“Very Nice, still a work in progress”
Review of Hotel Westgate

Hotel Westgate
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salamanca
Hotel Westgate
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I just recently stayed here for a 3 day weekend, the hotel is very clean and nice, rooms are clean beds are comfy although the sheets will not stay on the beds, they claim they have Wi-Fi but we could never get it In our rooms only the hallways, and that isn't what you want. also the key cards would only ever work for 1 night at a time, that became a pain. the breakfast was really good, loved the doughnuts although the hot breakfast left a little to be desired. The staff were very friendly and helpful, I know they just recently took over this hotel and I believe they will fix all the "bugs" very soon

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank smile_u_nut

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was here for just one night and was looking for an affordable, place. This hotel was ranked last on Tripadvisor, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and spacious, with a mini fridge and microwave. The only thing that bothered me was the loud heating/cooling system. The air blows loudly from the ceiling. The continental breakfast mid week is scarce: just Thomas bagels and Entenmann's pastries, and juices/coffeee/tea.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kinga S
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Mickey and the staff were very accommodating with our travel plans and needs. Very pleasant to deal with. Room was spacious and very clean. We do travel a lot and enjoy boutique hotels over chains. My suggestion to Mickey would be get better towels and pillows and nice coffee mugs rather than the tiny plastic cups. Boutique hotels need to have some extra special touches. Overall it was fine.

Room Tip: We had an end room, nice!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anne P
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Though the hotel sure went to the dogs from the last time I stayed there. We had to book the suite because all the rest were reserved because of the festival in Ellicottville. It wasn't clean, a couple bugs in the tub area, and no coffee pot. I also thought it was strange that it was a suite but no dishes, kitchen towels etc. When we arrived there was a pile of dirty bedding laying on the floor right outside our door. My husband told the front desk and they did pick them up but that was after all day long. All in all I was disappointed, one plus, the staff was nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carolann E
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We took a last minute trip to Ellicotville NY and were surprised to find everything booked or very expensive. We decided to try hotel westgate because of the vacancy sign outside. It was surprisingly very nice! The front desk guy was very nice, the room was unique and nicely done, and the price was good (with no tax!). If the maid was a little more attentive it would've earned a perfect rating. Noting big, just crumbs on the nightstand and a used towel left on the back of the bathroom door from previous guest. Overall it was very nice. I would definitely return and recommend it to friends!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank emadoah3
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I read the reviews before choosing this hotel, there is not much on this hotel so I was a little worried and didn't make reservations (you have to call to reserve) I preferred to wait until I was there to look around and decide. Unfortunately we had things come up and were not able to get there till 11pm. The area was fine there are fast food rest. Around, we got our room and it had a little kitchen, the bathroom was fine not the best, the beds are comfortable, we asked for a late check-out but the man at the service desk said "NO"!! But other than that we went for the casino only and it was convenient, well priced and I love the fact that we did not have to drive to seneca casino cause we were provided a shuttle bus with a very nice driver whom even did us a favor and took a pic. of us. Even though the casino is close by we were planning on having drinks since it is complementary at seneca. Great place to stay especially in my case which was girls night away to gamble and drink. Next time if I can't find a cheap rate for seneca I will stay here. Breakfast was donuts and bottle juice and not plenty. I wish they had late check-outs :) I gave average in cleaning because they missed some spots but nothing drastic.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Corazondulce
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Spent New Year's weekend and it was great. After reading the reviews I was very reluctant to stay but couldn't find another room. As it turned out, we were very pleased. We had a handicap room and it was very clean & spacious. Also had a mini fridge & a microwave. Staff was very helpful & friendly. We asked for directions to Seneca Alleghany and Amanda helped with that & even printed them out for us with a note to the day clerk to keep for us. Even tho there was no coffee pot in the room there was always coffee in the lobby (not far away from any room since there are only 22 rooms). As far as the continental breakfast was concerned it was a true continental breakfast which was fine with us. (coffee & donuts/muffins). Didn't need to have room made up everyday either but if we needed more bars of soap, shampoo or towels they were more than willing to give you what you needed. Used shuttle to casino on New Year's eve and the front desk called for it as soon as we asked them to. I would definitely stay there again and I want to thank Amanda for taking my calls & being honest with me when I voiced my concerns after reading some of the reviews before we traveled.

Room Tip: was given a handicap room since that was all that was left when I made the reservation for the same...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank carolsoltis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford

Been to Hotel Westgate? Share your experiences!