“Second stay - great rooms - nice area”

Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Irwin
“Second stay - great rooms - nice area”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was the second time my wife and I have stayed at this hotel. The rooms are beautiful. The casino is nice. We ate at the Seneca Cafe (24 hours 7 days a week). There is a lot on the menu. The serving sizes were large, the food was good and moderately priced. We both enjoyed our meals. If you are looking for something to do in the area, there is a huge antique mall in downtown Salamanca. There also is a town called Elllicottville around 10-15 minutes away on 219 north with a quaint main street. Lots of small shops and restaurants. If you are into nature, a short ride away is the Allegany State park. It is about a 45 minute round trip ride from the hotel to the Red House Lake section of the park. We didn't see any bears but did see a fox and a loon on the lake. The staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly. We went in the middle of the week so all the hotel restaurants are not open. The front desk will tell you upon check-in what is open and the hours. All in all this is a nice place. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas M
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi, Thomas M! Thank you for such a rave review--you covered a lot ground during your stay and even ventured out the Allegany State Park and we genuinely appreciate your feedback. It's always a surprise to our 1st time guests when they find out just how close we are to Ellicottville and it's great golf and skiing.
Thanks again, Thomas M, and we hope to serve you again soon!
M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here with friends who got the room with her comps. The room was very clean. The walk in shower is beautiful, but the pillows are too puffy for my taste. We ate the buffet for dinner. They had a good selection. Prime rib, shrimp, chicken soup, an asian section, Italian section, desserts, and salad bar. I agree with a previous reviewer that the salad bar had unhealthy selections. There were no greens, just iceburg letttuce. The casino & restaurants are immaculate. The smoking section of the casino really smelled of smoke, so I went to the non smoking section. The pool & hot tub were nice, but the hot tub outside had no powerful jets. I got a $20 bill stuck in the bill changer machine, & the staff took a little while to get there. This was on a Thursday night. I agree with another reviewer that the machines are tight. I had no problem with the staff. The housekeeping lady said hello right away, & our waitress in the bufffet restaurant was very nice. The casino staff that I dealt with were not very friendly. I would stay here again & recommend it. The drink waitresses in the casino were very attentive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jsteng60
Hello, jsteng60! Thank you for tagging along with your friend and taking the time to share your experience. We truly appreciate the feedback and I look forward to sharing your thoughts with our team as we are always striving to improve our offerings and services to ensure your many happy returns.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I would have given this hotel five stars because the property is beautiful, the rooms are spacious and clean, casino is great and they have awesome restaurants but because of the rude staff, I am giving it a three. This was my second time at Allegany and the second was the same as the first. I just thought I would give it another try, I will not make the same mistake again. Not everyone, but most of the staff treats you like hey have somewhere better too be and that your business isn't appreciated. You are in he hospitality industry, please act like it. This hotel makes me feel uncomfortable and u welcomed. I will stick to Seneca Niagara from now on, where they appreciate your business and that appreciation comes through with the service.

2 Thank EmilyMay93
Good day, EmilyMay93, and thank you for choosing Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino. While I'm thrilled to hear that you found us to be beautiful, clean, and spacious, I'd much appreciate any additional feedback you might provide regarding your experience with our team. Would you kindly contact me at info@senecaalleganycasino.com to discuss further? Your feedback is a valuable tool for us learn, grow and ultimately improve your future stays with us.
Kind regards,
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My family and I visited this property for a mini getaway for one night. The building is nice, casino is very nice. The staff did not seem to care too much in any department (front desk or the 24hour restaurant). However, the housekeepers I came encounter with were very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were spacious, and bathrooms were better than most hotel bathrooms. Our room was clean, but the pillows were the most uncomfortable pillows ever!! We would return to the casino, and probably the hotel, but we would not eat at this property again, and we would bring our own pillows!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi, ashleycolpoys9, and thank you for your recent stay and feedback. We know that service is what will keep our guests returning and I do understand how frustrating it can be when expecations are not met. Please contact me directly when considering your next getaway and I would be most happy to make your upcoming stay a memorable one that represents our committment to providing luxury, 4-diamond service.
Kind regards,
Endicott, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had a two night reservation but left after one night. Arrived at 2:30 PM but couldn't check in until after 5 PM because rooms were not cleaned or inspected. Apparently the inspection was cursory as I found pubic hairs on the bed and long hairs in the bathroom. Ate at Patria and I can tell you to save your money, the food there is mediocre and the service is lacking - our server - Brooke - was pretty much non-existent after taking our order. I understand on a Monday the staffing might be reduced but trying to get a beverage on the casino floor required a cocktail waitress hunt that was often unsuccessful. Slots are tight, dealers disinterested. I was told by an employee the hotel is often close to capacity so perhaps they believe customer service is something for other organizations but given that several new casinos will be opening in New York State soon they might want to consider better service to keep those customers long term. Overall a disappointing experience.

Room Tip: Get one in Atlantic City
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T K
New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel staff and everyone that we came into contact with were friendly and helpful.

Our room was very clean and beautiful. There was no tub, just a walk-in shower and I loved that. It was very possibly the nicest hotel room I've ever had, but it was more expensive than rooms I normally book.

We saw the John Legend Show in the Event Center. Our seats were in the back and there was a lot of talking with people talking to the ushers trying to find their seat. This continued long into the performance and that was distracting.

The non-smoking casino could only be reached by walking through the smoking casino.

I thought that the restaurant in the hotel had good food and good selection and the price was not more than I would have expected somewhere else. The buffet restaurant seemed too expensive to me $25 on Friday.

We had a nice weekend away and the people were wonderful! I would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Mary Anne D
Mary Anne D, wasn't that a great weekend indeed! A first class show at a first class property. We're so happy to hear that your stay was one to share with others.
Have a great day and please come again soon as we have more great entertainment coming every month.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The room was very nicely decorated, clean and quiet. Front desk staff and housekeeping were great.

To get to the buffet restaurant you have to walk through the casino, including the awful smoking section. Technically you could go outside and around.

Food: Dinner buffet 18.99 or 16.99 with player card. The roast beef is excellent, but literally everything else was mediocre. Gulf shrimp were watery and bland, lots of greasy, sugary foods ( ribs, wings, pasta) but no fresh, steamed vegetables. The salad bar looked fine, but it was all about sugary, oily foods, not fresh, quality produce. Mushrooms in oil, pickled beets, corn, pasta salad, iceberg lettuce. I would like to see real lettuce ( romaine or mesculun mix), fresh tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, plain beets, blue cheese crumbles, nuts, etc.
I'm probably way to picky as I saw lots of (large)people chowing down without complaint. I guess as buffets go it was OK, but overpriced for the quality of food.
Went to the 2nd floor café restaurant Sunday morning and had a gross, dishwater coffee for $3.00. What a rip! No espresso machines. We checked the menu for the steakhouse, thinking we might treat ourselves, but it was over the top expensive. Going from memory, but I think steak was around $55.00.

The casino was very quiet for a Saturday night, no entertainment and the dealers seemed disinterested. Everybody going through the motions.

This place tagged on 15.00 per night "resort" fee. I feel "resort fees" are a hidden cash grab, usually appearing after you've booked and should only be applied to those who intend to use "
resort" facilities like pool, spa, etc.

Nothing to return for here. Seen it-done it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank emengee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!