“was very disappointed from the last stay to this stay!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Westgate

Hotel Westgate
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salamanca
Hotel Westgate
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Emporium, Pennsylvania
“was very disappointed from the last stay to this stay!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Though the hotel sure went to the dogs from the last time I stayed there. We had to book the suite because all the rest were reserved because of the festival in Ellicottville. It wasn't clean, a couple bugs in the tub area, and no coffee pot. I also thought it was strange that it was a suite but no dishes, kitchen towels etc. When we arrived there was a pile of dirty bedding laying on the floor right outside our door. My husband told the front desk and they did pick them up but that was after all day long. All in all I was disappointed, one plus, the staff was nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Carolann E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We took a last minute trip to Ellicotville NY and were surprised to find everything booked or very expensive. We decided to try hotel westgate because of the vacancy sign outside. It was surprisingly very nice! The front desk guy was very nice, the room was unique and nicely done, and the price was good (with no tax!). If the maid was a little more attentive it would've earned a perfect rating. Noting big, just crumbs on the nightstand and a used towel left on the back of the bathroom door from previous guest. Overall it was very nice. I would definitely return and recommend it to friends!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank emadoah3
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I read the reviews before choosing this hotel, there is not much on this hotel so I was a little worried and didn't make reservations (you have to call to reserve) I preferred to wait until I was there to look around and decide. Unfortunately we had things come up and were not able to get there till 11pm. The area was fine there are fast food rest. Around, we got our room and it had a little kitchen, the bathroom was fine not the best, the beds are comfortable, we asked for a late check-out but the man at the service desk said "NO"!! But other than that we went for the casino only and it was convenient, well priced and I love the fact that we did not have to drive to seneca casino cause we were provided a shuttle bus with a very nice driver whom even did us a favor and took a pic. of us. Even though the casino is close by we were planning on having drinks since it is complementary at seneca. Great place to stay especially in my case which was girls night away to gamble and drink. Next time if I can't find a cheap rate for seneca I will stay here. Breakfast was donuts and bottle juice and not plenty. I wish they had late check-outs :) I gave average in cleaning because they missed some spots but nothing drastic.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Corazondulce
North Ridgeville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

Spent New Year's weekend and it was great. After reading the reviews I was very reluctant to stay but couldn't find another room. As it turned out, we were very pleased. We had a handicap room and it was very clean & spacious. Also had a mini fridge & a microwave. Staff was very helpful & friendly. We asked for directions to Seneca Alleghany and Amanda helped with that & even printed them out for us with a note to the day clerk to keep for us. Even tho there was no coffee pot in the room there was always coffee in the lobby (not far away from any room since there are only 22 rooms). As far as the continental breakfast was concerned it was a true continental breakfast which was fine with us. (coffee & donuts/muffins). Didn't need to have room made up everyday either but if we needed more bars of soap, shampoo or towels they were more than willing to give you what you needed. Used shuttle to casino on New Year's eve and the front desk called for it as soon as we asked them to. I would definitely stay there again and I want to thank Amanda for taking my calls & being honest with me when I voiced my concerns after reading some of the reviews before we traveled.

Room Tip: was given a handicap room since that was all that was left when I made the reservation for the same...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank carolsoltis
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

I had heard some mixed reviews so I wanted to see for myself. When I arrived the lady working the front desk was really nice and let me see a room first before I decided. The breakfast could be better, but she told me what it consisted of as I was checking in, so I already knew what to expect. The bed was very comfortable and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Matt_R32999
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I came to salamanca on business. When i checked into my room all seemed fine until i turned on the lights.the bed looked like it had been slept in , sheets were a mess, and the blanket cover was filthy. I went into the bathroom only to find a ring around the tub and hair in it. The toilet had dried urine around the outside of it , and there were spots of something all over the floor..I called the front desk and got no answer. I went down to the front desk only to find no one in sight. I was thoroughly disguisted, I can honestly see why this hotel is ranked last. I highly recommend they get a manager who knows how to run a hotel if they wish to stay in business.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank john c
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Positives :
I wanted to play Bingo and my husband had commitments so we stayed here in Salamanca. First off, if you love Bingo this is perfect, it is walking distance to the Bingo hall, a smoke shop sits infront of it, a dunkin donuts across the street, McDonalds less than a block away and the Casino shuttle takes you from here to the bingo hall if you can't walk it to the Seneca Allegheny casino for free. Toiletries are Panteen Products for Hair and Vasoline lotion. Room had microwave, minifridge and sink as well as cable TV. Elevator to 2nd floor as well.

