies and the beds were all great. The staff was very helpful with any of our questions and needs. We even got to meet the owner! We look forward to being back in a couple of months to try the Emerald room!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to go here for our weekend getaway for the holidays. I loved exploring all the rooms they had to offer for hours on end. We chose the "Wizard's Emeralds" room for the weekend for the first weekend of December.

You can see the motel coming down the hill on Rt 30. It does stick out amongst the houses and "village" buildings, but I loved the stark white buildings with black finishings and neon green doors. Contemporary, indeed.

As you enter the "Wizards Emeralds," you have the yellow brick road at your feet. You follow the yellow brick road to the far wall that becomes a mural of the Emerald City, and all the decor is emerald green, of course. It was fascinating how carefully thought out the decor was throughout the entire room. Poppies painted in the bathroom, a ruby slipper wine bottle holder, etc. They offered specials such as a bottle of champagne chilled and cheese platter, but also supplied various wine bottles around the room.

We also got the spa passes and the North Spa was beautifully decorated as well. They have a great relaxation area and the Green Steam room was very enjoyable. Overall, everyone was extremely friendly, the motel was very clean, and there were a lot of quaint cafes nearby. I cannot wait to come back!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Can't say enough great things about this hotel. It's very clean and has excellent amenities in the way of spas. The rooms are fab! The owners are wonderful and we loved visiting a part of the state we'd never been to before. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at the Roxbury in Aug. 2013. We booked the Razzle Dazzle Room. The hotel is quite nice. The upper deck with the wood burning firepit is so tranquil. It overlooks a large yard with a gazebo. It's so beautiful. They offered free breakfast. I liked their variety. Jacob checked us in. He was so helpful, kind and friendly. He answered all of our questions. I asked him about area attractions, he gave me information verbally and provided brochures and maps. There was one brochure he couldn't locate, I told him it was fine. While we were getting settled in our room, there was a knock on our door, it was Jacob. He had the brochure, and also additional information he thought we'd like. He was awesome. We dined at the Public Restaurant. It's literally next door. It feels like it's part of the Hotel. The food was very good. The only issue I had, but it's not the Hotels fault, is that we had to travel a distance for attractions. On a positive note, the hotel is near all the major roads we had to travel to visit the attractions.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Catskills have become a popular short getaway spot for my husband and I. Last year, we visited the Roxbury Motel and stayed in the Star Trek themed Final Frontier Suite. Since then, I can't stop gushing about their themed rooms, relaxing spa, friendly service and fabulous lighting. Its owners, Greg and Joe have brought a breath of fresh air to the area and their creativity seems to know no limits.

Since our last stay, I have been following the creation of their latest suite, The Digs which had only been open for a few months at the time of our February visit. This is an Indiana Jones 3 bedroom cottage that sits on the Roxbury property. The Digs have been their largest undertaking and no detail has been overlooked. There is a fish tank that can be seen from both the living room and inside one of the showers. Polarizing glass protects your dignity. A Mayan temple bedroom can be discovered hidden behind a stone face, and another bedroom themed as Cleopatra's suite boasts with a private walled in outdoor shower. The last bedroom features a canopy constructed from 40 bullwhips.

The suite has a massive painted "library" where most of the rooms lay hidden behind secret doors. One of these doors leads to a lost mine that you can explore. The walls and ceilings hold hidden maps and everywhere you look are hidden treasures from excavations around the world. There is a full kitchen, oversized porch and large fireplace. Wi-fi is free, as is Netflix and as guests of The Digs, you get free spa passes. Did I mention the falling boulder?

I followed the Roxbury's various Facebook albums chronicling the creative process and installation and wanted to surprise my friends with a visit. I gave them no clues about where we were going. When we arrived, the room wasn't quite ready yet so we went for a walk around town, and lounged around the motels comfy sitting room and chatted with the staff. When we got to the room, my husband and our friends had their minds officially blown. Watching them explore the room for the first time was one of the highlights of the trip. During our stay we watched the Indiana Jones DVD set that we found well hidden in the room, staged a few photo shoots, enjoyed the spa and explored nearby towns. We had a great dinner at The Public one night and my husband prepared a feast for us in the lush kitchen the next. He also made late night Olliebollen (our fave Dutch snack).

There is also a food truck that parks in front of the Roxbury called Ate-O-Ate. Their menu changes daily and you can call in deliveries. The couple that runs it is very friendly and their food is great. Apparently, everyone goes nuts for their sliders.

After check out on Sunday, we stayed a little longer for a room tour. We felt very lucky to see so many of their totally one of a kind themed rooms. We visited Genie's Bottle, The Wizards Emerald, George's Space Pad, The Noir Boudoir, Miss Kitty's Saloon, Maria's Curtains, Tony's Dance Floor, Fred's Lair, Angel Hair and more. I am blown away by how much heart, soul, and sparkle Greg and Joe have put into their rooms. Their theater backgrounds and immensely diverse talents result in the most quirky but tasteful rooms I have ever seen. Like sleeping in dream sets!

With the addition of The Digs, The Roxbury has taken it to a whole new level. It was like exploring the whole world while never leaving the back yard of New York City. At the end of any year, I like to look back and think about the things I did that year for the first time. Thanks to our stay at The Digs I can add "showered next to eels and lionfish" "spied on friends the eye holes of a wall mounted mask" and "retreated to my bedroom behind the book case" to that list.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank RobynPringTravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roxbury
Hotel Vienna
Pine Hill Arms Hotel & Restaurant
Villa Vosilla
Villa Vosilla
#1 of 3 in Tannersville

Been to The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging? Share your experiences!