“Beautiful Mountain Area” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salamanca
Barrie, Canada
“Beautiful Mountain Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed at Seneca Allegany for 3 nights. Our room was as expected, 5 star. This area is so peaceful and stress free, the green mountains are so beautiful to look at in the morning. The casino is larger than I expected which was great, lots of machines to choose from however the machines were very tight. As for the complaints of the smoke.....there is a very tiny non smoking area however I believe most of the non smokers were out in the smoking area as there are more machines to choose from. My friend who came with me is a non smoker and he said the smoke wasn't too bad at all. We ate at the buffet for dinner which was good and in the mornings I would go up the escalator to the café and get a take out tea and bagel. I also went for a haircut at the Seneca Salon which was only $39.00, my hair turned out great.
Even though we didn't win anything we had a great time and will return next summer because the Allegany mountains are so beautiful to look at.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank palmtreesandsun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Dubois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We love the Seneca hotel and Resort & Casino. We stay once a month in this resort !
It is a great place for some fun and relaxation ! De rooms are beautiful ,large, and well organized and some have a great view. The restaurants serve great food. We like the buffet who has a great selection of food. The hotel is only 10 miles from Holyday Valley ski and golf resort.
The casino has a variety of slots and have a very friendly staff. The pool area is also very nice and well kept. We will be back again,..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bruggeling
crystal lake IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful but what really makes it a standout is the service. Spotless rooms, excellent food options and just about the friendliest staff I have ever encountered . The casino has a huge variety of slots and the machines are always in working order and spotless.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank n4o1r3m5e2
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Last week my husband and I went to Seneca Allegany for a 2 day get away. This is the 3rd time we have been to, and stayed in, this resort. The rooms are beautiful - very spacious, nice furnishings, and a great view of the local mountains. The rooms are also the cleanest rooms I have stayed in anywhere. We have stayed in some bigger name hotels that, in my opinion, should have been much better based on their reputation, but Seneca really tops all of them. The first time you think maybe you just got lucky, but after 3 stays with impeccable rooms there is no doubt this is their standard. When I washed my hands I splashed the mirror a little and had to wipe it off because everything else was so clean it makes you want to maintain that environment.
Additionally, everyone in the hotel was very friendly. The casino is a little smoky, but that is the price you pay when you are a nonsmoker in a casino. The surrounding area actually has quite a few options if you aren't into gambling. We drove to Olean to see the squirrels (didn't see any live ones, though...) and went in a fabulous hardware store that has everything you could imagine! A short drive in just about any direction will lead you to some type of activity, museum, etc.
We will certainly be back! Actually we talked about going back this week because we love it so much, but that isn't very responsible - LOL!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lovinatlanticcity
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This is my 4th staying at this resort. Little disappointed this past visit. Room was very cold no matter what we set the thermostat to. I don't if this changed from my previous visit but the room did not have a regular lock on the inside just a door stopper. Seneca cafe slow service. Ordered 2 bowls of soup, a cheeseburger, soup and salad and an order of cheese sticks. Took 45 minutes to come out and for a thursday night the cafe was not busy. Couple of cheese sticks came out with no cheese in them due to over frying them. Spoke to a manager about the poor service and only knocked the cheese sticks off the bill. Pool was nice but the hot tub was way to hot less then a minute in and you sweated too much. Casino was nice as always but for paying $177 on a friday night. Ill stick to my home casino here in niagara.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue B
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

If you enjoy scenic beautiful escape from noisy busy life, I recommend you to visit Seneca Allegany Hotel and Casino. We loved our two trips during the summer of 2014.
Rooms were spacious. Suites are treats, if you are lucky to get ones. View from the rooms overlooking mountain with lush green trees were very soothing. My wife visited spa for pedicure and manicure and enjoyed it. Food was good, but coffee could be better. We plan to visit again, if we get a suite.

A Retired Canadian Academic

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Rashid K
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My friend and I stayed 2 nights at this beautiful hotel .I can think of nothing to criticize .
The hotel room was large , beautifully decorated and contained all of the "extras" that make a hotel stay comfortable. The bedroom area and the bathroom were both spotlessly clean .
I found that the cigarette smoke ,which unfortunately is still allowed in casinos in The States , was not nearly as bad as in the Seneca Niagara Casino .
The dinner buffet had a delicious variety of foods and the dining area was clean and the servers
friendly and attentive.
We had no trouble at all checking in and the people at the desk were very helpful with advice about places to visit in areas around the hotel . They also provided us with exact printed instructions to get back to Canada. We had taken a circuitous route to get there and really appreciated their help. We found any staff member with whom we interacted to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Beemby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany

Been to Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!