“Father's Day Fun”

170 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Father's Day Fun”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've been wanting to check out this park for many years and may be leaving the area this summer so I took advantage of the great Father's Day offer where I got to ride for free and my son was just $15. Parking was $7. We went on 11 rides together so for $22 total I felt we did pretty well in just about a 5 hour visit. Food was more expensive due to location I guess and I am used to amusement park/concert prices but $26 for a pizza? We found a spot for a great turkey wrap made to order for $8.50, a couple slices of pizza later and cotton candy made before your eyes before we left. Most of the workers were pleasant and friendly. The park felt safe, fairly small but we did not enter the kiddie ride area, and you couldn't beat the view of Long Island Sound. After spending nearly $40 on food for 2 of us just to keep going, never close to full, we will not likely return as it's much closer and easier to visit Six Flags, Dorney Park, Seaside, and Keansburg. Some cool old dark rides like I haven't seen in decades, a good experience overall and we also discovered Knoebel's recently but that is much farther.

3 Thank Jeremy31Virgo

Greenwich, Connecticut
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We visited Playland yesterday, and were thoroughly impressed with the park. They get the little things as well as the big things right. The park is kept spotlessly clean, and the rides are unique and fun. The ride operators are professional, and it's clear that safety is their primary concern. The impressive part is that the operators are all young adults, who behave like they're old veterans.
Recent political ugliness on the part of the County's Executive, Rob Astorino, doesn't distract from the fact that this is a beautiful COUNTY-OWNED amusement park that gets it right. It's become the best kept secret in the area, so go visit before everyone realizes just what a perfect place it is.

1 Thank BobLeblaw
Rye Brook, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Still the best!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This family amusement park was opened in 1923 and has been beautifully restored. It is not Six Flags nor does it want to be. Situated on the Long Island Sound in beautiful Rye, NY it has something for evberyone. A great wooden roller coaster, the original Steeplechase horse race, the Caroselleand kiddy land. Plus the Giant BigWheel with a fantasyic view of the park and the sound...especially on fireworks nights, every Wednesday and Friday! You'll love it!!

3 Thank cygone
Jersey City, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A fun place”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I really liked this place because it had an area where the little kids could play n the bigger kids n adults the food was good especially the Carmel apples my favorite n the prices were really reasonable n 4 those who like like the beach which is not my thing, y'all can play n the water all day, me myself I loved the shows they put on n the games.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Stuffia D
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good for a Staycation kinda weekend.”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Went on a friday for a one day pass..Half-off promtion going on which made it worth the money. .no lines and weather held up thankfully. One thing that got annoying was having to scan your wristlet/barcode before EVERY ride. I could only imagine the backed up lines and Frustration in the heat of the summer when the season officially starts. Othewise good day trip, the kids had fun. ♡

Visited May 2014