“Irish pub - great food!”

Loughran's Irish Pub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My husband and I went there for dinner on a Friday night. I had filet of sirloin and lobster tail and my husband had the stuffed pork chops. The food was excellent! My sirloin was served with mushrooms in a demi glace and the lobster tail was broiled on top. The sausage stuffing that the pork chops were stuffed with was delicious. The portions were generous! The restaurant has a bar on one side and the restaurant is on the other side. It is not fancy - most of the patrons were dressed in jeans. However, you can't beat the food! It is a place that I could take my kids to eat as well. Also, the alcohol is very fairly priced. I had a generous glass of wine for $5.00 and my husband had a glass of Harp beer for a little over $5.00. My husband had an Irish coffee and he said it was strong and delicious!

There are newer reviews for Loughran's Irish Pub

Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

This is my families first choice when I come to visit. The atmosphere is appealing, relaxed and friendly. The food is very good with a varied menu and reasonable price. A good family place and still comfortable for one. And the food is great.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We always enjoyed our visit here. However, we haven't been here in a almost a year and our last visit was a little disappointing. We visited last month on a Friday night. The menu was a little different and printed on a newspaper. I don't think these menus will last very long; they were already ripping. Anyway, I ordered a strip steak and my husband had the prime rib. My son ordered the stuffed shrimp and my daughter had a hamburger. I noticed they eliminated the fried shrimp and a few other inexpensive items on the menu. Anyway, I noticed the waitress, the staff was young, giving 2 other tables bread. However, she passed us by and we had to get her attention for bread. The restaurant was not crowed; it was actually empty. We received her appetizers and drinks. When we were served our food; the steak dishes were barely warm. We asked the waitress to take them back. She said she can give us a new dish or pour hot juice over the meat. I don't know why the food was not served hot to begin with. Anyway she returned with our food a few minutes later. We were not happy; they were served lukewarm again. My potatoes were not even warm and the steak was near cool. We ate it anyway. The service was not as good as we remember the last time we visited. There was no excuse considering they were not crowded. The waitress seemed more interested in counting her tip money at the table. We're not sure if we'll return anytime soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We always went on their specials night, because it included lobster and prime rib - something for everyone. Now, it seems the specials are one or the other. Makes it tricky in my family!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

For your money, the quantity and quality of the food is an excellent buy as compared to other Mid-Hudson Valley restaurants. It has a local bar/ Irish pub atmosphere and separate family dining area. There is big menu, prime rib is their specialty. I would not recommend the Irish style fish and chips - the breading is invaribly too doughy and undercooked. But lots of other great dishes. Staff are friendly and there are lots of loyal customers. Shortly after Hurricane Sandy, they had power and were serving a full dining room and at the bar, with live Irish music. Nothing fancy, just good people, good food and drink, good prices.