The Adirondack Motel is a home away from home. My sister, nephew and I stayed two nights in one of the kitchenette rooms last fall, during a cool weekend in the Adirondacks. Every aspects of our stay was simply wonderful. The owner-operators, a lovely couple who I believe live on-site, welcomed us as if we were old friends, with a batch of fresh baked muffins, their signature treat.
The room was homey, with a large bed, pull-out couch, table and chairs and kitchenette including stove, microwave, sink and coffee maker. The BEST part, however, was the view of Lake Flower, especially at night. Twinkling lights of the building on the opposite shore charmed us to sleep.
The owners also allow pets, and their two dogs are wonderful greeters.
We hope to visit Saranac Lake again this summer or fall, and will definitely stay at the Adirondack Motel. While there are many, many places to stay in the area, one would be hard pressed to find better accommodations at double the price. And try to catch a show at the Pendragon Theater, a local theater company that take great pride in the quality of their performances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the center of everything Adirondack. Fish, ski, hike, paddle, swim or just relax. At the edge of Saranac Lake and only 7 miles from Lake Placid. Motel rooms, lakefront Boathouse efficiencies and large Cottage suites. Motor boat rentals available. Free moorage for your boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Adirondack Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adirondack Motel Saranac Lake, New York
- Adirondack Hotel Saranac Lake