“Not a cheap sleep.”
Review of Sag Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sag Harbor
Sag Harbor Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sag Harbor
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Marina view was great. Had a lovely balcony with comfy chairs. Room was a nice size. Bed was OK but a little soft. Housekeeping was surprisingly stingy with towels, soap and glasses. Hot water ran out halfway through second shower. Breakfast was a disappointment. Have had better breakfasts at Holiday Inn Express. Easy walk to downtown. Just don't think about the room rate, and it's fine.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Maddie0

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed on a Thursday night. Wasn't exactly what I had expected for a "Hamptons" hotel. Wasn't dirty but wasn't amazing either. Has a pool but nothing exciting to look at or go in. I have a 1 year old so I did need to spend time in the room, I guess if I just needed a place to sleep I would stay here again. But if I came back with the baby I wouldn't. Furniture was very old and looks like it has been used a lot! I put my own sheets on the bed and over the couch :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Amanda R
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The staff is friendly and accommodating and the rooms are clean and a good size. The location of the Sag Harbor Inn is ideal because it is directly across from a yacht club in the harbor. The beautiful sunset is best experienced with a cocktail on the terrace of a room across from the harbor. The continental breakfast is convenient and very nice.

Room Tip: Get a room with outdoor space across from the harbor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jdtraveler594
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My family arrived at Sag Harbor in a small boat so we needed a place within walking distance of the town dock and booked the Sag Harbor Inn. The hotel was an easy 5 minute walk from the town pier. Place was clean, with large rooms, and nice fruit for breakfast, but everything else about the property was mediocre: teeny towels, old polyester bed covers, worn furniture, thin walls, limited chairs around the pool, no pool towels, breakfast not open until 8:30 am, etc. An earlier reviewer called it "motel-style" which I now understand and fits to a T. We paid 255 each for two rooms in mid-August. I have stayed in a lot of great hotels around the world for about that price (granted in low seasons) so I at least expected something above "adequate." I have no comparison for pricing in the area in mid-summer so maybe this is a find but we thought it very overpriced. We were in the lower level pool side; room 102 is the end unit king bed room that had good light through an extra window; our other room, 104, was pretty dark. The water side views offered very nice views; get those if you can.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We have stayed at the Sag Harbor Inn on several occasions. It is clean, has very friendly staff and a basic continental breakfast offered to all guests. It overlooks the harbor, which is a lovely setting for cocktails at sunset. It has no ambiance, or Hamptons star appeal, but it is a nice location, comfortable large rooms. Ask for a room with a terrace on the first floor-- its nice to sit out and look out at the harbor

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robin s
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is a very clean, simple, motel-type establishment with a friendly staff, a nice continental breakfast, and comfortable rooms. The value for the Hamptons is excellent, and, unlike some other reviewers, we did not find noise from other rooms to be a problem. Our room had a hair dryer, but it was in a drawer in the bedroom (there was a sign on the wall in the bathroom). We had some questions about how to work the tv and the person at the desk sent someone immediately.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Whyme67
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Booked for a local wake and mentioning that to a very helpful Reservations Clerk earned me and by extrapolation, others, a 10% discount, bringing my room with tax just north of $100.00. Room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Couldn't find a hair dryer but fortunately brought my own. Was a bit surpised at the level of noise detectable from adjacent rooms, both in ours and in friends (and we were on opposite sides of the floor. A complimentary Continental Breakfast was adequate but just that. Comfort Inns even do it a bit better. A small assortment of cold cereals, orange juice (only), coffee, tea and a few toasted mini-bagels and warm Blueberry muffins. Some toaster waffles or the like might have helped. It's a small hotel so there was no true attendant for the breakfast room. Guests were required to go to the deak who would summon a housekeeper. One other issue was that the thermostate did not win the battle with the cold emanating from the door area. Fortunately, I requested extra blankets. But when I returned for the evebing, they had not been delivered. Went to the desk and retrieved them myself. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Note Ice Machines are one floor up. Snacks are vended on the first floor and the soda machine is out...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
#3 of 39 in Montauk
Southampton Inn
Southampton Inn
#3 of 8 in Southampton

Been to Sag Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!