“Fantastic Weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hopkins House Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My friend and I arrived *very* late in the evening, Charlie was waiting up for us. He introduced us to Sizzles (the friendly, huge!, orange tabby who lives outside of the house and hangs on the porch at night) and brought us up to our cozy two-bed room w/ the mattress heaters!!! after making sure we didn't want any late night snacks. The bedroom was comfortable, our breakfasts were delightful as were our long conversations with Charlie and Aggy. The house is gorgeous, warm and accommodating. Can't say enough about the Duveens or their lovely farm. The surrounding countryside is breathtaking too! A 45min drive from either VT or Saratoga Springs. We had a wonderful time and will certainly be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We felt welcomed the minute we drove in. Aggy and Charlie are the kindest and most considerate of hosts and so helpful. The breakfasts are superb and the aroma of their home-roasted and freshly brewed coffee will welcome you after a wonderfully peaceful night's sleep. We used Hopkins House Farm as a refuge after dropping our daughter off for her freshman year at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs -- a wonderful place for parents to retreat to!

Rebecca & Dario

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I didn't want to leave. Aggy and Charlie made the weekend PERFECT. We eat, we slept, we chatted, we relaxed. We also ate lots of cheese.... :) The food and coffee were fantastic and they were also wonderful hosts, welcoming our dog with open arms and making her feel as welcome as they did us!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We had a wonderful time at Hopkins House. Charlie and Aggy Duveen are the most perfect hosts.
Had the best nights sleep and woke up to a delicous country breakfast.
Would highly reccommend and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

It was no accident that my daughter, grandson and I ended up at Hopkins House Farm B&B considering we have been friends of the family for a long time. Yet, like so many of us, life had lead me in a different direction and I was failing to take the time just like most of us do. Recently, I learned that life and the time we are gifted is not guaranteed. So, there we were at the B&B taking that most precious time. When we first arrived, Charlie with his wonderful energy and way with kids, instantly rallied my grandson, Kaiden, to take the "barn tour" and they were off. This was my first stay at a B&B so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I watched the interaction between hosts, Charlie and Aggie and guests, jumped in on occasion to help or was elicited by Charlie to grind coffee beans using the antique grinder hanging on the wall, fell in love with the stove, took a wonderful walk with my long time friend Aggie and admired a poetic view. I met a diverse group of individuals, masquerading as travelers, and found they were not too unlike myself; following various paths that had been guided by their life experiences, their hearts, passions and personal desires to make a difference in the world (Jan and John specifically). I would consider staying at other B&Bs based on my experiences here at Hopkins House Farm but I think Charlie and Aggie have set the bar pretty high when it comes to hospitality, hominess, unassuming atmosphere and family oriented presentation, especially when it comes to breakfast/brunch depending on what time of the morning you want to part from a very comfortable bed! Loved it! Love you Charlie and Aggie and thank you again for making us all feel at home!

Room Tip: The Vanburen room, with its king size bed, was very comfortable but you may have to book in advance...
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I have been visiting Washington County for several years. This is one of our favorite places to stay in the area. We've stayed at many B&B's in the past 15 years and I can tell you that it's a treat to be able to stay with people who take such pride in their home and are so accommodating with their guests. Our first visit coincided with a massive storm that knocked out the electricity in the entire area. Charlie waited up for us with lit candles until the wee hours of the morning so that we would be able to make our way around the house. By morning, the electricity was back up and running and we were greeted with coffee and eggs and fresh fruit.

Hopkins House is a very cool farm with an amazing history and great modern amenities such as wifi. I was able to sit on the screened in porch and listen to the crickets while working on assignments. The perfect way to work.

In short, we slept well, we ate well, we were completely comfortable. Charlie and Aggie were wonderful hosts.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the rooms upstairs and although there was a lot of morning activity downstairs a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were in Salem,, New York to see the world premier of NYC's Kipuka Theatre's new piece, "The Disastrous Tale of Vera and Linus" at Salem Art Works (SAW). My husband, son, his girlfriend and myself spent the night at the Hopkins House Farm B and B.
In the morning I awoke to the aroma of fresh roasted coffee and homemade delicacies cooking in the kitchen. I sat in the kitchen drinking coffee and watched as innkeepers Charlie and Aggie created a Sunday Brunch for all the guests in the house. Everything was fresh, organic and as beautiful as it was delicious. I have stove envy - check out the 8 burner antique stove.
While breakfast was cooking my son and his girlfriend went out to the barn to feed the donkeys banana peels. Be sure to ask Charlie to share the story of Waldo (tone of the donkeys) when you stay.
I have a non profit Arts Holding Hands and Hearts (www.artsholdinghandsandhearts.com) in Pennsylvania. Next year we will hold a yoga and holistic retreat at the Hopkins House Farm.
Thank you Aggie and Charlie for a short summertime memory that will stay in my heart for ever.

Room Tip: All of them are unique and special, it depends on your needs
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Been to Hopkins House Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!