All reviewsbeach passesfire pitcontemporary decornearby beachreception arearoom was cleansmall bathroomlocal beachesclose proximityhad high hopesenjoyed our staylong weekendcoffee makerrokumotelgrouponbikes
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I have stayed at The Bungalows many, many times. When I have important clients in from the city, and even my family in town- we will only stay here. Place is spotless, perfect location, and very reasonably priced. Please don't ever change, and thank you for always loving all of my friends and family. I will be back next month, you make everything very user friendly and we all appreciate this very special place!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This place was just what we were looking for. Close proximity to the heart of Sag Harbor, and it's beautiful beaches. The rooms were styled very neatly, with a fresh modern vibe. The staff was accommodating and helpful with any questions we had about the area. They even had cute bikes to ride around town. All in all a great stay, you'll definitely be seeing us again!

1  Thank Casey G
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Terrible place...nothing like the pictures depict. Beds are platform beds that are not for anyone who struggles get up and down. Management is rude and unsympathetic. Location is on the highway. Looks like a cheap hotel on the outside! Would never recommend this place to anyone!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Adrian_Stivala, General Manager at Forever Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Guest,

We take every critique seriously. To that effect, I have done a meticulous search just now of our photos online and found them to be up to date -- we are not misrepresenting our rooms -- The Bungalows and the Hotel rooms are depicted online as they currently are. Considering that you were offered an upgrade for your room, which you accepted, I find your review a bit harsh... perhaps the bed height isn't ideal for every guest, as individual tastes are specific -- but I don't think it warrants a 1 out of 5 review. I'm also befuddled by your claim that management was rude and unsympathetic as we never had a chance to interact. However, if you wouldn't mind pointing out in which ways you felt I was rude, I'd be happy to address it. Feel free to reach me at adrian@foreverbungalows.com

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We left after only one night because of how dirty the room is and how disappointing the customer service is. The front desk person was not friendly and didn't offer information but did let me know that there is breakfast, only after I asked. The room itself was extremely humid and smelled so strongly of mold. The air conditioner, which we had to turn on, barely helped. The floor and sheets were stained. Mold was growing everywhere! There were dead bugs on all of the windows and in the corners. There were ants crawling around too. The "back deck" of the bungalow was not usable as it was covered in dirt and debris from the trees. We stayed for the night and tried to make it work but I'm the morning when we went to get breakfast the front desk person said they do not offer breakfast. When I asked why they had told us the night before that they do offer it, I was told "oh, there was a shortage at the farmers market." This makes no sense and we weren't offered any kind of voucher or apologies to make up for it. We decided to leave and not stay for the rest of our reservation. The manager did call to talk with me about our concerns and he was very kind. But offered no refund and only a chance for us to return and stay for free so the hotel could "redeem itself." The filth and lack of customer service on the front end are enough to keep us away from this hotel forever, even if the stay was free.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Adrian_Stivala, General Manager at Forever Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

To our readers on TripAdvisor:

This review is slander, and was published after threats were made that if no refund was issued a terrible review would surface. This is that review, plagued by falsehoods and fueled by a vindictive urge.

We NEVER leave a room dirty for a guest’s arrival. The room was inspected shortly after the guests’ departure, and claims that “dead bugs” were on all windows and corners is entirely untrue. No dead bugs were found on any of the windows, nor corners of the room for that matter. Our white wooden floors have been subject to heavy use throughout the summer, but while they show some use, they are not damaged or stained in any way. The bed sheets were fresh and clean. The back deck, cleaned that same day, may have collected natural debris from the trees (we are in the middle of the woods) shortly thereafter — especially considering the winds brought on by the recent hurricane season, but if it’s ever not to a guests liking, our staff makes every effort to fix it (meaning we would have been happy to re-sweep tree fallings if asked — we have a broom at the ready :) )

Our staff, as noted on many other online reviews, is nothing but friendly and accommodating. In this instance our Front Desk staff was confronted by a disgruntled customer well before 8am. Clearly there was some form of miscommunication, as our staff attempted to notify the guest that breakfast was delayed due to a delay at Harbor Market, (the Restaurant who prepares our breakfasts) not a shortage at the farmer’s market as stated in the review. In fact, an apology was made for this shortcoming in communication — the reviewer’s claim that no such apologies were made is false. Moments after the incident, breakfast was delivered to the hotel, shortly after the guest being unnecessarily confrontational with the staff.

Our cancellation policy does not honor refunds for cancellations made the day of, and this was explained in a courteous manner to the guests, personally, by me. I did offer a conciliatory experience at Forever Bungalows, (a free stay at a later date) as the complaints brought forth were not representative of the experience we want guests to have here. A guarantee was made that every effort would be made to reverse any issues previously experienced on their first stay — alas, the guest decided to deny the offer and slander us online instead.

Please take this review with a grain of salt, as it is little more than the vindictive tirade of an unhappy customer who had been given every courtesy and offered remedial options, but instead decided to assault and potentially damage our reputation.

Respectfully yours,

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here while doing some research on the local African-American beach communities. The place was clean and modern. Wife was a little disappointed that they didn't have an iron, microwave, or coffee maker. Think we may have come during a down period because we where looking for the bikes and other things that we had saw in photos of the bungalows. All in all an ok place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Adrian_Stivala, General Manager at Forever Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hello,

Thanks for the review. While we are not equipped for guests to iron their clothes in-room, we do offer use of our microwave in Front Desk, as well as the Keurig coffee machine located on the table right next to the microwave. We have now equipped some of our larger rooms with their own coffee maker -- I'm guessing you stayed in a Hotel Queen, which as of yet do not have their own. Our bikes are always ready for renting upon request, and we still offer beach passes as well. Be sure to inquire at Front Desk next time!

Best,