“A quiet weekend interrupted ”
Review of Doral Arrowwood

Doral Arrowwood
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I have been to this hotel a half a dozen times. It has a split personality. On one hand it strives to be a resort that caters to couples, business and adult travelers. That's obvious by the nice health club, pool and golf/tennis facility. But then it also is trying to be a kiddie hotel which is obvious in the hordes of screaming children in the halls, the pub, and at the Saturday dinner dance. Nothing like trying to have a romantic evening with a huge communion party and kids running, crying and messing about. Shame on the parents allowing their children to go to the buffet and handle the food in a less than sanitary fashion. Also this is the second time here and the pool has had to close for "cleaning" do to the kids. Doral, please make up your mind and quit advertising a couples weekend. I love the kids but sometimes folks need a getaway.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PattyAnn O
DoralArrowwoodGM, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear PattyAnn O,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay Doral Arrowwood. I want to apologize that the group of children with the communion party disturbed your weekend. We are a family friendly hotel but strive to cater to couples, individual business travelers and families alike. We do offer adult only hours in the PUB after 10 pm which is typically when the adults want to relax by the fire in the PUB with a draft beer, shoot pool or play darts.

We do hope to welcome you back as our guest in the future. Doral Arrowwood has recently enhanced our warm weather amenities. Featuring a remodeled pool deck and new pavilion, superior golf amenities, an indoor-outdoor pool, tennis courts and instruction, Doral Arrowwood offers the perfect summer escape just 40-minutes from New York City and a short drive from neighboring Connecticut and New Jersey. For a more active getaway, Doral Arrowwood boasts world-class tennis and golf offerings. In addition to the pool and activities, Doral Arrowwood offers three acclaimed restaurants - The Pub, The Atrium and Mulligans, Doral Arrowwood’s seasonal restaurant, which overlooks its award-winning golf course.

Again I hope you choose to return to Doral Arrowwood and give our staff the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

There are newer reviews for Doral Arrowwood

Reviewed 3 May 2014

An excellent location if you need to be in this part of Westchester, that feels as if you're out in the countryside. Good dining options, indoor and outdoor pools, a nice health club, and a friendly and helpful staff. The mattresses are a little on the firm side, but still comfortable, and I enjoyed my stay here. My only negative comment is that this hotel (public rooms, bedrooms, and health club) looks tired and feels dated, and could use a serious update.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Robin B,
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay Doral Arrowwood. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our indoor / outdoor pools, health club and dining options and that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. We hope you choose to return over the summer as Doral Arrowwood has recently enhanced our summer amenities. Featuring a remodeled pool deck and new pavilion, superior golf amenities, an indoor-outdoor pool, tennis courts and instruction, and poolside events for the entire family, Doral Arrowwood offers the perfect summer escape just 40-minutes from New York City and a short drive from neighboring Connecticut and New Jersey.

For those seeking a more active getaway, Doral Arrowwood boasts world-class tennis and golf offerings. In addition to the pool and activities, Doral Arrowwood offers three acclaimed restaurants - The Pub, The Atrium and Mulligans, Doral Arrowwood’s seasonal restaurant, which overlooks its award-winning golf course.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Overnight with colleagues for business. Never been before so took a rec'd from one of the travelers familiar with the area.

First impression was `1960's Catskill resort...from the carved "We're Glad You're Here" sign in the drive to the outer appearance...however, clean, maintained, looked like a place from the Godfather II or Dirty Dancing ! Golf course, tennis, swimming, etc all there. Kinda cool however.

First interaction-valet/doorman. Mature (aka not an 18 yr. old kid), polite, to the point on getting luggage. I am recovering from knee replacement and still on a cane. He handed it to me, asked if I had a handicap sticker and said parking valet service no charge. I was taken back a bit but pleased by the gesture. Tipped him well!

Inside a very well appointed lobby, clearly not some place past its prime and living off an old rep. Desk staff pleasant, helpful, nice feel.

