“business trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hopkins House Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Very relaxed and accommodating. Nice change from hotels on business. Charlie and Aggie deliver a perfect mix of company and space to make you feel comfortable. Charlie satisfied my need for an early breakfast with grace and conversation.

Pete Perron

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center. 7 miles into town on your bicycle. Perfect!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hopkins House Farm Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 14 August 2012

This was a wonderful Bed and Breakfast for us to stop and have a little Rest and Relaxation during our travels from Maine to Maryland. The location was fabulous, we were close to tons of antique shops where we picked up a few goodies and also had the opportunity to visit Lake George which was only about 1/2 hour away. The interior of the home is filled with many antiques books and paintings to enjoy - for me, it was "eye candy". Especially loved hearing my boyfriends niece play beautiful music on the grand piano... and the dining room (incredibly warm and inviting) allowed all of us to enjoy wonderful breakfasts together - just loved the way they ground that coffee in the old time crank grinder, its on my list to get one for myself to remind me of my stay at Hopkins Farm Bed & Breakfast. My son fished on the small pond and believe it or not actually caught his first fish, he was so proud, the fish was huge. And he just loved all the animals, especially the donkey's.... Just couldn't get enough, cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely. Thank You Charles and Aggy for a wonderful stay at Hopkins House Bed &...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to stay at the Hopkins House Bed and Breakfast Farm after being invited to a wedding reception near Salem. Charlie and Aggie made us feel right at home in this incredible house (it's over 200 years old!). Our room was very comfortable, breakfast was fresh and delicious, and the house and grounds are absolutely lovely. Beautiful scenery, wonderful people, overall a fantastic and incredibly relaxing stay. If you make it out here, be sure to say hi to all the animals that call this farm their home - it was the highlight of our stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We just stayed with Charlie and Aggie for the 3rd time and my 6 year old son always feels very welcome. Charlie and Aggie are used to having their grandchildren around and are so great with my son. They take him to visit the donkeys with carrots, suggest games he might like from their cache of children's games, puzzles, etc., answer his endless questions and cook him what he likes for breakfast!! It doesn't get much better than this! I've really enjoyed getting to know Charlie and Aggie. Their comfy, casual, beautiful house suits us perfectly. They serve delicious fresh food - it is only a pleasure staying with them.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Staying at the Hopkins House Farm B &B was the really enjoyable. The old farm house and the farm views made you feel like you were in a different place and time, very relaxing. Charlie and Aggy are wonderful people, made you feel so comfortable, right at home. Brandy their dog and Sizzle the Cat and the Donkeys added to the great feeling you got from staying at such a wonderful place. Go and enjoy ,you won't be dissappointed :)

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Staying at this B + B is more like staying with some very wealthy friends. The house is very big, beautifully decorated, has high ceilings and great charm. The breakfast was scrumptious and Charlie and Aggy are welcoming and warm.

Room Tip: We loved the Van Buren room... with three windows and amazing bucolic views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My girlfriend and I just recently returned from a stay at the Hopkins House Farm Bed and Breakfast and was extremely happy with everything. The hosts, Charlie and Aggy were so friendly and hospitable. We loved their dog, Brandy, and Charlie brought us into the pen to feed the donkey's. The accommodations were fantastic. The rooms were clean and bright. The bed was beyond comfortable and we could have stayed in it all day. When we did finally drag ourselves out of bed, we were greeted with a delicious homemade breakfast of french toast, granola, bacon, orange juice, freshly ground coffee, fresh fruit and anything else we wanted. Having breakfast with the hosts really made it feel even more at home.

Having never personally stayed at a B&B, I didn't know what to expect. I can honestly say, it was a great experience. We were made to feel very comfortable and had a great time. When we return to the area (probably in the fall) we are certainly going to be staying there again.

Thank you, Charlie and Aggy for the great experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Hopkins House Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!