“Charm, warmth and hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hopkins House Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2012

From the first moment I walked into Hopkins House with my very large dog, we felt welcomed. The house is a delight - from the 1932, 8 burner Magic Chef enameled stove in the kitchen, to the wood burning stove on the brick surround that Charlie and Aggy built. Copper tea kettles, and comfy rocking chairs add to the ambience and Brandy, their lab looks over everything from the vantage point of her bed. I suppose, I should mention the Palladian windows, fan lights at the front door, the gracious architectural proportions, and wide board flooring that are all part of the Hopkins House charm. But honestly, they pale in comparison to the comfiest bed I have ever slept in, and the warmth and hospitality of Aggy and her husband, Charlie. It was hard to leave the bed, but I did, early on Sunday morning, to come downstairs and find Charlie amidst the warmth of the wood stove, hand grinding the coffee he had just roasted. Could it get better? Well, yes. Breakfast was offered - a dazzling array of choices. I went with the Duveen Scramble- Charlie's own concoction of freshly laid eggs, with onion, broccoli florets and cheese, and some whole meal toast which was delicious, and Max my Mastiff/Lab cross enjoyed his first peanut butter spoonful, generously offered by Aggy. Neither of us wanted to leave..

Room Tip: Just let the Duveens know what you would like, the rooms are a delight
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Hopkims House Farm is a slice of Americana. Located a few miles outside of picturesque Salem,
it is a beautifully restored farmhouse that is a charming and relaxing way to step back into time.

Charlie ans Aggy are are a wonderfully inviting and interesting couple. And, Charlie makes a mean scrambled egg.

Dogs, donkeys, and lots of history make this an inviting and homey hospitality. Though I love my Marriotts, I would take Hopkins House any night.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Great place to stay! It is a beautiful old home and farm with lovely rooms, comfortable bed and a great breakfast. Charlie and Aggie were perfect hosts. The surrounding area was lovely. We plan to stay at Hopkins House Farm again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Charlie and Aggie are the welcoming hosts in their 1790 farm house. We have stayed there several times and have loved each visit. The farm has beautiful barns and other outbuildings, with a beautiful view down the valley. Excellent breakfasts and good conversations.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Very relaxed and accommodating. Nice change from hotels on business. Charlie and Aggie deliver a perfect mix of company and space to make you feel comfortable. Charlie satisfied my need for an early breakfast with grace and conversation.

Pete Perron

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center. 7 miles into town on your bicycle. Perfect!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This was a wonderful Bed and Breakfast for us to stop and have a little Rest and Relaxation during our travels from Maine to Maryland. The location was fabulous, we were close to tons of antique shops where we picked up a few goodies and also had the opportunity to visit Lake George which was only about 1/2 hour away. The interior of the home is filled with many antiques books and paintings to enjoy - for me, it was "eye candy". Especially loved hearing my boyfriends niece play beautiful music on the grand piano... and the dining room (incredibly warm and inviting) allowed all of us to enjoy wonderful breakfasts together - just loved the way they ground that coffee in the old time crank grinder, its on my list to get one for myself to remind me of my stay at Hopkins Farm Bed & Breakfast. My son fished on the small pond and believe it or not actually caught his first fish, he was so proud, the fish was huge. And he just loved all the animals, especially the donkey's.... Just couldn't get enough, cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely. Thank You Charles and Aggy for a wonderful stay at Hopkins House Bed &...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to stay at the Hopkins House Bed and Breakfast Farm after being invited to a wedding reception near Salem. Charlie and Aggie made us feel right at home in this incredible house (it's over 200 years old!). Our room was very comfortable, breakfast was fresh and delicious, and the house and grounds are absolutely lovely. Beautiful scenery, wonderful people, overall a fantastic and incredibly relaxing stay. If you make it out here, be sure to say hi to all the animals that call this farm their home - it was the highlight of our stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Hopkins House Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!