Bell captain got my stuff and colleagues to the room pronto...polite and professional. Timely is a key here.

This is a pretty large place. No idea of max occupancy but walk between my room (2nd floor) and front desk (Lobby on the 5th floor---all else below!) gave the knee a real work out. Be prepared.

Rainy night so we all met in one of the in-house restaurants---The Pub". The other-"The Atrium" very large open space...prob great in summer for max occupancy, a wedding, etc. Not fir us though.

Pub was as it should be...lots on tap, a bunch of HD TV's on walls, and pub grub. Freebie is garlic home made potato chips...yeah, a bunch of them disappeared. We all dug in, ordered liberally and often from the server from the bar. I told him keep an eye on me---as did some of my colleagues and when in need, bring reinforcements. Flawless for all of us the entire evening.

Burgers for dinner---excellent and I recommend the mushroom and bacon...fries perfectly cooked. I mean no issues at all.

I awoke early next day and in reliving the night realized I had bought a round at the bar for a couple folks before all showed-used one credit card. At the table, paid using corporate card later---forgetting about the initial card and leaving it behind. Uhohhh

Called desk, they acknowledged having it...offered to bring to room but I said no, will pick up.

At check out, had Bellman come to room schedule 9:15---he arrived at 9:14.45---On time---a rarity in this world but something I prize. Again good show.

At desk, staff retrieved card, I signed...no additional charges beyond the round purchased---have checked on the card here at home and clean. Now that I call integrity and honesty on several levels. I have had other experiences before---this was pleasant.

Asked for car at 10:00---luggage loaded, running and warmed up at 10:00.

OK, not earth shattering stuff but these are the things that are indeed differentiators in travel. I highly recommend this place...and commend management for running a tight, clean, efficient and very professional ship. Tip of the hat to them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Patrick201,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay Doral Arrowwood. We truly appreciate the opportunity to hear about the great experiences that our guests have at Doral Arrowwood.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

A flood recently forced us out of our NYC apartment. After a three-week road trip we came home to a place that still wasn't livable. Exhausted, we decided we needed to regroup, so spent a week at Doral Arrowwood in Rye Brook, just 40 minutes north of Manhattan.
The hotel is also a conference center so it generally caters to the business traveler. But on the weekends they're known for their brunch, so lots of "daytrippers" come from throughout the area.
From the front desk to the restaurant servers the staff is first-rate; knowing our circumstances they've gone out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. In addition to their main dining room The Pub is also a great spot to catch a casual meal or a game on TV.
The rooms are probably where the hotel falls short. They're a decent size but are definitely dated. We had a problem in our original room, and the premier room we moved to was a step up. It had a renovated bathroom with a large walk-in shower.
Their indoor/outdoor pool is phenomenal. Always staffed with a lifeguard, the pool has three lap lanes and tons of extra room for water exercise and fun. As a swimmer I have appreciated the lap lanes! Other amenities include a fitness center, whirlpool, an Arthur Ashe Tennis Center, and a challenging nine-hole golf course with driving range, putting green and instruction offered.
Whether you want to run from the bustle of the city for a night or two, or need an extended stay like us Doral Arrowwood is a great place to escape to.

Room Tip: The premier rooms on the lobby level are a step up from lower floors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DoralArrowwoodGM, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear ChinadollRVC,

Thank you for sharing your comments about you recent stay at Doral Arrowwood. Although we enjoyed having you as our guest, I am pleased you have been able to get back into your home in New York City.

