The Point is by far the best lodging experience I have ever had. We stayed in the boat house and were in awe the whole time.
Everything is included when you stay at The Point. Food, drinks, recreation, etc. We found everything to be top-notch and were often surprised by the staff with extra touches.
One afternoon we were hanging out in a lean-to on property which we had not mentioned to anyone. After about 20 minutes in the lean-to, two staff members show-up with a small picnic and champagne. Very unexpected and a great example of what makes The Point unique.
One evening we chose to dine in our room for dinner rather than join everyone in the dining hall. This was a very romantic experience and the service was second to none.
Cannot recommend the place more. If you have a chance to stay here by all means do!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Point is a world apart. A Private, adult only, Adirondack estate on the edge of a shining mountain lake. A Great Camp of the Great North Woods, built by William Avery Rockefeller a century ago as his family’s private home. Today The Point is a resort like no other, a magnificent log retreat full of priceless art and fine antiques, where guests gather as the high society of the Gilded Ages once did at vibrant house parties deep in the forest. As a guest of The Point, the secluded, 75-acre property is yours, the days unfold at your leisure, and the staff anticipates your every need. Each meal is an event, each day an adventure, each night a celebration. It is simple, splendid, authentic. It is a perfect place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your The Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Point Hotel Saranac Lake
- Point Saranac Lake
- Point Hotel Saranac Lake
- The Point Saranac Lake, New York