All reviews continental breakfast bagels hotel was recently renovated wonderful night stay short walk off season beautiful view of the marina room was large an overnight stay within walking distance to town view of the water private balcony the ground floor long island clean rooms across the street seminar
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I recently had a girls getaway and stayed at the Sag Harbor Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful with info about the area. The rooms were spotless, brand new mattresses, and I loved the softness of the towels.There was excellent water pressure from the shower. Continental breakfast was a plus before we started our day in the charming town. Can't imagine how perfect a place it would be in prime season to sit out on the balcony with a glass of wine and enjoy the beautiful view of the marina and sunset. Will definitely be going back with my husband. Great value for the location!

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mahjohnbabe
Reviewed 5 February 2014

It’s all about location, location at the Sag Harbor Inn. The rooms were spotless, offered nice amenities and great service -- and there’s a breakfast buffet served with fabulous water views of Sag Harbor Cove. This place can’t be beat for the water-view location, price, and it's a very short walk to town. I’ve stayed here before and I’ll return, again and again. For those who do not know the area, this is an insider's secret.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ProTvlWrtr
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My family stayed 1 night recently and the place was decent enough for just that. We didn't hang out there, we just needed to sleep there. The hotel is in a nice location, but the hotel seems run down. Maybe I was expecting more considering its in a high end area. The beds were worn and lumpy there was mold in the bathroom. The doors and furniture were also worn and old. Thankfully it was off peak season so we didn't pay much (about $100). It isn't worth any more than that.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank jennifercV1573ZA
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here one night on business. I must admit, I was quite excited to stay in the Hampton's... but this place was nothing spectacular. The hotel has a nice balcony or porch for each room that overlooks the marina... and for me that was the best part. The rooms were dated... appropriately decorated for the marine location.... but again, dated and worn. I can't say it was really a comfortable night... but it was suffice. The continental breakfast was nothing to write home about.... rather dull. I guess constantly being on the move, a piece of toast is not how I'm used to starting my day. Again, the place wasn't bad... I've been in a lot worse. It's just a shame, the place has a lot of potential to be a stunning property. I doubt I'll be back any time soon... but if I had to I'd stay there with the very few choices of lodging in this town.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Moonrover2004
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed one night here in late Sept. a Thursday night. Parking lot was almost empty. But the price was WAY above what it should be at this time of the year. We were in a first floor harbor-view room. It was clean and the bed was super comfortable...nice and soft like we like 'em. This place is ok if you just need a place to stay, which we did. We weren't on vacation but in the Hamptons on business.....so we didn't care about the pool, etc.
We were quoted a senior citizen rate over the phone but when we got there, of course, the rate was not reflected. I brought it to their attention and they did correct it.
The first thing the owners should do is do away with the OLD-FASHIONED FLORAL BEDSPREADS!! ewwwwww....who uses these any more???? Ever hear of duvets, washed every time like in Hampton Inns????
Second thing to be aware of is the minimal "continental" breakfast doesn't even start until 8:30. Nobody told us that and when we went to get some coffee in the morning, (there are NO coffee makers in the rooms) the only person around (at 7:30) was the night watchman. He told us breakfast doesn't start until 8:30 and when I asked "can you make a pot of coffee and grab a muffin for us?", he said everything was locked up. But he finally did kindly make some coffee and rounded up some cereal in little boxes and milk. I thank him for that. There seem to be plenty of tables for breakfast and the outside tables are probably wonderful in good weather.
So all in all, everything seems to be over-priced in the Hamptons and this place is no exception. I guess they charge the high prices because they can.

Date of stay: September 2013