“Great location!”
Review of Courtyard Rye

Courtyard Rye
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rye
Reviewed 15 June 2013

For those who have a car and want easy access to both I-95 and I-287, this hotel should definitely be considered. I do agree with an earlier reviewer who described it as "run down, dark, somewhat shabby." We were also disappointed the hot tub wasn't working (didn't even have water), and the air conditioner in the fitness center was disabled, as well. The TV on one of the treadmills didn't turn on, and the one which had a picture had no sound. Overall, the property could use a good cleaning and freshening and the maintenance items which have been deferred should be completed.

Our room was clean,, and it was nice to have a refrigerator and the wireless internet was fast. For a hotel with easy access by car, do consider this location.

Room Tip: Note the hotel is nestled at the intersection of two very busy highways, and the train runs directly...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I was excited about staying at this location. I have lived in this area and was aware of this location. I have stayed at Courtyards before and have been mostly pleased.

The lobby was nice, the room appeared to very nice until we looked in the bathtub that morning. Several pieces of hair in the tub. We called front desk, who sent a very nice manager up to view the problem. She comped our breakfast and stated that someone would be up to clean it. We went to get breakfast, came back, but hair still there. I had a speaking engagement in a few hours so my wife finally cleaned the tub.

When I saw the manager later that afternoon she comped our breakfast the next morning as well. She wasn't sure if the room had been cleaned yet, but when I went up to the room it appeared to have been. I went down to the business center and saw the manager again who stated I have sent someone to clean your room again. I told her it was already down. he stated she went up there and wasn't pleased and sent the person back to clean it again. (I wonder if it was hair)

Well the next morning when I go to take a shower what do you think I saw in the tub...a strand of hair! I must admit management was very concerned but something went wrong in the process. Because we paid through Priceline they were not able to comp us for the stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JHJRNY
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This hotel is expensive for what it is. I have to say thought that the staff were very helpful and friendly indeed and this helped make our stay very pleasant. It was clean and quiet. The breakfast is a bit limited when you are used to buffet breakfasts with a selection of three options. There is complimentary coffee available but I could never quite work out when - it seemed a bit random. The hotel has a bar but not one that you would really want to have any more than one or two.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This courtyard has excellent management and is run much much better than a Marriott than is run by an "outside management company", where corners can be cut. You get what you pay for and management does have open ears for the management is Marriott itself. One should always ask is the hotel being run by Marriott itself or by a management company. This is run by Marriott so what you see is what you get.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

In the run of hotel experiences, there is little that is more demoralizing than getting into bed and finding long hairs in the sheets. Overall the property seems run down, dark, somewhat shabby. The smoke detector battery was low and so we had to dismantle that. It wasn't a great night! I generally expect a lot more from Courtyard properties.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

The best hotel in the immediate area. Nice rooms, clean, quiet and 30 seconds off if 95.
Glad I did. Older property is well maintained and up dated. The best was very comfortable and the flatscreen TV was large!
They do not offer a breakfast buffet, but rather an upscale bistro featuring Starbucks coffee..
No disappointments.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Our room was very clean and comfortable, the grounds and lobby were well taken care of, and the location was ideal. We walked from the Rye train station to the hotel, and from the hotel to the Capitol Theater in Port Chester on some beautiful but chilly spring days, stopping to dine at some of the many restaurants along the way. We truly enjoyed our stay and will absolutely return when the Cap comes calling again.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Our corner room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye
Renaissance Westchester Hotel
HYATT house White Plains
#4 of 7 in White Plains
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown

Been to Courtyard Rye? Share your experiences!