“Worn”
Review of Doral Arrowwood

Doral Arrowwood
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a fairly huge facility with a golf course. While there, the fall colours were spectacular and the temperatures not too cool yet. Spent a week in October for business. The breakfast is fine, but really wanted some of those NYC lox & bagels. The dinner buffet is really great and it should be for $40. Beer at the pub is great - our group had a couple of meals there and that's where is goes bad. The burgers are great, but don't order anything else. It's overcooked, over/under salted, rubberized, and a couple of our guys got sick. But for beer/burgers, it was perfect.

The rooms. . . oh boy. They are acceptable, tolerable, not bad. They are also very outdated with 1980's gramma wallpaper throughout. The bathroom fixtures are completely outdated (and the sink water knobs turn the wrong way), the toilet takes 3 flushes to get a Kleenex down, and the hot water is not consistent. There is a nice LG flatscreen. The ac/heat is loud so can't sleep with it on, but the room gets too cold and the covers aren't enough to keep you warm all night. I found the 1985 extra blanket, but the maid kept taking it off and puting it away each day. The ac vents were rusty and nasty. In short, this place needs a remodel.

The staff is very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms have patios, but they get cold at night because they are old doors/screens that fall...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Timbotim
DoralArrowwoodGM, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Timbotim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions. I am pleased you found the staff to be helpful and friendly and the Atrium dinner buffet to be great. As you can see from all of our reviews listed here on Trip Advisor, Doral Arrowwood is a preferred destination because of our exceptional service and professional meeting facilities as well as our spectacular resort amenities including golf, tennis, indoor-outdoor heated pool and a variety of dining options amidst a setting of inspiring natural beauty. We apologize for the deficiencies in your guest room as we take great pride in the cleanliness and maintenance of our property.

Steve Mabus

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Took my kids up here for the weekend—the indoor/outdoor pool is awesome. Only wish they had more weekend activities for children, but understand it caters to a business crowd. Otherwise, we had a great time!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this lovely hotel and conference center to attend a wedding. Our room was so comfortable and the hotel staff were warm, courteous and welcoming. I highly recommend the kitchen and servers. I have a severe allergy to any foods in the allium family (onions, chives, garlic, leeks, etc.). I didn't want to cause any difficulty for anyone on the food staff and figured I'd just eat what I was able to from the meal that was prepared, When I asked one of the waiters at the wedding dinner to let me know which of the foods would be safe for me to eat, I was told the chef would be able to easily prepare my choice from the proffered wedding menu in accordance with my needs. Well, the food was delicious. The fish and the vegetables were fresh and moist, and I wasn't made to feel like I was a nuisance to prepare dinner for. Our entire experience at this hotel was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here after a wedding, and the couple also used Arrowwood to host their morning-after brunch. Both our stay and the food were excellent.

The room was large and was stocked with all the amenities we needed, especially in the shower/bathroom. The beds were very comfortable. We even had a lovely view of the golf course.

The breakfast was buffet-style w fresh to order omelets. Everything was delicious. I went up for seconds without hesitation.

Overall, the hotel was easy to navigate and everyone was very friendly and helpful. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The architecture of the hotel takes advantage of its magnificent setting : enormous picture windows in the common areas, dining room and pool area reveal the hotel's extensive grounds which are particularly beautiful in the Fall.
My 100 year old aunt and I stayed 3 days to attend an event at Manhattanville College and visit people nearby. The rooms were spacious, attractive and comfortable. Their location was perfect : near to both the elevator and dining room, and across the hall from each other. The hotel provided a wheelchair so that my aunt could traverse the long hallways easily. We took most meals in the hotel dining room , which has very good food and service. I especially enjoyed the lovely, large, heated pool with aquatic exercise equipment. The entire staff is extraordinary : welcoming, helpful, thoughtful and kind. They made our stay a real vacation.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed at this Westchester property on many ocassions and have never been dissapointed. They employ an excellent staff who pride themselves on their superior customer service. The grounds are beautiful, especially in Fall with the changing of the leaves. Some of the rooms are a bit dated, but they are always neat and clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Excellent location and quality service...... the rooms are larger with supportive ammenities.
A real value within this Westchester community. We found the staff very accommodating and ready to help with any requests. Both the reservation staff and catering staff were attentive to our needs throughout our weeks stay.
It is a lovely forest location with great customer service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye Brook
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown
4 mi away
Cambria hotel & suites White Plains - Downtown
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester

Been to Doral Arrowwood? Share your experiences!