“Hotel has gone downhill since last time I stayed here”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed at this location about five times and have given it high marks until last Saturday & Sunday.
I got the rooms (2) and told the guy at the desk to give the other room and the key to the other person that was going to show up after a while. We wrote his name on the envelope and put the keys inside. I went to my room and immediately right off the bat found someone had trimmed their bangs (hair) in my bathroom sink. GROSS! Well at least none of their hair was in my bed. I left and got a call from the person that was in our other room, he had been to the desk and the two girls that were now at the desk couldn't find his envelope with the keys in it! Man! can't they get anything straight? Every other time I had stayed here there was a woman named Ruth Ann Zink that was the nicest manager I ever had and another real nice desk lady named Cindy that always went out of their way to welcome myself and my band members. Sorry to hear that she and the other nice lady have been replaced and now it's just unorganized and not so clean. Come to find out now everyone is related, the manager, his brother and his sister is the housekeeping head. Go figure

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank wcedgar
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear wcedgar,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Salamanca and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff and the cleanliness of your room. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

If there is anything else that we can do to help remedy your experience, please do not hesitate to contact the Manager on Duty.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 July 2012

My rating is based on price paid to stay one night at this hotel. If this was running in the $99 range, I could see myself giving this hotel a higher rating.

This is your standard Holiday Inn Express Hotel. Nothing more then that. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean. It seems a lot of people stay here to go to the casino which is close.

I would most likely stay here again but think the price paid was higher then the value received.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here, so we could go to the casino. Room was clean and staff nice. But the hotel told us there was a shuttle to casino. We took it and before midnight went to the pickup spot. Waited saw the bus parked then my husband saw the driver and he said they would be right back (in another vehicle picking up other hotel guests). We waited and waited nobody came back we ended up at 12:20 am walking back to the hotel in the dark. Was not what I envisioned but it worked. Told the desk clerk when we came back. Sorry that's the casino's shuttle, gave me the number to call the casino, he would call also. So needless to say nobody really cared......

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear 1traveler1962,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness and nice staff.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the shuttle service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 June 2012

This hotel is conveniently very close to the expressway exit. They have hot tea, and coffee available all day, I liked this. the breakfast selection was nice, there was cheese omelets, and danishes, cereal, milk, and yogurt.

One detracting thing was that when I checked it, the desk clerk said that my room was just recently converted from a smoking room to a non-smoking room. However, upon arrival to the room, there were still 3 ashtrays in the room, which means that the desk clerk was deceiving me by saying that it was converted. There was still a lingering smell of smoke in the room.

I was thinking about swimming in the indoor poll, but asked some pre-teen kids that I saw at the elevator, how the pool was, and the all said that the pool was "boiling hot".

Room Tip: If the desk clerk says that the room is non-smoking, borrow the key, and check it out.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for my anniversary and the hotel did a wonderful job in making us feel special. The room was clean, the hot tub was fantastic. My only complaint was the fireplace was not working. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed here 1 night on business. This is the smallest HIE I've seen; only 2 floors. I was greated nicely by the front desk staff and offered a complementary snack (as a PC memeber). The room (on second floor) was very nice. Spacious and clean. Bed and pillows were comfy. The breakfast was typical HIE fare. The breakfast room is very nice, probably one of the better I've seen.

I think the main attractions here is the nearby casino, but I'm not a gambler so not for me. There's a burger king next door if you need a quick bite.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Not a bad HIE. I've stayed at batter and I've stayed at worse. What I like....large clean rooms, great pool and hot tub, friendly staff. We didn't go to the casino but it's close by and they have a shuttle that runs back and forth. What I didn't care for....not very soundproof exercise equipment is not high quality and there was no shampoo in the bathroom. But right off the freeway so very convenient.

Room Tip: Get a king for the most room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Best Western Plus University Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca? Share your experiences!