Negatives :
1) Unless the manager steps it up quite a bit this place will probably be closed soon due to mismanagement. First off, no one is ever at the front desk. I saw in the 3 days i stayed there, them loose 3 separate customers because no one was at the desk to answer questions on cost of rooms or availability.

2) Layout of rooms is horrendous. Beds are so tight against the walls that if you are a couple, one of you will have to crawl into the bed from the end. Tons of room in the rooms - just very poor layout.

3) Housekeeping has a rule in the 'booklette' in the rooms that if you are staying multiple days, to even have your room serviced at all (i.e. fresh towels) you need to hang the sign on the door that says 'service please'. Don't bother as housekeeping will ignore this and if you report it to front desk (assuming someone is even there) you are told well i just got on i don't know what was going on from housekeeping what do you need. Wrong answer, wrong attitude. When i put up the sign to service my room at 8:30am and I come back at 4:30, I shouldn't have to wait on towels to get out of the dryer. Next day same thing - put the sign up again. The bathroom wasn't even cleaned as i saw soap scum from the previous day still in the tub. We are very tidy people but come on.... one of the days i was there i sat in the upstairs lounge working while my husband had things he was in the area to do and saw how not to run a housekeeping department - i sat where you literally can hear everything and only heard the vacuum ran twice. I wore shoes after that at all times. Oh and the front desk? They were part of housekeeping. I saw lots of towels being cleaned and moved around - very little sheets being removed and I know the hotel wasn't completely booked that day. Gross.

4) This hotel has major security issues. Housekeeping unlocks every door (no matter if people are staying in it or not) and then starts cleaning. I was able to see in every room and every room type simply by walking down the hall. Many times these rooms were open and no one else was on the floor. It's one thing to tell people to put belongings in a safe - it's another where if i was walking down the aisle as a woman along i could have been pulled into any room and jumped, raped or had someone go in my room and hide and jump me later. Housekeeping the one day they did service my room had left the door open and after 4pm i finally went back to the room and closed the door. There's making it easier on housekeeping and then there is blatantly adding a security risk into your hotel. They need to stop that process immediately.

5) The curtain rods like to fall down. When we reported this to the front desk that it fell and hit my husband all we were told was oh it happens all the time - housekeeping came, stepped atop a dresser, "fixed it" and left. Didn't even bother cleaning where she had just stepped on the furniture. Glad i had an antibacterial wipe to clean up her footprints but again - why did i have to do that at a hotel i was staying in? Later i discovered that the sheer drapery was falling down again - it slipped lose from her 'fix'. I went downstairs, tried to find someone, went back to my room and called the front desk - nothing. I figured forget it - i did my due dilligence - i shouldn't have to hunt and track down their staff to fix their own property. I let them know when i checked out that it'd fallen again i was told 'yeah it does that alot'. No apology, no concern - come on.

6) Yes, you have a mini-fridge. I don't want to know what was growing out of the drain hole that was green

7) Lobby music is not the channel lineup from Sirius that plays when you forget to pay the bill. Tacky. Just have silence if you aren't going to pay for it.

8) The 'continental' breakfast - on Saturday was a rack of doughnuts not put out until after 8am. On Sunday was a dozen muffins - on Monday was 4 left over Bran muffins. Only about a dozen orange juices and that's it.

9) Don't plan on having trash - there are NO trash cans on the property other than the very small ones in your room that again - they will forget to service. I've never been to a hotel before where there were no trash cans in the lobby, none in the lounge area, none by the elevators, none outside before entering the property - what, you aren't allowed to have trash?

10) No luggage carts to take your belongings up to your room.

11) No coffee maker in the room - not a problem for me but might be for some.

That's about it - wasn't bad wasn't great, wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ladykierra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford

Been to Hotel Westgate? Share your experiences!