“...who owns this place?”
Review of Sag Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sag Harbor
Sag Harbor Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sag Harbor
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here two times, in Spring and over the 4th July weekend. Sag Harbor is very dreamy and the hotel (it should be ranged motel…) location is perfect. The first time I stayed in a pink room, shockingly 1980’s with rattan furniture, powder pink and blue walls. This time I was on the ground floor, across the elevator in a blue room and the wind howled all night through the room (if you open the window…) Bathroom sink leaked, maid walked in on me three mornings… – You will find all the details of lacking service in previous comments; front desk mostly unfriendly, no “charm” throughout the place. For the charge and location provided their Continental breakfast should not be reduced to a few packages of cereal, milk, cheap OJ and weak coffee… In face of a new hotel construction next door, I am astonished there is no effort to compete – This place surely could use someone (like me) flipping the place back on track; foremost team-building, “real” breakfast and “modernization”… It’s an okay a place, affordable for a few nights rest – not my recommendation. Maybe the owners should visit?

Room Tip: If you like blue or pink, make sure you communicate this... get a 'harbor view' room; the ba...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank chefraphael

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Thankfully we were paying "off season" prices in May - with taxes $200./nite ! This was the best priced hotel in Hamptons area. The location is very nice. The Inn could tick off everything on your checklist. The hotel is worn and dated ,maybe last decorated in the 90's. But , our room was clean and had everything needed. ...refrigerator, hair dryer, wifi, desk, extra seating, etc. Our room was on the second floor and across from the marina docks. There was a deck with chairs....no cover overhead. The continental breakfast was basic, muffins ,bagels, cereal. In better weather there is an outdoor patio with a view of the harbor.
There was plenty of parking . Walking to town was doable. Bikes would be nice to bring along .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Glebegirl
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I recently had a girls getaway and stayed at the Sag Harbor Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful with info about the area. The rooms were spotless, brand new mattresses, and I loved the softness of the towels.There was excellent water pressure from the shower. Continental breakfast was a plus before we started our day in the charming town. Can't imagine how perfect a place it would be in prime season to sit out on the balcony with a glass of wine and enjoy the beautiful view of the marina and sunset. Will definitely be going back with my husband. Great value for the location!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mahjohnbabe
Reviewed 5 February 2014

It’s all about location, location at the Sag Harbor Inn. The rooms were spotless, offered nice amenities and great service -- and there’s a breakfast buffet served with fabulous water views of Sag Harbor Cove. This place can’t be beat for the water-view location, price, and it's a very short walk to town. I’ve stayed here before and I’ll return, again and again. For those who do not know the area, this is an insider's secret.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ProTvlWrtr
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My family stayed 1 night recently and the place was decent enough for just that. We didn't hang out there, we just needed to sleep there. The hotel is in a nice location, but the hotel seems run down. Maybe I was expecting more considering its in a high end area. The beds were worn and lumpy there was mold in the bathroom. The doors and furniture were also worn and old. Thankfully it was off peak season so we didn't pay much (about $100). It isn't worth any more than that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here one night on business. I must admit, I was quite excited to stay in the Hampton's... but this place was nothing spectacular. The hotel has a nice balcony or porch for each room that overlooks the marina... and for me that was the best part. The rooms were dated... appropriately decorated for the marine location.... but again, dated and worn. I can't say it was really a comfortable night... but it was suffice. The continental breakfast was nothing to write home about.... rather dull. I guess constantly being on the move, a piece of toast is not how I'm used to starting my day. Again, the place wasn't bad... I've been in a lot worse. It's just a shame, the place has a lot of potential to be a stunning property. I doubt I'll be back any time soon... but if I had to I'd stay there with the very few choices of lodging in this town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Moonrover2004
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed one night here in late Sept. a Thursday night. Parking lot was almost empty. But the price was WAY above what it should be at this time of the year. We were in a first floor harbor-view room. It was clean and the bed was super comfortable...nice and soft like we like 'em. This place is ok if you just need a place to stay, which we did. We weren't on vacation but in the Hamptons on business.....so we didn't care about the pool, etc.
We were quoted a senior citizen rate over the phone but when we got there, of course, the rate was not reflected. I brought it to their attention and they did correct it.
The first thing the owners should do is do away with the OLD-FASHIONED FLORAL BEDSPREADS!! ewwwwww....who uses these any more???? Ever hear of duvets, washed every time like in Hampton Inns????
Second thing to be aware of is the minimal "continental" breakfast doesn't even start until 8:30. Nobody told us that and when we went to get some coffee in the morning, (there are NO coffee makers in the rooms) the only person around (at 7:30) was the night watchman. He told us breakfast doesn't start until 8:30 and when I asked "can you make a pot of coffee and grab a muffin for us?", he said everything was locked up. But he finally did kindly make some coffee and rounded up some cereal in little boxes and milk. I thank him for that. There seem to be plenty of tables for breakfast and the outside tables are probably wonderful in good weather.
So all in all, everything seems to be over-priced in the Hamptons and this place is no exception. I guess they charge the high prices because they can.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Ocean Surf Resort
Ocean Surf Resort
#3 of 39 in Montauk
Cliffside Resort Condominiums

Been to Sag Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!