“Update to my July 23rd experience at Chopt” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New York, US
“Update to my July 23rd experience at Chopt”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

After writing about my experience I was contacted by a Chop't representative who apologized for the behavior of the employees that I mentioned and send me two coupons to try it again. At first I was just going to give the coupons away but decided to go there and take a friend. Neither of us had a negative experience this time, though we both agree that in general the Chop'ts' way of moving customers along is rather confusing, and not as streamlined as it could be especially for a large chain.

The salad was nice. I didn't have any problems with the way the food settled on my stomach this time but I also opted for lemon and olive oil instead of traditional dressing.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Valley Stream, New York
“Nice spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

It was a nice surprise to find this place, as I like to eat kind of healthy. they offer all kind of salads, which they shred up in front of you. I had a "backyard" bar-b- chicken salad ( I believe that was the name of it..:) which was very good. They list the calories on it seemed like everything they sell.
The restaurant was only about 3 minutes from the Hilton Rye brook where I was staying, which was also a plus.

since it was only my first time there, I cant speak on the consistency of the food or service, but it seemed like a nice place for health minded individuals.

I did attempt to make a second visit recently, but the restaurant was closed due to a fire in a nearby store.

Visited September 2013
New York, US
“My first and last experience at Chop’t Creative Salad Company in Rye, New York.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

My first and last experience at Chop’t Creative Salad Company in Rye, New York.

I went into Chop’t Creative Salad Company on Tuesday July 23rd at 2:45pm for the very first time hoping to pick up a nice lunch.

Although the layout was a tad confusing I checked out the menu and made my way to order. I asked for a Santa Fe salad from a young man that never asked if he could take my order but simply stood there with his sap pulled low, I assume observing me but I have no idea as I could only see half of his face. To his credit he put together what I asked for and added more onions when I asked.

He said something like “chopper number 2” and I moved along the line in front of the “chopper” who I assumed now had my salad. He dumped it out and asked who it was I said “I think it’s mine” but the woman next to me said no that it was a Chicken Salad that she apparently ordered. So despite that salad looking like it had no chicken in it at all (never mind hearing her say no chicken when she ordered) I looked over at the chopper to my left and said “Is that one mine I ordered the Santa Fe?” he said no and that it was something else. Keep in mind I could not see any salads waiting, I only knew that my salad had been moved along the assembly line.

So I look back at Chopper number 2 and say “I think that’s mine.” He finally decided to speak. Showed me a salad in front of him (that wasn’t visible to anyone standing on the other side of the counter) and said “no this is yours.” Fine, he finally decided to open his mouth and answer my question. Instead of it stopping there, he proceeded to talk about me to his “friend” on his left in Spanish.

Wow. That’s how Chop’t treats customers? By taking your sweet time to answer their simple question and then talking about them?

Against my better judgment I didn’t walk away right then and there.

I paid for my salad, and I have to say that the people at the counter were polite. However I decided that this would be my last trip there. I might have left it like that if it wasn’t for feeling slightly ill later on from the food I ate. Honestly it was probably the dressing as the ingredients looked fine, but on top of the salad not having much flavor and being in my opinion over priced, it was just insult to injury.

Definitely my first and last visit there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Best salads in the area. You pay for it. Nice staff. Easy to get in/out. I enjoyed the salad. Its just that you think you're getting a $8 salad and bam... $12.43 salad. Its the surprise factor that just doesn't sit right. But I will go back for lunch for sure.

Visited February 2013
Purchase, New York
“The best place going for chopped salads!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

If you want a finely chopped salad, made of fresh ingredients, and even want to create/ design your own salad, or put those chopped ingredients into a wrap, this is the answer to your prayers: Chop't....a chain of chopped salad shops that really know what they are doing. And they do it beautifully. Well organized, well laid out, with great ingredients galore, be it meats, seafood, veggies, toppings, cheeses, and then there are the yummy salad dressings! Eat-in or take-out! And the prices are so reasonable, and the portions really generous. I say that this spot is just a really great. Well-executed idea. Perfect also if you are having people for lunch and don't want to cook at the last minute: buy a few salads, buy extra dressing, pour into a large salad bowl, and you are a hero and no one will know the difference! I do it all the time! Oh, and they serve great warm pita bread on the side too!

• Visited March 2013