“Beautiful room but be prepared to pay a 15.00 resort fee”

Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The place is hardly a resort
it's a place to stay. When booking this room I had no clue there was a 15.00 resort fee even at check in I guess I missed the very very fine print I could have stayed at the holiday in express across the street for less and they include breakfast you have to pay here at the very very bad buffet look at my review there following this review. The room was brand new very nice and cozy but the resort fee is nickel and dimming will never stay here again because of this. It's new york state not las vegas good luck

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Anthony W

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I live very close to buffalo creek casino and seneca niagara casino. I recently visited alleghany casino with my family I loved the scenic drive to get there. The hotel rooms we had were very clean and did not smell of cigarettes, cigars etc. We also ate at a couple of the restaurants and the food was very good. The view from my room was very nice and quiet which I enjoyed. Very relaxing. The visit inside the casino itself was a nice experience because I felt safe unlike the other casinos and they have very good air circulation on the gaming floor. They can improve bye letting you win a little more. Overall I will be back there very soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the roads, McDonalds side if not a suite. (The third floor was very quiet)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cad309
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you so much, cad309, for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We strive to ensure your comfort and look forward to your happy--and winning--returns!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Beautiful hotel/restaurants/casino located within the Indian nation. Not much to look at when you drive up, but once on go inside -- wow! what a difference. The buffet was very good and typically priced for casino buffets but with a better quality food. The rooms were large and nicely decorated. Take time to go around the borders of the casino and read up on some of the Indian decorations and facts. Casino nicely kept and slots were not too tight. Enjoyed our trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good day, tmrdmr, and thank you for sharing your experience! We take great pride in our resort destination and I'm thrilled to hear that you noticed our attention to luxury, detail and cleanliness. We also showcase some amazing native artwork outside at our porte-cochère and wonderful clan sculptures along our front drive. Be sure to check out the Seneca-Iroquois National Museum next time for even more works and history!
Have a wonderful day, tmrdmr, and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Beautiful, clean , and comfortable casino hotel. If you only come to gamble, eat, and sleep - you'll love it. If your coming for more than that - good luck! The hotel is literally out in the middle of nothing. If you venture out, there is a McDonalds and Burger King to wow your appetite. Otherwise, plan on a half hour drive to the next city.

Also, casino was tight........as fast as we played , is as fast as they took it. I'm hopeful their taking all our money to at least build some things to do or visit around there. Even a movie theater or a bowling alley would do wonders out there.....can anyone say Applebee's or IHOP.....?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Turk182

Hi, Turk182, and thank you for your recent stay and feedback! It's great to hear that you noticed our attention to cleanliness and comfort. As for location, many of our guests rave that we are a refreshing getaway from the typical suburban sprawl with a dazzling array of dining options all within our destination resort.
Turk182, thank you again and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

in a scenic part of Catt County. Small but very clean. good parking and nice theater albeit they use paDdded chairs for concerts. Nice landscaping but nothing much else around except a mcdonalds. Somewhat hard to find for first timers as no signs on the roads guide like their other casinos. Lots of great concerts this season too.

Room Tip: all room s ok but pricey for the location
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you, pat b, for your stay and for sharing your experience. It's amazing how 400 rooms, 33 table games, 2000 machines, 6 dining outlets, a spa and salon, pool deck and event center can feel so intimate. It's the charm of Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino that we strive to deliver each and every day.
You also bring up a great point and one that has not gone unnoticed. We are all looking forward to the completion of overdue road work along I-86. It's been a challenge to our patrons and team members alike in reaching us and we are thrilled that work will be completed within the next 2 months.
pat b, thank you again and we hope to see you again soon--we've got a great fall concert line up!
All the best,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

