Stayed July 31, 2014 - Never having visited the area before, we reserved a whirlpool suite at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca for a short 33 year Anniversary get-away. We weren't sure what to expect but upon arrival it was set back away from the highway and tucked in picturesquely at the base of the Allegany mountains. Chris at the front desk was so friendly and helpful that it felt like we were visiting a friend! Our room was a very pleasant surprise! We have never stayed in a room as spotlessly clean as this one. Our bed with its choice of pillows was so comfy and the whirlpool provided exactly the relaxation we needed. The mini-fridge and microwave were great for late evening snacks. The pool area was as comfortable and spotless as our room and we enjoyed swimming in the perfect temperature water. The breakfast room, tastefully decorated with Native items, was large enough to accommodate a good number of guests while still maintaining a cozy atmosphere. The food choices were so many that I had a difficult time deciding what I wanted. Everything was very fresh and our hostess was constantly keeping containers filled and asking to assist anyone who needed help.
The area residents were also very friendly and welcoming. We spent our day visiting Salamanca Mall Antiques, Salamanca Rail Museum and a number of local shops/restaurants. There was literally nothing negative and everything positive about our stay. This hotel was the best one we've ever visited. We aren't sure we'll ever be back to the area again - but we highly recommend Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salamanca to anyone who is passing through. And as a suggestion... we also recommend that all Holiday Inn managers & staff take note and perhaps even train at this location - because they've got it right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca is a hotel boasting 68 rooms and featuring 17 suites and 1 KidSuite. Centrally located in Salamanca, NY, the gateway to Allegany State Park and the Enchanted Mountain Region. Adjacent to Seneca Gaming & Entertainment and Seneca-Iroquois National Museum. Located 1/4 mile from the exciting Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel whom provides a shuttle to and from both casinos. The hotel features many amenities and is also situated very close to Allegany State Park, ski slopes of Holiday Valley and HoliMont, golf courses, St. Bonaventure University and many more local attractions. Hotel sits on the only city in the USA that is an Indian Reservation, the Seneca Iroquis Indian Reservation. The Holiday Inn Express is TAX EXEMPT and also provides free high speed Internet and free delux continental breakfast and adding healthy new breakfast choices. Stay five times per year and get one night free!! STAY SMART--STAY WITH US!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Salamanca
- Holiday Inn Salamanca
- Holiday Inn Express Salamanca
- Salamanca Holiday Inn