“Broken Jacuzzi and unpleasant staff member”
Review of Hotel Westgate

Hotel Westgate
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salamanca
Hotel Westgate
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Reviewed 25 April 2011

This hotel seemed to very nice. It was very clean, the first attendant at the desk was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and clean and we had a nice view. We had a jacuzzi suite because it was our anniversary. Everything seemed to be wonderful until our jacuzzi (the size of a sauna tub) plug didn't work so you would have to use a wash cloth to seal the hole and the shower curtain pole had two out of four screws out of the wall so you couldn't properly use the shower without the curtain constantly opening. Upon check out there was no clerk to be found and no clerk ever at the desk when we went to check out. Come to find out housekeeping was also the clerk. We asked if we could be reimbursed for the jacuzzi and be charged for a regular room since there was so much difficulty with the tub. She said she'd have to talk to her manager and call us back. No one ever called back so I called and she said absolutely no accommendations were to be given due to our lack of asking for a new plug that night. I explained that the two times we walked by the desk there was no clerk to report to and she exclaimed that was false because the clerk had seen us leave and return. I would've highly recommended this hotel until this incident. After their rudeness and lack of customer service I will DEFINETLY never return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amber06092
There are newer reviews for Hotel Westgate

Reviewed 9 November 2010

We were looking for a hotel to stay in while competiting in a local archery tournament and we called another hotel but they were remodeling and told us about Hotel Westgate.. We checked in and the lady behind the counter was very friendly .. Rooms were clean and the breakfast muffins and juice were fantastic.. One of the best rooms I have ever stayed in and the cost of it you would expect a lesser quality room but not the case..We allready booked our rooms for the 2011 tournament week..Cant wait to get back there..

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Hoytfanboy
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This is the worst hotel for the price I have ever stayed in. No amenities. The staff are as unfriendly and hard to find that I have ever seen in my life.I had no internet service. I mean come on even "cheap" motels have WI-FI.They offer no continental breakfast. There website VERY misleading.Pricing is ridiculous for the room you get. My girlfriend and I were suppose to celebrate our engagement. WOW was it a disappointment. I have stayed at roadside motels that would put this place to shame.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our infant son and our toddler son for one week while visiting family. We paid full price as we reserved our room over the telephone (prices are not listed online). We asked for and were given a large room (a 2-room suite). However, we were not informed that the room was a handicap room and had no bathtub, a pertinent detail for a family with 2 small children. Immediately after checking in, we had to request new bedding, because the linen on the beds was visible soiled. We had to replace all of the bedding ourselves. Despite this, my largest concern about this hotel is their professionalism and integrity. The hotel provides a modest continental breakfast of doughnuts, muffins, and bottled juice. Day after day (for four days in a row) I watched as the employee placed the same sad uneaten doughnuts and muffins from the day prior back into the case. In our one-week stay, the baked goods were fresh on two occasions. The hotel staff was sparse, and I noticed that their friends often stopped by to distract them. At the time of check-out, we had to search the hotel to find the one employee on duty to check us out. Needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I cared about.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Asheley
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Before attending a local fair, we searched every name brand hotel in the area, and they were either booked or out of our budget. The WestGate was available, and cheap! We decided we would take a chance and try them out, event though a few reviewers complained about the hotel staff.

When we checked in, there was no one to be found. A few minutes later, someone showed up to the front desk. We checked into the cheapest room, which was $84.99/night. The room was immaculate, modern, well appointed and would cost $150.00/night easily anywhere else.

My only complaint about the room was the pillows. They suck! Other than that, great room.

When we checked out thou, we couldn't find anyone at the front desk. We waited 5-10 minutes then left our room keys with a note on the desk. There really should be someone at the front desk at all times.

Other than that, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P1ckyTraveller
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I have travelled all over the world and have stayed in rooms from 5-star hotels to grubby hostels in makeshift quarters. In my 25 years of travelling I have NEVER had anything stolen from my room (granted, in the more questionable locations, I was more careful.) But I arrived here with my spouse and friends. We both had nice rooms, however the safes (in both rooms) were not working. I placed my cash purse with $300 CAD in the desk or on the desk and it went missing. I have looked through ALL my belongings and it simply vanished. Unfortunately, I did not notice it was missing until I arrived home and unpacked, otherwise, I would have gone to the police. The upsetting thing about this hotel is that when you read "boutique" in the description, you hope for 'boutique'-type service. I immediately addressed my stolen money with the management on the phone the next day and unfortunately, I felt that Renee was not helpful, nor sympathetic. After looking into the matter, she just apologized and that was it.

What was I expecting? I was expecting to have great customer service, empathetic understanding and the benefit of the doubt. I was disappointed. When you attend this hotel, please lock up your belongings. Get a safe that works.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cinja500
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Stayed here 2 nights for the first time. We were attending a family reunion and a high school reunion. The hotel bills itself as a boutique hotel, but I don't think they know what a boutique hotel is. It is a nice hotel just not boutique. It is located next to the Seneca Bingo hall,but never heard any noise. The casino is close by. Check in was easy. No luggage carts, which would have been a nice touch.
The regular room had 2 queen beds, a nice flat screen TV, a mini frig,microwave, Keurig single cup coffee machine with coffee and a sink. The bathroom was small but nice. The bedroom was lacking a decent bedside reading light. The complimentary wireless internet worked perfect.
There is a small clothes hanging area near door as well has a dresser.
The kitchenette tile and bathroom tile were very nice and new looking.
The telephone message light remained on the whole time despite telling the front desk-said they were having issues with it. The in room safe(by the bed) was locked from a previous guest.
The continental breakfast off the lobby was small but nice. Muffins,pastries, coffee and bottled juice.
The housekeeping staff were very friendly. Front desk ok.
The room drapery was not blackout,so if you are a light sleeper,this would not be good. There is also a strange door near mini frig area. This door does not open from the inside,not sure about the outside? It has a window in it that is not covered.
I heard that the building was originally slated to be office condos?
We were in room 105 on the first floor.(faced the rear of property)

• Stayed: July 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Best Western Plus University Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany

Been to Hotel Westgate? Share your experiences!