“Marriott Courtyard Rye NY”
Review of Courtyard Rye

Courtyard Rye
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rye
Reviewed 11 July 2013

A little noisy as this hotel is located between 287 and 95. If you need a quiet room take the ones facing the rear of Home Depot or the Courtyard on the North side but not near the stairs or exit doors. Convenient to Rye Train Station to go down to NYC but watch the parking. You need a permit to park (or you get a $25.00 ticket as I did) or simply call a cab. Comfortable bed and amenities. Needs better lighting in the sink area for putting on makeup. Another mirror in the main part of the bedroom area would be nice. Parking okay and we only bought some breakfast items to take back to the room. Gym not too bad. Has an indoor pool that's only 4' deep and they were filling in the spa. Don't know why.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara W

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a great nights sleep in this updated courtyard hotel. The check in staff are very engaging and fun (particularly Traci). Ask for a room away from train for uber quiet night :) great experience. Only improvement I see would be better towels.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Travelling with my husband, 14 year old son & 11 year old daughter, & got a room with a single king bed. Were told no other rooms were available, tho the hotel does not appear to be full. There werent even any cots. My son slept on the floor, & it took two calls to even get a blanket for him. When we did get bedding, the sheets were still wet. Never did get a pillow. Worst hotel ever. Totally unhelpful front desk clerk.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Very surprised that this was actually a Marriott hotel. Marriott's are usually very nice. The lobby was nice but breakfast was not included. In the AM I went down stairs and asked and they said we should have paid for it when we checked in but that choice was not given to us. The room was very small and the layout was odd. The TV was to the right of the bed so you had to turn ur head to the right to watch TV. The room seemed old and everything did not have that clean fresh feeling. The hot tub was closed. The was pool nice but small. It closes early at 11 and they kick u out on the dot. There was no vending machines and the little snack corner they had was over priced

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 15 June 2013

For those who have a car and want easy access to both I-95 and I-287, this hotel should definitely be considered. I do agree with an earlier reviewer who described it as "run down, dark, somewhat shabby." We were also disappointed the hot tub wasn't working (didn't even have water), and the air conditioner in the fitness center was disabled, as well. The TV on one of the treadmills didn't turn on, and the one which had a picture had no sound. Overall, the property could use a good cleaning and freshening and the maintenance items which have been deferred should be completed.

Our room was clean,, and it was nice to have a refrigerator and the wireless internet was fast. For a hotel with easy access by car, do consider this location.

Room Tip: Note the hotel is nestled at the intersection of two very busy highways, and the train runs directly...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I was excited about staying at this location. I have lived in this area and was aware of this location. I have stayed at Courtyards before and have been mostly pleased.

The lobby was nice, the room appeared to very nice until we looked in the bathtub that morning. Several pieces of hair in the tub. We called front desk, who sent a very nice manager up to view the problem. She comped our breakfast and stated that someone would be up to clean it. We went to get breakfast, came back, but hair still there. I had a speaking engagement in a few hours so my wife finally cleaned the tub.

When I saw the manager later that afternoon she comped our breakfast the next morning as well. She wasn't sure if the room had been cleaned yet, but when I went up to the room it appeared to have been. I went down to the business center and saw the manager again who stated I have sent someone to clean your room again. I told her it was already down. he stated she went up there and wasn't pleased and sent the person back to clean it again. (I wonder if it was hair)

Well the next morning when I go to take a shower what do you think I saw in the tub...a strand of hair! I must admit management was very concerned but something went wrong in the process. Because we paid through Priceline they were not able to comp us for the stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JHJRNY
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This hotel is expensive for what it is. I have to say thought that the staff were very helpful and friendly indeed and this helped make our stay very pleasant. It was clean and quiet. The breakfast is a bit limited when you are used to buffet breakfasts with a selection of three options. There is complimentary coffee available but I could never quite work out when - it seemed a bit random. The hotel has a bar but not one that you would really want to have any more than one or two.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye
Renaissance Westchester Hotel
HYATT house White Plains
#4 of 7 in White Plains
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel

Been to Courtyard Rye? Share your experiences!