Featuring a remodeled pool deck and new pavilion, enhanced golf amenities, an indoor-outdoor pool, tennis courts and instruction, and poolside events for the entire family, Doral Arrowwood offers the perfect escape just 40-minutes from New York City and a short drive from neighboring Connecticut and New Jersey. Whether guests are traveling from a nearby community or from several states away, our priority is offering them a wonderful getaway. I am glad we succeeded in offering this to you and your family during a stressful time. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a very nice and relaxing stay at Doral Arrowwood. The front Desk made us feel welcomed from the moment they greeted us. The staff at this hotel were very attentive and made sure our expectations were met. I would definitely recommend this place if you want to relax.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Raquelt3,

I am so pleased to read that you had a nice and relaxing stay at Doral Arrowwood. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. As we are nearing
the summer months please visit our website as we have some great specials and promotions for couples and families alike.

All the best to you and your family and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This is an older property, it has been updated however not very well thought out planning. Room was clean, and the A/C is the old style heat or cold type..THEY choose when to flip it.. Not you. IF you are not a marathon runner, when checking in with any amount of luggage, get a cart or suffer the leg cramps. (Or, request a room closer to the lobby) you check in on the top floor so it's either a long walk to the elevators and another long walk to the room or longer walk to the room. The pool area is large and is indoor/outdoor. Fitness place is very large however the staff I encountered was less than happy to speak to anyone.
Restaurant was closed and the "Pub" was it or room service, I choose the room. That was a mistake... First, NO menus in the room, it's on the TV..(what Joy).. And selection is minimal, however you can call to modify your order ... IF you can ever get them to answer that line. So, what would have cost you $25 at the PUB, ends up around $46 for the room. I'll pass on this property next time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
DoralArrowwoodGM, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Albyfli,

Thank you for sharing your review. I also want to thank you for the constructive feedback on your experience with ordering room service. We are constantly looking at ways we can improve with the assistance of feedback from our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to in the future so we can exceed your expectations. We wish you all the best in your future travels!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I usually am a huge fan of the Arrowwood! I grew up in this area and have been there on numerous occasions! Decided to take my daughter for a "staycation" and our stay was mediocre at best (although she would say it was totally awesome!)....location is perfect, check in was fast and easy! Got to our door (room 115) and the key card worked but door would not open! Had to call front desk and someone came to open.....you basically have to body check door several times to get in, getting out was frustrating and had we not been in room with patio I would have been terrified in the event of emergency! The pool was great! Well kept and lifeguard on duty.....it was perfect until around 8 p.m. When I watched a toddler vomit in the pool (shame on the parent that was pushing vomit towards skimmer rather then clear the pool to be shocked). Lifeguard didn't see so on our way out I told them.....pool wasn't evacuted! Ewwwww......back to room for a nice cold bath for my daughter (hot water would come and go....more so go)....called front desk and someone came.....turned faucet on.....bam....hot water! Noticed tiny little dead bugs in corner of the bathroom (admittingly I'm a neat freak.....but expect 100% on cleanliness).....my daughter proceeds to pull empty soda can from under the bed obviously left from a previous visitor. Dinner at the pub was great! Staff was friendly and courteous.....they have wii for kids to play and it was a good time! Room service for breakfast.....if I'm paying $50 for a couple of bagels, pancakes and coffee PLEASE don't forget the milk!?

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Debpick
DoralArrowwoodGM, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Debpick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We apologize for the deficiencies in your guest room and have already corrected them as we take great pride in the cleanliness and maintenance of our property. We appreciate your continued patronage and the fact that you are “a fan of Doral Arrowwood”. We are happy that your “dinner at the pub was great” and that you felt the “staff was friendly and courteous”. Doral Arrowwood has become the top Westchester County vacation destination because of exceptional service, well appointed guest rooms and our spectacular resort amenities including golf, tennis, indoor-outdoor heated pool and a variety of dining options amidst a setting of inspiring natural beauty. And with our specials and packages, relaxing Westchester vacations are a little more convenient and a lot less expensive. I hope you come back to Doral Arrowwood soon and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye Brook
#4 of 7 in White Plains
Courtyard Rye
Courtyard Rye
#1 of 1 in Rye

Been to Doral Arrowwood? Share your experiences!