very nice rooms, and the pools is large with inside and outside hot tub. was disappointed that the cafe upstairs quit doing breakfast all day. the gift shop is alittle pricey but there is a gift shop by the sandwich shop that is 10 dollars for most stuff. there is an indian museum down the road and a shop to shop at. they have bingo in another building down the road with the poker games and some slots.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Greetings, mawbitt! Thank you for your recent stay and review! I'm personally delighted to hear that your getaway was a success and that you also made it over to the Seneca-Iroquios National Museum, too! In regard to breakfast dining, I did confirm that our breakfast menu is available almost all day, with the exception of 4PM-11PM when our culinary team focuses on serving our Lunch and Dinner offerings with the same quality effort we afford to Breakfast.
Have a great day, mawbitt, and we look forward to serving you again soon,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Location – In Salamanca, just a little outside the town, in the Southern Tier of New York state. Short drives to Ellicottville and Jamestown. From now until mid-October, I-86 is closed for three exits so you have to get off at exit 23, and drive through the town. I mention this because if you are going for a show at the events center, expect delays.

Check-in – After sitting in traffic for almost an hour, I quickly found a spot in the (free) self-park garage and made the short walk to the hotel lobby. Despite a busy night at the casino, I had no wait at the front desk. The receptionist had my reservation ready, and was very pleasant, even when reminding me about the $25 resort fee. I quickly got my key and went to my room.

Room – I booked a Deluxe King room, and it is quite large, with a very subdued décor. There is even a small vanity area with tall mirrors on the walls and an adjustable halo mirror. There are an abundance of light switches in the room, so you never have to fumble around in the dark, or walk half way across the room to turn a light out. There is a lot of storage space with two wardrobes (one containing an ironing board) and wide drawers. The TV is a big flat screen with a nice range of channels including some HBOs. There is also a fridge hidden in an armoire with coffee/tea making on top. There is a nice size table as well as a desk. There are plenty of outlets on and around the desk. While the description of the room says there is wireless internet, it is not mentioned that this comes at a cost of $10/day. Plenty of hotels charge for net access, but this seems pretty cheap after you have already been charged a $25 ‘resort fee’. The room description also mentions that the room “overlooks the magnificent Alleghany Mountains”, but actually the majority of the view looks at the rooms opposite, with the mountains off to the side. The bathroom is quite large with a very nice oversized shower, and a door for the toilet, which many hotels don’t have. The bathroom sink area is spacious and they provide classy Gilchrist & Soames toiletries. The bed was very comfortable with nice firm pillows.

Restaurant – I only tried the Seneca Café, and had the breakfast buffet. For the price it was decent enough, with a small range of breakfast foods (eggs, sausage, bacon, French toast, potatoes) plus some fruit and pastries. Food was good; service was excellent, set in a respectable design scheme (chic Indian Casino).

Amenities – I used the fitness center, and while not large and probably missing some piece of equipment you might want, it has what you need for most workouts. There was a free USA Today by the elevator.

Check-out – My bill was correct, so returned the key at check out with no wait and left.

If you are coming for an event, being able to stay at the hotel is a definite plus. A smoky walk through the casino to your room is preferable to a slow drive out of the garage, and then home. However, if you just happen to be in the area, and don’t want (or need) that much space and luxury (and don’t want to spend a lot), you should probably look at other options.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Marc P, Vice President of Resort Operations at Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Wow, UJ99, you covered a lot of ground in your comprehensive review! Thank you for sharing your experience--an accurate account of what many can expect, right down to our bath amenities!
Just a couple of quick, but important notes:
* We offer FREE WiFi in every guest room, public areas, gaming floor, dining outlets and even our meeting space and Event Center since 2012. In fact, we were one of the first casinos anywhere to offer it complimentary.
* The daily resort fee is $15/day for deluxe rooms and $25 for suite accommodations.

UJ99, would you kindly contact me directly should your folio reflect any other amounts and I would be happy to address immediately?
Thanks again,
M

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Inn at Holiday Valley
Inn at Holiday Valley
#2 of 5 in Ellicottville
Best Western Plus University Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!